Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 327277787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by neo999 View Post
    I can't get Preware to see anything that's installed. Patches, programs, anything. Missed removing a file somewhere, I'm sure.

Two things:

1. You *do* know the difference between "Luna Restart" and rebooting, right? Big difference...
    2. Have you (or anyone else that is sitting around deleting databases...) run the "Emergency Reconstruction Utility"?!?

M.
    Guys, I'm sure I once saw a web page, on "preware.org", that had a search engine function. I can no longer remember it, and wading through every page of "ipkg.preware.org" is no option. Could you please help me? I just want to see what's available from a regular browser, not from Preware.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Guys, I'm sure I once saw a web page, on "preware.org", that had a search engine function. I can no longer remember it, and wading through every page of "ipkg.preware.org" is no option. Could you please help me? I just want to see what's available from a regular browser, not from Preware.
    Nothing that's compatible is available on .org that isn't also available in preware.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    You *do* know the difference between "Luna Restart" and rebooting, right? Big difference...
    Why is that important in this context? The problem is obviously in Luna
    (Also: simply rebooting doesn't help, removing the database and restarting Luna or the Touchpad does)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Have you (or anyone else that is sitting around deleting databases...) run the "Emergency Reconstruction Utility"?!?
    I have, didn't help, but might help for him

You seem to confuse neo's Pre2 problem with the annoying "Reading Saved Package List" problem.

Keep it nice
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Why is that important in this context? The problem is obviously in Luna
    (Also: simply rebooting doesn't help, removing the database and restarting Luna or the Touchpad does)

I have, didn't help, but might help for him

You seem to confuse neo's Pre2 problem with the annoying "Reading Saved Package List" problem.

Keep it nice
    The "Reading Saved Package List" problem was the issue on my Pre 2! And the "Emergency Reconstruction Utility" download from Preware did the trick! Thanks webOS-insternals, donations well spent!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hello precentral forums. I have a Verizon Pixi Plus with 1.4.5.1 installed. For the past couple of days, I have been constantly trying to re-install PreWare but I keep getting the "no device connected error." And yes, I have Developer Mode on. And my USB ports work just fine. And I clicked 'Just Charge.' I am doing everything right, but WebOS QuickInstall isn't seeming to work. Any suggestions?

For the curious mind, I upgraded my Pixi to 2.1, but it was so slow and affected my battery life so much (it would hold charge for 3 hours and then die, with 3G turned off) that I found myself doctoring back to 1.4.5.1 within a week. I can still see how my battery is worse now than it was before I upgraded to 2.1. When I was on 1.4.5.1 before, I was able to install PreWare just fine. Maybe there is a problem because I upgraded to 2.1 and there are still remaining aspects of that on my Pixi?
    New touchpad, overclocked at 1.5 and want to try beta 1.7. Opened Preware and it's stuck on Reading Saved Package List and won't load. Uninstalled and reinstalled didn't help, same issue. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by bishopd View Post
    New touchpad, overclocked at 1.5 and want to try beta 1.7. Opened Preware and it's stuck on Reading Saved Package List and won't load. Uninstalled and reinstalled didn't help, same issue. Any suggestions?
    Read up through this thread for the posted answer to your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Read up through this thread for the posted answer to your question.
    Thx, Jerry, got it.
    When you cross launch preware from another app with viewPackage: [id] to show a specific package the app always shows the install button even if the package is already installed. Shouldnt it show the remove button in that case?
    Also, if you use the back arrow from this view the app navigates to a blank screen.

Would be great if you could look into this! Thanks!
  11.    #1631  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    When you cross launch preware from another app with viewPackage: [id] to show a specific package the app always shows the install button even if the package is already installed. Shouldnt it show the remove button in that case?
    Also, if you use the back arrow from this view the app navigates to a blank screen.

Would be great if you could look into this! Thanks!
    Since in this instance Preware does not read the information from feeds or current list of installed packages, it has no way of knowing if the package is installed or not.

To add that would cause people to have to go through a feeds update on cross-launching, which is not the intended purpose of that cross-launching facility.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Since in this instance Preware does not read the information from feeds or current list of installed packages, it has no way of knowing if the package is installed or not.

To add that would cause people to have to go through a feeds update on cross-launching, which is not the intended purpose of that cross-launching facility.

-- Rod
    Ok, I see. The thing is I want to give the user the option to uninstall a patch from the patched application itself. I suppose there is no way to do this via preware then?
    On my Touchpad, I am continually getting stuck on "Reading Saved Package List" and having to delete Preware, reload Preware and restart the TP to get it to work.

Any suggestions?
    That will be fixed in 3.0.5

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hello,

reporting a bug:

Latest stable preware (1.8.5)
    webos 2.2.0-3171 , pre3 european version, english language

While launching preware, I tapped on an email notification.. the email client launched and opened a gmail message.

Next : the screen froze, no buttons worked, no gestures working
    Next : center of the screen developed a black area spanning both sides
    next : screen got corrupted taking a purple - not focused appearance
    next : it self rebooted, hard

Patches installed : Add scrollbars to browser
    muffle system logging
    quiet powerd messages
    remove dropped packet logging
    unthrottle download manager
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --user-agent Preware --create-dirs --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.tehtorq.reddit-hb_0.2.7_all.ipk http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/applications/000/015/764/com.tehtorq.reddit-hb_0.2.7_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    8 373k 8 34159 0 0 83239 0 0:00:04 --:--:-- 0:00:04 183k
    curl: (23) Failed writing body (49 != 1440)

I can't get anything to update or install. Does anybody have ay ideas?
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Get this error when I run preware. on my ota 2.2.4 updated frakenpre

Then When I try to go to saved packgae list to update I get this error for every single patch. Can someone please help me Ive been going for 3 days without patches thinking it was a server error or something.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -I --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....0-118_all.ipk 2>&1
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Any help please would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I've not seen an update for 3.04 and having read about many difficulties I've not even tried it on the TP myself since I upgraded WebOS.
    giggles,

what feed are you trying to get patches out of? I'm guessing that you're using the old feeds, rather than the current ones.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: