Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717677787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    I have installed 3.0.4 on my Touchpad yesterday, and everything including Preware has been working.

Tonight, I just went launched Preware and after going through the package list it seems to get stuck on Reading Saved Package List with the circular arrow and does not exit the process.

Anyone else experiencing this? How do I fix it?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    What worked vor me was removing the file
    Code:
    /var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications
    .org.webosinternals.preware_0/000000000000001b.db
    and restarting Luna after that.
    Thanks for the tip ! Deleting the file worked great for me. I was wondering how to get past the endless loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    What worked vor me was removing the file
    Code:
    /var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications
    and restarting Luna after that.
    Sorry if the question seems silly but HOW did you remove the code?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I did it over SSH, but you can also use xterm (install Xecutah for this) and type
    Code:
    rm /var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications
    /edit: Internalz should also work.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    I did it over SSH, but you can also use xterm (install Xecutah for this) and type
    Code:
    rm /var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications
    /edit: Internalz should also work.
    Thank you.
    Obviously I was having the same problem and I used internalz to move the file to another directory (just in case) and that solved everything.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Thank you.
    Obviously I was having the same problem and I used internalz to move the file to another directory (just in case) and that solved everything.
    today I helped updated a friends touchpad and then preware would no longer run.
    I said thats strange I used preware after I did the update, so I pulled out my TP and preware hangs on loading as well.
    I tried removeing the above files and still will not load. I also uninstalled preware and reinstalled and still the same problem.

any ideas??
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    I said thats strange I used preware after I did the update, so I pulled out my TP and preware hangs on loading as well.
    I tried removeing the above files and still will not load. I also uninstalled preware and reinstalled and still the same problem.

any ideas??

How are you installing Preware? Are you using the Official directions at: install.preware.org ?

M.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    How are you installing Preware? Are you using the Official directions at: install.preware.org ?

M.

I used webos quick install,
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post

any ideas??

So I did a uninstall again, reboot, install, reboot and this time preware loaded.
    It said I had 1 package updates avail. and when I checked it, it was for preware 1.8.4, so I updated that and preware is running like new.
    There is certainly some issues with Preware on 3.0.4. First of all, I too have faced the issue of Preware getting stuck on the "Reading Saved Package List" stage, with the circular arrow. How I resolved the issue was by restoring the Preware data from Save/Restore. How that helped, I have no idea, but it did work.

Secondly and more importantly. I have two TouchPads and on both after the OTA update, the 'Saved Package List' in Preware did not show any of the patches that I had installed prior to the OTA update. By the way, on the 1st TouchPad, i did not remove any of the patches or the F15C kernel before doing the OTA update. On the 2nd TouchPad, I did run EPR before doing the OTA update. On both TouchPads, the 'Saved Package List' did not list my installed patches anymore.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I de-installed preware to set up the alpha feeds (already had the betas).

have re-installed preware with both quickinstall (downloaded the 1.8.3 ipk) and with the command line with which all seemed OK, but it did say 1.8.4 already installed.

BUT preware has vanished, doesn't appear on any tab on desktop, can't be found with just type and not listed under software manager.

What have I done wrong !
    Sorru should have said - Touchpad 3.04 !
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Thank you.
    all I'm finding with internalz is a xxxx02.db fIle but no 1b file. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    all I'm finding with internalz is a xxxx02.db fIle but no 1b file. Any suggestions?
    Same here

Just a 0000000000000002.db file.

Remove it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    Its fine, you can go ahead and delete it.. mine was xxxxxxx03.db, I deleted it then did a luna restart from internalz pro and preware now works like a charm!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I'm installing via wosqi. The error happens and continues to happen after Preware tells me to install Preware update. Prior to installing, I uninstalled via Preware.

I just checked the other Touchpad in the house made with the same doctor (I installed ubuntu) and it seems fine, also last week did not notice any issue with my friend's touchpad (I installed also for them). This one too was fine until recently.
    The only unusual thing I have done recently is use internalzpro to open and move a bunch of .wav files in media/internal directories.
    This mystery was never solved but is now closed. A separate issue which could or could not have been related was that doctoring made me unable to sign-in to my profile. After 3.04 arrived, I was able to sign in and get apps but not data, a long bout lasting days with HP tech support then determined my backups were corrupt and I deleted them.
    Quote Originally Posted by syntron View Post
    Its fine, you can go ahead and delete it.. mine was xxxxxxx03.db, I deleted it then did a luna restart from internalz pro and preware now works like a charm!
    Thanks for adding that... I had the same issue and missed the Luna restart step until I saw your note. My file was a different number also xxxxxx5 and deleting it and performing the Luna restart fixed the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    There is certainly some issues with Preware on 3.0.4. First of all, I too have faced the issue of Preware getting stuck on the "Reading Saved Package List" stage, with the circular arrow. How I resolved the issue was by restoring the Preware data from Save/Restore. How that helped, I have no idea, but it did work.

Secondly and more importantly. I have two TouchPads and on both after the OTA update, the 'Saved Package List' in Preware did not show any of the patches that I had installed prior to the OTA update. By the way, on the 1st TouchPad, i did not remove any of the patches or the F15C kernel before doing the OTA update. On the 2nd TouchPad, I did run EPR before doing the OTA update. On both TouchPads, the 'Saved Package List' did not list my installed patches anymore.
    I was able to resolve the error notice issue but note that its not showing some of my installed patches.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I too am having trouble seeing previously "Installed Packages" on my Pre 2. Can only see installs/updates done after reinstalling Preware and nothing else. Been through this thread and others, tried uninstall/reinstall several times w/ Luna Restarts in between. No Luck. I can't get Preware to see anything that's installed. Patches, programs, anything. Missed removing a file somewhere, I'm sure. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!