Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Ohh k never mind. I got it to work. I had to gain access to linux, remount as writable. Now it works just fine. its sad I didn't think of it when i type that long msg out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallabe99 View Post
    Ohh k never mind. I got it to work. I had to gain access to linux, remount as writable. Now it works just fine. its sad I didn't think of it when i type that long msg out.
    ROTFL! How many times have I been there? Glad ya got it fixed!
    it says
    ErrorGenericMethodException Failure during 'install' operation.
    I am running 1.4.1 not sure what version of preware, and just updating a variety of homebrew apps and patches that I have downloaded from preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, for those with command line access, I have an even simpler test case:

1) Restart Luna
    2) Open the phone dialpad
    3) Open your email
    4) Access the device command line
    5) luna-send -n 1 luna://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan '{}'
    6) Watch the phone and email windows disappear

So, I can reproduce this webOS bug without even starting Preware now.

I think that proves that it is not a Preware bug.

Note that it will only happen on the first rescan after a luna restart.

-- Rod
    I suspect it may affect all of:

com.palm.app.phone
    com.palm.app.email
    com.palm.app.calendar
    com.palm.app.messaging
    com.palm.app.contacts
    com.palm.app.camera

-- Rod
    I know I should have posted this a few days ago but I forgot.

A few weeks ago, I was emailing a Palm Employee on this same bug, I told him all that the bug did, but I couldn't figure out a way to consistently reproduce it. He thought it was a Preware problem, but said he would look into it.

When I saw your post with how to reproduce it without using Preware, I immediately emailed back the Palm Employee I had been taking to with detailed instructions on how to reproduce it.

A few hours later, he emailed me back and confirmed the problem. He said that he would take the problem to Engineering ASAP.

I'd just like to let everyone know that Palm now knows all about this problem. Their Engineering team is working on it as we speak. Hopefully a fix will be incorporated in the next WebOS update.

Oh, and another bug that this problem causes that I didn't see mentioned elsewhere in this thread is that it closes the Messaging app as well, and any texts/IMs you receive won't get sent to your device as notifications. You will continue to receive texts, but you wont be notified at all of them. When you open the messaging app later, you will get a bunch of notifications at once of all of the texts/IMs you have recieved since the Luna rescan.

A way to fix this is to simply open the messaging app after it has been closed by the Luna Rescan. Then you will recieve texts as normal again.

Also, if you don't open the Phone app after a Luna Rescan where it gets closed, I think that when you get a phone call you won't get notified of it either.
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    One more update:

I just got another email from Palm, they said they currently "have a potential plan in action" regarding this bug.
    Follow me on Twitter

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    That's good news. Thanks for sharing!

(I hope they're going to address the "Updates" icon always telling us there's updates when there isn't too...)

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    That's good news. Thanks for sharing!

(I hope they're going to address the "Updates" icon always telling us there's updates when there isn't too...)

M.
    That problem is an issue that happens when homebrew apps installed with Preware get approved into the Palm App Catalog. You can read more about it here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals (read the fourth bullet)
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    That problem is an issue that happens when homebrew apps installed with Preware get approved into the Palm App Catalog. You can read more about it here: [url= - WebOS Internals[/url] (read the fourth bullet)
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

M.
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlepore View Post
    Luna instals fine but call duration in call log has a dependancy on package mgr service.
    I've changed that dependency from Package Manager Service to Preware. The autobuilder should update the existing package in the next 30 minutes or so.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod,

There was at least one other patch that has a dependency on Package Manager Service, but unfortunely, now that PMS doesn't exist I can't look it up to let you know which it (they?) is. Is there still a way to get the last rev of PMS back in the feds so I/We can see everything that claims to need it?

M.
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    There was at least one other patch that has a dependency on Package Manager Service
    I just did a grep on our patch directory, and only found two - the US-English and the EFIGS versions of the Call duration patch.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    OK. I just seemed to remember there being two dependency icons at the top of the PMS package info page. The Call Duration and something else. Maybe it was just some weird left over from whenever ago. Grep doesn't lie!

Thanks Rod!

M.
    I just did a grep on our patch directory, and only found two - the US-English and the EFIGS versions of the Call duration patch.

-- Rod
    I just greped through the Depends on what I have currently installed and you're right, only Call Duration In Call Log depends on PMS.

Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps# ipkg -o./ info org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log
    Version: 1.4.1-1
    Depends: org.webosinternals.patch, org.webosinternals.lsdiff, org.webosinternals.ipkgservice
    Section: Phone
    Architecture: all
    Maintainer: dBsooner
    Size: 35938
    Filename: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log_1.4.1-1_all.ipk
    Description: Call Duration in Call Log
    Installed-Size: 6063

M.
    Rod, thanks! You guys are the absolute best, I can't express that enough. Just having these forums makes it worth having a Pre over any other phone!

Also great work reproducing that WebOS problem! Now that palm knows where that bug in the OS is we should be able to see some increased stability on our phones!
    forgive me if this has been mentioned, but if I launch preware, go into card view and the accidentally select preware, the app card goes gray and does not seem to return to working. Minor thing, just thought I'd mention it. Previous versions would just bring preware outta card view but the app would continue to function...
    Welcome back, Rod. How was the camping trip? Just wanted to mention that I, too, can confirm with testing that the webOS bug is on my phone.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    forgive me if this has been mentioned, but if I launch preware, go into card view and the accidentally select preware, the app card goes gray and does not seem to return to working. Minor thing, just thought I'd mention it. Previous versions would just bring preware outta card view but the app would continue to function...
    I wasn't able to repeat this problem, was there anything else open in card view or anything loading when this happens? Any particular time it does this (after an install, after a luna restart, ect....)? What version of Preware, webOS, Pre are you using?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    never mind
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I found a major flaw with Preware 1.x - the tagline on the main screen says "We will get to v1.0...Eventually".
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    I found a major flaw with Preware 1.x - the tagline on the main screen says "We will get to v1.0...Eventually".
    HAHA, Yeah, I put that in as a joke when it was at 0.9.x, it should have been removed for 1.0
Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast