Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27677273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geezer View Post
    I have been trying to install Preware on my TP and having no luck whatsoever :-(

I have followed the instructions as per the manual *and I'm definitely in Developer Mode and my PC sees the TP as an attached device.

I have used the webos quick install 4.01 as per the site, it installs fine including the novacom drivers as the console shows the HP Touchpad. *I then click the world thing to get the Preware package onto the touchpad and it comes up with the message that its installing.

After a few atempts last night, I left it to continue to install over night but still no joy. I have looked at the forums and there seems to be no one else with same issues ?

How long did it take you to install the preware stuff ? I'm running a Win7 64 Ultimate setup.
    I am having the same problem have you found a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by trzeigler View Post
    I am having the same problem have you found a solution?
    Hi

What I did was restart both the PC and TP.

Ran webOSQuickInstall-4.2.3 without the TP connected

When the message from the Preware Control Panel said no device connected, I connected the TP via the USB cable

Your TP at this point will ask - i. USB Drive ii Cancel. Choose Cancel

On the Preware Control Panel, click cancel. This will close the webOSQuickInstall program

Leave the TP connected and start the webOSQuickInstall again. This time it showed up as a Device

Click the World type icon and let it do what it needs to

If all is well you will get a Penguin Preware icon in your Downloads folder

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, what you're seeing is a real error. I'm not sure of the cause yet. I have seen it myself, but don't have a repeatable cause yet.

-- Rod
    Rod,

I had the same error, and thought I fixed it. I turned off all feeds, restarted Preware. Exited. Started again, turned the feeds back on. Updated feeds, and no longer got the error.

I tried to install the ssh/sftp package, and it wouldn't install. The downloading / installing page just kept spinning. The numbers indicated it had completely downloaded, but it never installed. I figured maybe it was a compatibility issue, and gave up.

This morning, I tried to install the Add Launcher Tabsackage, and have the same issue. Downloading / Installing says Transferred: 7620 / 7620, but never goes any further.

Suggestions?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I do not know if this is a Preware or an Advance Browser issue, but I will start here first since I know that Preware registers as the handler for .ipk. On my TouchPad if I copy a url for an ipk into Advanced Browser it downloads the ipk and when I try to launch it it says "Can not open Mime type". The same link pasted into the default Browser launches Preware. Is this a Preware or Advanced Browser issue?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  5.    #1525  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I do not know if this is a Preware or an Advance Browser issue, but I will start here first since I know that Preware registers as the handler for .ipk. On my TouchPad if I copy a url for an ipk into Advanced Browser it downloads the ipk and when I try to launch it it says "Can not open Mime type". The same link pasted into the default Browser launches Preware. Is this a Preware or Advanced Browser issue?
    Advanced Browser issue. You should notify the author.

-- Rod
    Anyone else having trouble getting preware to load the patches after installing 3.0.2 on their TP? I get a very long error when starting preware and after hitting OK, the main page loads but patches are greyed out. I see a 404 error, so maybe the feed is down? -Grand
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    Anyone else having trouble getting preware to load the patches after installing 3.0.2 on their TP? I get a very long error when starting preware and after hitting OK, the main page loads but patches are greyed out. I see a 404 error, so maybe the feed is down? -Grand

Following "webosinternals" on Twitter would be a good idea in the future...

The directory doesn't even exist yet, and won't for a day or so. It's never a Good Idea (tm) to install a webOS update *before* all the Homebrew feeds have been setup, patches tested, and stuff updated accordingly, unless you are one of the developers.

M.
    Feature request:

For *JUST* the scene when you tap on a screenshot to see it bigger, I think it should be made landscape-able. Case in point:

Granted I've only run across just this one app so far, but, maybe it should be headed off at the pass. Again, I'm suggesting free rotation for JUST that scene. (Honestly I'm not sure if it's possible for that individual push, but...).

Just a suggestion, nothing more.

Thank you.

M.
    I'm having a bit of an issue with my Veer - since today, none of the feeds work. They take some time to load, then I get an error message.

They do on my TouchPad however.

Using 2.1.2 on ATT.
  10.    #1530  
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    I'm having a bit of an issue with my Veer - since today, none of the feeds work. They take some time to load, then I get an error message.
    Let me consult my crystal ball to look at that error message and discern the problem ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    spudland likes this.
    Here is the screenshot.

Is there anything else you would need? I didn't make any changes to the feeds or anything.
  12.    #1532  
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Here is the screenshot.

Is there anything else you would need? I didn't make any changes to the feeds or anything.
    Looks like a basic "can't connect to the network" error to me.

Try to access the same URLs using the browser on the device.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Just tried it and it worked. It looks like my Wi-Fi connection and the Veer weren't playing nice with each other. I just reset the router and all is good.

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I just OTA'd to Verizon 2.1.0, and now no Preware Top Bar patches will install. I did do EPR prior to the install.

Of note, Preware thought I was 2.0.1 until I changed feed updates to every launch.

Also, while Top Bar patches not installing, it did install the update to YouView, and a patch to SMS vibrate to 1.5 seconds and Select Alert and Notification Tones, and Advanced Restart installed. Luna Restarts after each patch. (Much faster with 2.1!)

Dumb Question - what email do I send the patch failure report from PreWare to? (PM me please)

Preware is 1.7.0
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 08/17/2011 at 07:06 AM.
  15.    #1535  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    I just OTA'd to Verizon 2.1.0, and now no Preware patches will install. I did do EPR prior to the install.

Of note, Preware thought I was 2.0.1 until I changed feed updates to every launch.

Also, while patches not installing, it did install the update to YouView.

Dumb Question - what email do I send the patch failure report from PreWare to? (PM me please)
    1) Did you reboot after the OTA before running Preware again, so that it could detect the new webOS version and automatically update the feed URLs?

2) Email it to yourself and then post it here.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I have rebooted a couple times and also have Preware updating feeds each time it starts. I do Luna restart anytime it says to. That has fixed most patches. I still can't get Uber Calendar to install (pasting below the error message). Despite getting error message, the Device Menu Megamix did install it turns out. Error messages below.

PS - WebOS Internals rocks webOS - thanks again! The patches make it a much nicer phone to own, and WAY better than Android ROMs!

----------------------------------------
    Uber Calendar installation error message

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    78 105k 78 84701 0 0 8964 0 0:00:12 0:00:09 0:00:03 13880
    100 105k 100 105k 0 0 10543 0 0:00:10 0:00:10 --:--:-- 17773
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-item.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-item.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-----------------------

-----------------------
    Device menu megamix
    -----------------------

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 14044 100 14044 0 0 27049 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 38476
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    ----------------------------------
    Actually applying the patch!
    ----------------------------------
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    SUCCESS
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    8 14342 8 1194 0 0 4273 0 0:00:03 --:--:-- 0:00:03 8715
    100 14342 100 14342 0 0 28785 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 40286
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control.postinst 2>&1
    10 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix-with-media-vol-control.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    For some reason, Preware (and WOQI) no longer shows most of my installed packages. I've tried shutting it down and doing a hard restart, but I've had no luck. Any ideas?

P.S. I've also tried deleting and reinstalling Preware.
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    For some reason, Preware (and WOQI) no longer shows most of my installed packages. I've tried shutting it down and doing a hard restart, but I've had no luck. Any ideas?

P.S. I've also tried deleting and reinstalling Preware.
    "Install" the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    "Install" the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

M.
    That helped, thanks. There is now another kink, though. A bunch of apps are now saying "This is a webOS application," without any other description. I've gone into the saved package list and told it to update. I think that fixed a few, but there are a lot left. Any other options? Thanks again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

I figured that out. The only thing now is that it's not showing my theme as installed. I can't remove it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums