Page 76 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26667172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, what you're seeing is a real error. I'm not sure of the cause yet. I have seen it myself, but don't have a repeatable cause yet.

-- Rod
    Ok, let me know if there is something you want me to do, because it happens every time I open Preware. I didn't install Save/Restore or the zip/unzip dependencies since they don't yet note that they are TP approved.
    Loaded Preware via webOSQI (thanks Jason!) on my TouchPad, just want to thank everyone that is affiliated with webOS Internals that donates their time and hard work for free to make this possible. Donated $20
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm not sure this is the right place to ask. I searched but did not find a save/restore thread other than the development one.

I can't seem to get save/restore to install on my touchpad. From preware I click install. It installs but the launch button does nothing and it's not listed on any launcher page.

it's compatible, right?
    Last few times I opened Preware v1.7.0 on TouchPad, I have received the following error during loading packages (whether auto or ask):

LJ logs:

[2011-07-10 17:37:48] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.veeho.sdlterminal): { "Title":"SDLTerminal", "LastUpdated":"", "Icon":"http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/015/587/icon.png", "Homepage":"http://www.precentral.net/sdlterminal", "License":"Other", "FullDescription":"<p>SDLTerminal is a lightweight terminal for the Palm Pre 1/2. The goal of the design is to ensure stability and compatibility on webOS 1.4.5 and 2.x Pre devices. Works out of the box without depending on configuration through other Apps. There are no prerequisites, everything you need is setup in the installation package.</p>\n<p>&nbsp;</p>\n<p><strong>Key bindings:</strong><br /><br /> SYM + b = &lt;<br /> SYM + h = [<br /> SYM + j = ]<br /> SYM + n = &gt;<br /> SYM + o = ~<br /> SYM + q = ESC<br /> SYM + t = TAB<br /> SYM + u = }<br /> SYM + y = {<br /> SYM + x = |<br /> SYM + z = \<br /> SYM + l = `<br /> SYM + p = ^<br /><br /> SYM + w = UP<br /> SYM + a = L

also

[2011-07-10 17:37:50] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (net.chickenbee.pribbage): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Games", "Title": "Pribbage", "Icon": "http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/010/770/stringio.txt", "LastUpdated": "1290038400", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/pribbage", "License": "GPL v3 Open Source", "FullDescription": "<p>Cribbage (herein known as Pribbage) is a 2-player card game. This particular version pits you against my programming skills, anthropomorphized as the computer. The two opponents in cribbage are referred to as the 'dealer' and the 'pone', switching positions with each deal. The object is to accumulate points faster than your opponent up to a target of either 61 or 121 points. Points are awarded for a variety of hands (including combinations of card values totaling 15, runs, flushes, and multiple cards of a given number) both during play and during the showing of the hands. A board is tradit

EDIT: sorry for the large SS pic, I don't mess around with photos much.
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 07/10/2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: oh, wow
    I see pandas.
    I am trying to install Preware on my TP and it is having an issue or two. It shows it is installing, but it exits the installer screen quickly. Preware does not install on the TP. I have preware installed on my Pre-, but cannot get it to work on the TP. Please help if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I am trying to install Preware on my TP and it is having an issue or two. It shows it is installing, but it exits the installer screen quickly. Preware does not install on the TP. I have preware installed on my Pre-, but cannot get it to work on the TP. Please help if possible.

Step 1: Explain the methods, in detail, of how you're trying to install it.
    Step 2: install.preware.org is your friend.

M.
    I ran through the installation process one more time, to document it step by step and it was successful this time. Thanks anyway.
    I get the same error as PrinceAlbert posted above. It happens when trying to add the "Prethemer" feed.
    ahh, yes, that appears to be it, Prethemer feed. I usually have that off, but forgot to toggle it back off the other day.

I believe Prethemer feed is currently down, so that seems to be the reason for the error.

yeah, just toggled Prethemer off, no more error.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    What is best Preware software for TouchPad?
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I'm getting error "unable to open saved packages database: SECURITY_ERR: DOM Exception 18" on my touchpad. Any ideas? Thank you.
  12.    #1512  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I'm getting error "unable to open saved packages database: SECURITY_ERR: DOM Exception 18" on my touchpad. Any ideas? Thank you.
    Known issue. Unknown cause. Reinstall is reported to fix it. Suspect bug in webOS 3.x handling of Mojo.Depot databases.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have been trying to install Preware on my TP and having no luck whatsoever :-(

I have followed the instructions as per the manual *and I'm definitely in Developer Mode and my PC sees the TP as an attached device.

I have used the webos quick install 4.01 as per the site, it installs fine including the novacom drivers as the console shows the HP Touchpad. *I then click the world thing to get the Preware package onto the touchpad and it comes up with the message that its installing.

After a few atempts last night, I left it to continue to install over night but still no joy. I have looked at the forums and there seems to be no one else with same issues ?

How long did it take you to install the preware stuff ? I'm running a Win7 64 Ultimate setup.
  14.    #1514  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geezer View Post
    I have been trying to install Preware on my TP and having no luck whatsoever :-(

I have followed the instructions as per the manual *and I'm definitely in Developer Mode and my PC sees the TP as an attached device.

I have used the webos quick install 4.01 as per the site, it installs fine including the novacom drivers as the console shows the HP Touchpad. *I then click the world thing to get the Preware package onto the touchpad and it comes up with the message that its installing.

After a few atempts last night, I left it to continue to install over night but still no joy. I have looked at the forums and there seems to be no one else with same issues ?

How long did it take you to install the preware stuff ? I'm running a Win7 64 Ultimate setup.
    Take a look at http://forums.precentral.net/3032214-post606.html

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Hey,

Well, this is sort of Preware releated in that I cannot install the latest Preware (v1.7.2) in the testing feeds. I tried to install Xterm/Xecutah today and my Pre reset in the middle of installation and when it reset, Preware couldn't find any of my apps. So I ran the Emergency Reconstruction Utility, which worked, but since then I'm having trouble installing apps, sending files to certain parts of the Pre, and ssh-ing into the device (I'm trying to finish a patch). For example, I was able to remove and reinstall the Optware SFTP packages, but I cannot install Preware or a few other apps. Trying to update on device just has Preware stay at the Downloading screen which displays that it's downloaded the entire file size and trying to install it with WOSQI gives me a File Transfer Failed. Trying to ssh into the device gives an immediate Access Denied now. I'm not really sure what happened.

EDIT: I was able to update Preware via the command-line installation instructions.
    Last edited by malpha; 07/17/2011 at 01:21 AM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I have prethemer turned off, and still get Prince Alberts error?
    Duh, WiFi connection had died. Wish TP would indicate dead WiFi. That has bitten a couple times.
    Hi All

I'm still having problems with me TP which is soon to become a frizbee. I using the cable to attach to my PC and when connected I only get 2 options i. USB Drive ii. Cancel

I followed the link kindly provided by rwhitby (Rod) and I have rebooted the TP a number of times over the past couple of days and I still don't get the option which says 'Recharge' when I connect the USB cable to my PC or even been able to install the Preware product set.

I am really struggling to get this going, is there anyone who can offer assistance please ?

Cheers
  19.    #1519  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geezer View Post
    Hi All

I'm still having problems with me TP which is soon to become a frizbee. I using the cable to attach to my PC and when connected I only get 2 options i. USB Drive ii. Cancel

I followed the link kindly provided by rwhitby (Rod) and I have rebooted the TP a number of times over the past couple of days and I still don't get the option which says 'Recharge' when I connect the USB cable to my PC or even been able to install the Preware product set.

I am really struggling to get this going, is there anyone who can offer assistance please ?

Cheers
    On the TouchPad, "Just Charge" is the same as hitting the "Cancel" button.

-- Rod
    Yeah !!

It's finally installed thanks for your patience Rod