Page 75 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1481  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Rod, when you get a chance, can you let me know possible causes of a 406 error when trying to install an IPK from a url (specifically the one I listed in my message above). I can download the IPK directly from a browser, but it gives the 406 error when using Preware.
    Dunno. The official ipkg.preware.org feeds work fine on various combinations of Apache, Nginx and Varnish web servers and proxies/caches.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #1482  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Dunno. The official ipkg.preware.org feeds work fine on various combinations of Apache, Nginx and Varnish web servers and proxies/caches.

    -- Rod
    It's running Apache 2.2.17 on Linux Kernel 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5. But it's not big deal...I have it working on dropbox.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  3. #1483  
    It's gotta be something your host is doing. They're blocking any request with a user agent including the word 'curl' with a 406. By default, curl sends 'curl/version'.

    Which is funny, because they also block anything with 'wget' in it, but wget sends 'Wget/version' by default and it passes with the capital W.

    Like Xanadu said, we could just change the user agent we send. But the error you see is definitely because your host thinks they know what they're doing.
  4. #1484  
    Occasionally preware acts like I:
    A) just opened it after an update,
    b) I am a first time use and need tips.

    I checked lumberjack just now after it happened, and got strange results (to me, anyway):

    [2011-06-11 01:30:00] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.veeho.sdlterminal): { "Title":"SDLTerminal", "LastUpdated":"", "Icon":"http://media.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/015/587/icon.png", "Homepage":"http://www.precentral.net/sdlterminal", "License":"Other", "FullDescription":"SDLTerminal is a lightweight terminal for the Palm Pre 1/2. The goal of the design is to ensure stability and compatibility on webOS 1.4.5 and 2.x Pre devices. Works out of the box without depending on configuration through other Apps. There are no prerequisites, everything you need is setup in the installation package.\n*\nKey bindings: SYM + b = SYM + o = ~ SYM + q = ESC SYM + t = TAB SYM + u = } SYM + y = { SYM + x = | SYM + z = \ SYM + l = ` SYM + p = ^ SYM + w = UP SYM + a =

    Any explanation?
  5. #1485  
    So HP now wants all of the Palm App Store feeds to be disabled in Preware? HP really doesn't seem to understand how important third-party developers and those of us who use their software, are to the WebOS. HP just keeps pushing us away. If HP pulls anymore of these stupid decisions, then I may just leave the WebOS for Android, because who knows how far HP is going to go to disable many of the third-party services that we use everyday. Palm was opened to letting us use Patches, Hacks and Mod's, but HP seems to be different. I miss Palm...

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  6. #1486  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    So HP now wants all of the Palm App Store feeds to be disabled in Preware? HP really doesn't seem to understand how important third-party developers and those of us who use their software, are to the WebOS. HP just keeps pushing us away. If HP pulls anymore of these stupid decisions, then I may just leave the WebOS for Android, because who knows how far HP is going to go to disable many of the third-party services that we use everyday. Palm was opened to letting us use Patches, Hacks and Mod's, but HP seems to be different. I miss Palm...
    Sorry to **** in on this thread, but I just wanted to state that HP is supportive of the homebrew community. They removed the App Catalog feeds, yes, but that hardly means they're anti-homebrew. Hell, they donated a server to webos-internals so homebrew could continue and they even invited some webos-internals members out to dinner a few days ago.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  7.    #1487  
    The decision by HP to stop all third-party access to the information in the app catalog other than through the on-device client or HP web sites has nothing whatsoever to do with homebrew.

    People really need to comprehend the difference.

    If you've decided that you need to be angry, at least be angry about the right thing.

    -- Rod
  8.    #1488  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Occasionally preware acts like I:
    A) just opened it after an update,
    b) I am a first time use and need tips.

    I checked lumberjack just now after it happened, and got strange results (to me, anyway):

    [2011-06-11 01:30:00] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.veeho.sdlterminal): { "Title":"SDLTerminal", "LastUpdated":"", "Icon":"http://media.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/015/587/icon.png", "Homepage":"http://www.precentral.net/sdlterminal", "License":"Other", "FullDescription":"SDLTerminal is a lightweight terminal for the Palm Pre 1/2. The goal of the design is to ensure stability and compatibility on webOS 1.4.5 and 2.x Pre devices. Works out of the box without depending on configuration through other Apps. There are no prerequisites, everything you need is setup in the installation package.\n*\nKey bindings: SYM + b = SYM + o = ~ SYM + q = ESC SYM + t = TAB SYM + u = } SYM + y = { SYM + x = | SYM + z = \ SYM + l = ` SYM + p = ^ SYM + w = UP SYM + a =

    Any explanation?
    That error message indicates there is some character in the description for that package which the native json parser doesn't like.

    If someone can determine what that character is, we can look at escaping it somehow ...

    -- Rod
  9. #1489  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The decision by HP to stop all third-party access to the information in the app catalog other than through the on-device client or HP web sites has nothing whatsoever to do with homebrew.

    People really need to comprehend the difference.

    If you've decided that you need to be angry, at least be angry about the right thing.

    -- Rod
    I'm ticked off with HP for many, many reasons. I feel abandoned. I feel like I have been pushed a side like trash. I feel the $200 dollars that I have spent buying apps from HP-Palm, is going to turn out to be a giant waste of money, seeing as Sprint and HP aren't going to offer us Sprint customers anymore WebOS devices. And the fact that HP is no longer going to let us access the Palm App & Palm Beta Store through Preware, ticks me off, because what will be next? Since HP doesn't seem to care about us as much as Palm did, then HP may keep changing things until one day when we won't even be able to use Patches and Mod's. I feel like HP is going to ruin everything Palm worked so hard to make. So I know why I am ticked off and I know who I am ticked off about. I don't want to write each issue out in this forum thread, because that will just take up a lot if space. Just please don't assume that I don't know why I am upset. We don't have to see eye-to-eye on everything. I just know I'm not the only one worried that HP is going to ruin everything that a lot of third-party developers like yourself, have worked so hard to create.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  10. #1490  
    Good Day.
    I am using a freshly doctored Sprint FrankenPre2. It was created yesterday and I was able to install internalz and a few other apps and patches. My phone restored almost every app I had ever downloaded including some I had deleted. This caused me to have the app database bug and reset profile.


    I am trying to install Internalz Pro via Preware but I receive this message for FileMGR


    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_2.0.3_all.ipk http://media.precentral.net/resource..._2.0.3_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403


    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance.
  11. #1491  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    Good Day.
    I am using a freshly doctored Sprint FrankenPre2. It was created yesterday and I was able to install internalz and a few other apps and patches. My phone restored almost every app I had ever downloaded including some I had deleted. This caused me to have the app database bug and reset profile.


    I am trying to install Internalz Pro via Preware but I receive this message for FileMGR


    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_2.0.3_all.ipk [url] 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403


    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance.
    Somebody else is having the same issue with another one of Jason's offerings. Here's his reply to that:

    http://forums.precentral.net/2993269-post35.html


    M.
  12. #1492  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Somebody else is having the same issue with another one of Jason's offerings. Here's his reply to that:

    http://forums.precentral.net/2993269-post35.html


    M.


    Can you post what forum this is in? I am interested in reading the whole thread. I installed via Preware and it is still not working for me.
  13. #1493  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    Can you post what forum this is in? I am interested in reading the whole thread. I installed via Preware and it is still not working for me.

    Sorry for the delay. It looks like you found it, though.

    For others, this page: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...1-0-2-a-2.html

    Starting at Post #34


    M.
  14. #1494  
    just recently....yesterday to be exact.....i oppened preware and it starts downloading...and said loading package information and then....error the service is not running. first try to restarting preware,or reboot your phone and try again. Ive rebooted several times and uninstalled preware and reinstalled....installed using stand alone installer....reinstalled novacom....did a luna restart....nothing seems to work! And i cant find any information on forums!
  15. #1495  
    Hello, first of all I would like to say Thank You for the great work with preware (donation is already made). I don't know if this is the right place for a feature request to preware or if the wish is already made:

    I am looking for a possibility to get a list of all installed apps and patches out of my device. I imagine it would be handy if one could send the "saved packet list" to an email-address, preferable sorted like the display in preware.

    This way, it would be easier to get an overview of all used patches in case of webos updates, doctor uses or error hunting.
  16. #1496  
    Sometimes the install after a working just type search hangs after download. Is this a known bug?

    Begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    6 79112 6 4960 0 0 1930 0 0:00:40 0:00:02 0:00:38 2413
    100 79112 100 79112 0 0 25407 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 31181
  17. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #1497  
    For the past couple of days Preware has offered me an update to Preware 1.6.8. Every time I try to update it says;

    Downloading / Updating
    Transferred: 326k / 326k
    Time Left: --:--:--
    Transfer Speed: 325k

    It never errors and just sits at this screen with the spinning circle. Last night I left it this way for several hours before closing the app. I am currently running Preware 1.6.6 on my webOS 2.1.0 Vzw Pre+. I have sent the IPKG Log to support@webos-internals.org.
    Last edited by noseph; 06/25/2011 at 06:22 AM.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  18. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #1498  
    Update - This morning I tried to update Preware, and it worked. I did not do anything to fix it, it just worked. Oh well, I guess it was that old PoM (Phase of the Moon) issue.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  19. #1499  
    I just tried to open Preware this morning on the TP and got the following after the feeds were updated and scanning of unknown packages:
    Code:
    Unable to open saved packages database:SECURITY_ERR:DOM Exception 18
    When I click Ok, the main Preware screen is displayed. I go to Saved Package List and it is empty. When I click Update, all of the apps appear on the list, and the notification message shows Wrote Saved Package List.

    If I close Preware and then reopen it, the error message occurs again and the apps list is gone again.

    I did a forum search and didn't find anything similar.

    Note that last night I did get the USB Mode issue so I'm not sure if that has something to do with this.

    EDIT: Sorry. Nevermind. I haven't installed Save/Restore yet on the Touchpad. I'm sure that has something to do with it, duh.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 07/04/2011 at 07:01 AM.
  20.    #1500  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    I just tried to open Preware this morning on the TP and got the following after the feeds were updated and scanning of unknown packages:
    Code:
    Unable to open saved packages database:SECURITY_ERR:DOM Exception 18
    When I click Ok, the main Preware screen is displayed. I go to Saved Package List and it is empty. When I click Update, all of the apps appear on the list, and the notification message shows Wrote Saved Package List.

    If I close Preware and then reopen it, the error message occurs again and the apps list is gone again.

    I did a forum search and didn't find anything similar.

    Note that last night I did get the USB Mode issue so I'm not sure if that has something to do with this.

    EDIT: Sorry. Nevermind. I haven't installed Save/Restore yet on the Touchpad. I'm sure that has something to do with it, duh.
    No, what you're seeing is a real error. I'm not sure of the cause yet. I have seen it myself, but don't have a repeatable cause yet.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions