Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What plugin are you referring to?

-- Rod
    +1

"Just Type to Install" from Preware worked ok first day, but not working more.
    How can I recover this functionality?
    I tried uninstall preware and reinstall using WOSQI, but it still does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Facepalm on that one. Thanks.

It happens, man.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgmoespinoza View Post
    +1

"Just Type to Install" from Preware worked ok first day, but not working more.
    How can I recover this functionality?
    I tried uninstall preware and reinstall using WOSQI, but it still does not work.
    I removed it from Just Type for a few days and when I added it back it worked fine. I don't know why, though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Rod,
    The Audiophile app dev created a feed for the testing versions, the stable releases are in the app cat.

I added the test feed to preware, and it correctly recognizes that there is an update, but then goes to the app cat to update it.

Is there a way around this so that test versions will get pulled from the test feed, and release versions will get pulled from the app cat?

Thanks.
  5.    #1465  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Rod,
    The Audiophile app dev created a feed for the testing versions, the stable releases are in the app cat.

I added the test feed to preware, and it correctly recognizes that there is an update, but then goes to the app cat to update it.

Is there a way around this so that test versions will get pulled from the test feed, and release versions will get pulled from the app cat?

Thanks.
    What version of Preware are you using?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    What version of Preware are you using?

-- Rod
    Sorry, should have included: 1.6.2
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I removed it from Just Type for a few days and when I added it back it worked fine. I don't know why, though.

Wow.
    Tip works for me too.
    Thanks.

UPDATE:
    But after a device reboot again does not work!
    Last edited by luisgmoespinoza; 06/06/2011 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgmoespinoza View Post
    Wow.
    Tip works for me too.
    Thanks.

UPDATE:
    But after a device reboot again does not work!
    Mine went away again too, but has since comeback. I don't know what's causing it, but mine's working now more often than not.

PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  9.    #1469  
    We need a consolidated detailed repeatable bug report to be able to do anything ...

-- Rod
    We need a consolidated detailed repeatable bug report to be able to do anything ...

-- Rod
    Rod:

In my case it was not complicated

I installed Preware 1.6.0 and Preware was displayed in Just Type options

I added Preware to list and it worked Ok
    I did a device reboot and Just Type did not seek with Preware anymore

Then I deleted Preware from Just Type list and I did a device reboot

I unistalled Preware and I installed Preware 1.6.2 and Preware was displayed in Just Type options again.

I added Preware to list and it worked Ok
    I did a device reboot and Just Type did not seek with Preware anymore

UPDATE:
    I deleted Preware from Just Type list and I did a device reboot
    I added Preware to list and it didnt worked yet!!!

May be it worked again when I reinstalled Preware.

UPDATE2:

I updated to Preware 1.6.4 and Preware Just Type to Install is working again!!

UPDATE3:
    Preware Just Type to Install didnt worked again!!!

UPDATE4:
    Disabling palm-feeds en Preware, Preware Just Type to Install is working again!!!
    Last edited by luisgmoespinoza; 06/08/2011 at 05:34 PM.
    Rod,

I have an IPK hosted on my server. Several people have tried to download/install it using Preware and get the following error. Can you tell me what it means?

-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.palm.app.permissions-reset_1.0.0_all.ipk http://www.hedami.com/com.palm.app.p..._1.0.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 406
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  12.    #1472  
    Are you able to download that URL from your browser?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Rod,

I have an IPK hosted on my server. Several people have tried to download/install it using Preware and get the following error. Can you tell me what it means?
    #######
    # EDIT #2:

I found this:
    Dev Shed Forums - View Single Post - 406 error using curl

and

406 Error (Not Acceptable) An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server

These are in reference to Apache, though.
    #######

Never mind. That link I pasted originally was in reference to some web app. The real 406 says:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

10.4.7 406 Not Acceptable

The resource identified by the request is only capable of generating response entities which have content characteristics not acceptable according to the accept headers sent in the request.

Unless it was a HEAD request, the response SHOULD include an entity containing a list of available entity characteristics and location(s) from which the user or user agent can choose the one most appropriate. The entity format is specified by the media type given in the Content-Type header field. Depending upon the format and the capabilities of the user agent, selection of the most appropriate choice MAY be performed automatically. However, this specification does not define any standard for such automatic selection.

Note: HTTP/1.1 servers are allowed to return responses which are
    not acceptable according to the accept headers sent in the
    request. In some cases, this may even be preferable to sending a
    406 response. User agents are encouraged to inspect the headers of
    an incoming response to determine if it is acceptable.

If the response could be unacceptable, a user agent SHOULD temporarily stop receipt of more data and query the user for a decision on further actions.
    Sorry about that...

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 06/10/2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Are you able to download that URL from your browser?

-- Rod
    Yes, you can try it yourself. It downloads fine. Plus I can open up the resulting IPK package and the contents are fine.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Yes, you can try it yourself. It downloads fine. Plus I can open up the resulting IPK package and the contents are fine.
    Rod's asleep so I decided to play. You'll see a LOT of errors in your server's logs...

wget of course worked fine the first try. I did manage to get curl to work. It's curl's UserAgent that's bonking it. I don't know exactly why, yet.

What works (the "-A" allows you to specify a custom UserAgent):

Code:
    me@aragorn ~ $ curl --verbose -A "HI DAN\!" http://www.hedami.com/com.palm.app.permissions-reset_1.0.0_all.ipk -o groovy.ipk
    * About to connect() to www.hedami.com port 80 (#0)
    *   Trying 69.174.52.42...   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                     Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
      0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0connected
    * Connected to www.hedami.com (69.174.52.42) port 80 (#0)
    > GET /com.palm.app.permissions-reset_1.0.0_all.ipk HTTP/1.1
    > User-Agent: HI DAN\!
    > Host: www.hedami.com
    > Accept: */*
    > 
    < HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    < Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:38:16 GMT
    < Server: Apache
    < Last-Modified: Thu, 26 May 2011 23:30:20 GMT
    < Accept-Ranges: bytes
    < Content-Length: 14940
    < Content-Type: application/vnd.shana.informed.package
    < 
    { [data not shown]
    100 14940  100 14940    0     0   166k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  291k* Connection #0 to host www.hedami.com left intact

* Closing connection #0
    One that fails (so you can see curls default UserAgent):

Code:
    me@aragorn ~ $ curl --verbose  http://www.hedami.com/com.palm.app.permissions-reset_1.0.0_all.ipk
    * About to connect() to www.hedami.com port 80 (#0)
    *   Trying 69.174.52.42... connected
    * Connected to www.hedami.com (69.174.52.42) port 80 (#0)
    > GET /com.palm.app.permissions-reset_1.0.0_all.ipk HTTP/1.1
    > User-Agent: curl/7.21.4 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.21.4 GnuTLS/2.10.5 zlib/1.2.5 libidn/1.20
    > Host: www.hedami.com
    > Accept: */*
    > 
    < HTTP/1.1 406 Not Acceptable
    < Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:40:26 GMT
    < Server: Apache
    < Content-Length: 414
    < Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
    I guess you can either change the Server (if you have access) to change/omit/etc. the mod_security rule, or, something would indeed have to get changed in Preware.

#######
    EDIT:

The files (one with wget and one with the modified curl) do indeed appear to be identical:

Code:
    me@aragorn ~ $ md5sum *.ipk
    974b151b6abf231c46cabb71a37b4023  com.palm.app.permissions-reset_1.0.0_all.ipk
    974b151b6abf231c46cabb71a37b4023  groovy.ipk
    #######

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 06/10/2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I guess you can either change the Server (if you have access) to change/omit/etc. the mod_security rule, or, something would indeed have to get changed in Preware.
    Can you tell me exactly how I would make this "mod_security" rule change? I'm using the cpanel utility on my server to upload the file.

Can you tell me exactly how I would make this "mod_security" rule change? I'm using the cpanel utility on my server to upload the file.
    #######
    EDIT:

I just found this:

If you’re using Apache web server (which mostly do), mod_security can be disabled by adding a specific in .htaccess file. Locate the .htaccess file in Apache web root directory (public_html or /var/www/ or others), if it does not exist, create a new file named .htaccess, and add in the following code:

SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off

The above entries in the .htaccess will disable the ModSecurity (mod_security) module for the domain.
    That looks a LOT quicker and cleaner!
    #######

Not having a cPanel install handy, I'm flying a bit blind, but I found this page:

What is Mod_Security (on cPanel server)?

That shows the mod_security as a Server Addon Module checkbox.

It also mentions a file "
    modsec.user.conf”" that will be in your Apache config dir (different from distro to distro...) that controls the module. However, in your main apache config file (usually httpd.conf), is where the modules get loaded. You cn just comment it out and restart (or reload) the server.

Code:
    # The following modules are considered as the default configuration.
    # If you wish to disable one of them, you may have to alter other
    # configuration directives.
    #
    # Change these at your own risk!

LoadModule actions_module modules/mod_actions.so
    LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
    LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
    LoadModule authn_alias_module modules/mod_authn_alias.so
    LoadModule authn_anon_module modules/mod_authn_anon.so
    LoadModule authn_dbm_module modules/mod_authn_dbm.so
    LoadModule authn_default_module modules/mod_authn_default.so
    Etc. I don't have that module compiled into my Apache install, so I don't have the exact line you're looking for. You can just put a # before the line that's loading mod_security.

This is the best I got for you right this moment. If I find something better, I'll let you know.

M.
    [Feature Request]

Having doctored many times, and having changed devices, I have an idea to simply the process of restoring previously installed homebrew apps and patches after a doctor...

This is what I have been doing in the past:
    Backup (before doctor)
    1. create a Saved Package List in Preware.
    2. run Save/Restore to save the Saved Package List data from Preware to the USB partition.
    (remember to do these two steps regularly)
    Restore (after doctor)
    3. install Preware.
    4. install Save/Restore.
    5. restore Preware's Saved Package List info with Save/Restore.
    6. run Preware and begin installing my previously installed homebrew apps and patches.

Would it be possible to do all of this within Preware, and possibly automate it?

1. Have the Saved Package List data saved directly to the USB partition.
    2. Allow for multiple Saved Package Lists.
    3. Allow for loading a Saved Package List from the USB drive.
    4. Option for automatic saving of a Saved Package List upon exiting Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    I added this to my .htaccess file and it caused my whole website to fail to load.

Rod, when you get a chance, can you let me know possible causes of a 406 error when trying to install an IPK from a url (specifically the one I listed in my message above). I can download the IPK directly from a browser, but it gives the 406 error when using Preware.

I added this to my .htaccess file and it caused my whole website to fail to load.

Rod, when you get a chance, can you let me know possible causes of a 406 error when trying to install an IPK from a url (specifically the one I listed in my message above). I can download the IPK directly from a browser, but it gives the 406 error when using Preware.
    I moved my file to dropbox and that's working. But if you're curious about the error I was receiving, you can test with the file (link in my original post).