Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The feeds are passed up from the service to the app in 4Kb chunks. If there is a parse error in a chunk, the rest of the chunk may be ignored.

It would be great if someone could correlate all these parse errors to the descriptions for those apps in the Packages files for the feed, and work out what is causing the parse errors ...

-- Rod
    I've found something (I think...). The wIRC (for example) packages' descriptions aren't being built right. Here's a snipet:

...ugfixes and beta SSL support. <br> SCREENSHOTS = [ "http://www.webos-interna...
    Shouldn't that be:

...ugfixes and beta SSL support.", "Screenshots":[ "http://www.webos-interna...
    ?

Is it getting thrown off somewhere by finding an "array" inside "normal" HTML (first example)? Obviously these are just small sections for example and not cut off in the actual Packages file.

Also, the first one that throws an error is SDL Terminal. Its Screenshots section is OK, but has empty Category and LastUpdated sections:

...TRL + [A-Z]</p>", "Category":"", "Screenshots":["http://media.pre...
    ...erminal", "LastUpdated":"", "Icon":"http://medi...
    I don't know if any of this means anything or not, 'tis just odd things I'm sitting here seeing, but feces rolls down hill...

M.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there is a way from the command line to get Preware to save the package list?? My screen died today. The phone is still running. I can call it and I can get shell access. SaveRestore runs nightly. But I want to kick Preware into updating its saved package list so I have a more complete restore on the replacement.

Thanks

Dave
  3.    #1403  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way from the command line to get Preware to save the package list??
    There is not.

You can run "ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed" on the command line to get a list of installed apps in text form.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi!

I've used meta-doctor to make a custom 2.1.0 install on my -brand new- Pre2 (unlocked wr) because I need wifi connection on when logging in my palm profile (simyo 3G is not in its DB). Everything went smooth, no errors nor problems.

It has took a while because it installs >120 programs, and after that I've noticed the preware icon was showing different -photo attached-. Clicking on it opened the installed packages list -and Preware was not in there-.

I've followed the instructions "Installing Preware from the Commandline" from the App:Preware site successfully, and the correct icon was shown without reboot. I've been able to start and use Preware...

But after rebooting it reverts back to what's shown on the attached image. Now the instructions mentioned above don't work any more -nor WebOSQuickInstall-.

Any idea? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #1405  
    The auto-install fails for some people, we don't know why. That's why it has been removed from the meta-scripts.

You can try and remove the installHistory.db and reboot and reinstall Preware.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I don't know if it's a Preware problem or not. Suddenly all things installed seem to be missing from Preware. I get "Installed Packages" 1, which is the App Catalog and nothing else. However everything I have installed seems to be working (Advanced patches, preware applications etc.). It's just like they do not appear in Preware. If I find them in Preware I have the option to install them (and not remove them) and during installation I get the "Interestingly, the patch seems to already be applied", after which I can see the patch in Preware.
    This happened after uninstalling the behabior and options patch for Tweaks and after installing the adblocker.
    Does this ring a bell to anyone? Is there a solution other than "installing" again all the things I had before (the thing is I won't remember all of them) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I don't know if it's a Preware problem or not. Suddenly all things installed seem to be missing from Preware.
    Available Other --> Linux Application --> Utilities --> Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

M.
    The auto-install fails for some people, we don't know why. That's why it has been removed from the meta-scripts.

You can try and remove the installHistory.db and reboot and reinstall Preware.
    Done with no luck; the problem is still there after reboot.

The file I've deleted is:
    /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/installHistory.db

I'll try to find time to create the new doctor, then redoctor the Pre2.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Available Other --> Linux Application --> Utilities --> Emergency Reconstruction Utility.
    I've installed it (*), then rebooted the Pre2... still no joy, the wrong Preware icon is still there (and nothing changes if I install it again).

Thanks anyway, I'll doctor again as soon as I've got some spare time (with install preware = 0 of course)

(*) http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._1.0.0_all.ipk
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post

M.
    Just installed it and it worked perfectly.
    Many thanks.
    Last edited by Loiter; 05/06/2011 at 04:13 AM.
    Hi again!

I finally solved it:

1. I installed preware running "sh preware-bootstrap" in novaterm,
    2. I could then run Preware,
    3. I uninstalled Preware from Preware itself,
    4. rebooted,
    5. I installed preware again running "sh preware-bootstrap" (despite it was complaining about Preware still being installed)
    6. rebooted to check wether it still was working... and now it does.

Hope the above helps

Thanks!
    Hi all, Is there a keyboard shortcut to activate the buttons in preware? I have 1/4 screen not responding. Is Preware also able to rotate? Thanks in advance.
    I followed the directions on the PreCentral page for backing up and restoring.

My Preware is stuck on Downloading/Uploading 47748/47748 Time Left: --:--:-- Transfer speed: 143k

I've restarted PreWare and I still get the same thing.

What did I do wrong?
  14.    #1414  
    Quote Originally Posted by JM8753 View Post
    Hi all, Is there a keyboard shortcut to activate the buttons in preware?
    There is not.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I just recently doctored my Pre minus to 2.0.1 and I noticed that when I enable the App Catalog feeds, Preware gets stuck in the "Complete!" screen and never comes out to display the list of items it has found. Under 1.4.5 that worked without any issues.
    Is there a problem with the feed over thel ast few days or is it Preware?
    Maybe I am doing something wrong...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Vas
  16.    #1416  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I just recently doctored my Pre minus to 2.0.1 and I noticed that when I enable the App Catalog feeds, Preware gets stuck in the "Complete!" screen and never comes out to display the list of items it has found.
    What errors are reported in the logs by Lumberjack ?

-- Rod
    What errors are reported in the logs by Lumberjack ?

-- Rod
    I originally thought that the offending feed is the PreThemer (there were some errors there). I disabled that and Preware works fine with the App Catalog feed. However when I try to do another feed load I get the following:

[2011-05-17 10:46:10] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.georgo.org.precaching): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Location and Travel", "Title": "Geocaching for webOS", "Icon": "http://media.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/010/778/stringio.txt", "LastUpdated": "1289433600", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/geocaching-webos-3", "License": "GPL v2 Open Source", "FullDescription": "<p>This is webOS client for Geocaching. Browse nearby caches, view cache details, logs, images, navigate to them. Also have plugin to work with Geocaching.com and Go4Cache.com sharing service.</p> <p><small>Also available in Palm's App Catalog.</small></p> <!--break--> <p><strong>What's new in 0.4.6</strong></p> <ul> <li><strong>Post cache log directly to Geocaching.com</strong></li> <li><strong>Post trackables log directly to Geocaching.com</strong></li> <li>Editable <em>minimum GPS accuracy</em> for compass</li> <li>Create <em>new waypoints from cache

Looks like there is some wrong html tags in the app's info feed?

Also when I do an app update (app is Whendle) I get the following:
    [2011-05-17 09:59:13] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [packageModel#doUpdate], (TypeError): "Object false has no method 'replace'"

In the past Preware used to launch the App Catalog to update an app. Is there a configuration I can switch on/off for this, or is it all handled internally now?

Cheers
    Vas
  18.    #1418  
    Are you using the latest Preware from the testing feed?

-- Rod
    Are you using the latest Preware from the testing feed?

-- Rod
    Hi Rod

I'm using 1.5.8. That is the latest version I believe right?
    I installed it using WebOS QI but I also just added the testing-all feed and no newer version has popped up.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

thanks
    Vas
  20.    #1420  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Hi Rod

I'm using 1.5.8. That is the latest version I believe right?
    I installed it using WebOS QI but I also just added the testing-all feed and no newer version has popped up.
    You need to re-read the testing feeds wiki page and follow it precisely. Latest testing version is 1.5.9

-- Rod