Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    This still seems to be the problem. I've included a small clip from the end of the logs during Preware loading with all feeds turned on, as this only happens when I have Palm feeds active. As I stated, the full log is 32 pages long, filled with the same type of information as you'll see in the ZumoDrive section of this log, but for seemingly every app in the catalog.

[2011-04-20 15:42:20] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: org.webosinternals.preware: Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.zumodrive.zumopre): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Productivity & Utilities", "Title": "ZumoDrive", "Icon": "http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/public/2140/icon/icon_0_5_8.png", "LastUpdated": "1283915453", "Homepage": "http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.zumodrive.zumopre", "FullDescription": "Update - Bug fixes: - Music Playlist now supported - Uploading files now performed in the background. SUPERSIZE your phone so you can bring all ALL your iTunes music and playlists with you everywhere. Bring along your photos, documents and other files too, no matter how much stuff you have. Get 2GBs for FREE when you install ZumoDrive on your computer and complete the Dojo. ZumoDrive makes everything on your PC or Mac available to you on your phone after installing ZumoDrive on your computer. Then you can: * Stream your entire music library. *
    [2011-04-20 15:42:26] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $timeout$ $detected$
    [2011-04-20 15:42:26] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $execution$ $terminated$
    [2011-04-20 15:42:26] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: org.webosinternals.preware: null, :0
    [2011-04-20 15:42:26] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.systemui: SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 86, "bars": 4, "maxBars": 5, "cdma": {"rssiEvdo": 87, "bars1x": 4, "barsEvdo": 4}, "value": 4, "value1x": 4, "valueEvdo": 4}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework298:14

i get a bunch of those type errors when preware loads as well. But my problem is not being able to install certain things like tweaks or systools or file mgr through preware although i can install them through quick install. even after a fresh dr. and knowing that someone else using the same build as me of 2.1 on a sprint pre- has no problems.
    Anyone else having the problem of Preware attempting to download 'app catalog' apps itself, instead of opening the 'app catalog' app and then getting stuck with the spinny thing spinning until Preware is closed?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    i was having that problem with sports live when the update was first pushed through. ended up having to update through software manager so preware wouldnt pick it up. it was also one of the apps that had an error when loading in the lumberjack log.
    So it is confirmed my friend who is using the same 2.1 build as me and is able to install say internalz which includes filemgr and is up and running. could there be something wrong with my harddrive that is not allowing these services to be added correctly. like formatting it or something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Anyone else having the problem of Preware attempting to download 'app catalog' apps itself, instead of opening the 'app catalog' app and then getting stuck with the spinny thing spinning until Preware is closed?
    I have the same problem. Sprint pre- 2.1.0 with preware 1.5.8. It'll load the beta catalog correctly for updates, but the regular app cat does not load and I get the spinning circle when i try to update. I can update the apps just fine through software manager.
    EDIT 2:

I have narrowed this down. With the testing feeds *NOT* enabled, Preware will check patch dependencies (lsdiff and gnupatch in this case). If I enable testing feeds, Preware will NOT pull in lsdiff and gnupatch. My testing feeds:
    root@My Pre:/media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg# cat *test*
    src/gz webosinternals Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/
    src/gz webosinternals-armv7 Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/
    src/gz webos-kernels-testing Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/2.1.0/

root@My Pre:/media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg# ls | grep test
    webos-internals-testing.conf.disabled
    webos-kernels-testing.conf.disabled
    This is 100% reproducable (on my device...).
    (With no patches installed, and fresh RE-doctor)

• Enable testing feeds. (let it update)
    • Install a patch.
    • It will not pull in lsdiff and gnupatch.

~~~~~~~
    (same device, same clean doctor, not even a reboot)
    • Disable Testing Feeds (let it update)
    • Install patch
    • lsdiff and gnupatch are pulled in.

I've done this a few times now while typing this so I wouldn't have to back-pedal when you tell me I'm crazy...

~~~~~~~

Rod/oil

I am able to reproduce the issue with dependencies not be hono(u)red with a fresh Preware install, after a fresh Doctor, that I reported a month or so ago.

I have just re-doctored my Pre- to webOS2.1 and cannot install patches.

I am selecting a patch that is indeed not a -0 patch: Advanced Options in Launcher

The log is attached. You see that it exists with a status of 1 so the patch (any of them) did NOT install even though the Preware GUI says everything was fine and tells me to re-start Luna. "patch" and "diff" are installed (though I don't see either in Preware like I should be able to):

Quote Originally Posted by ash
    root@My Pre:/etc/palm# which diff
    /usr/bin/diff
    root@My Pre:/etc/palm# which patch
    /usr/bin/patch
    Though this seems odd:

root@My Pre:/etc/palm# ls -l /usr/bin/diff
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 21 07:46 /usr/bin/diff -> ../../bin/busybox
    root@My Pre:/etc/palm# ls -l /usr/bin/patch
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 21 07:46 /usr/bin/patch -> ../../bin/busybox

I used the bootstrap script to install Preware. Yes, the testing feeds are enabled as well (though this patch is in stable). I am able to install apps/kernel just fine.

root@My Pre:/sys# uname -a
    Linux My Pre 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 #2 Sun Apr 17 08:23:04 HST 2011 armv7l GNU/Linux
    root@My Pre:/sys# cat ./devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq

Ideas?

PrewareBoom.txt

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by preware
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    47 11442 47 5467 0 0 5725 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 8410
    100 11442 100 11442 0 0 11437 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 16463
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-options-in-launcher
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL" }
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 04/21/2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    nice post guys....Thanks for informations.
    "Welcome In My World and Smille"
    i actually had an idea as to what could be causeing my preware issues after a fresh install. all that i had done was to add save/restore so i could get my feeds back. well i uninstalled preware. deleted all of my preware save/restore files and any developer preware folder stuff in internals and then restarted. installed preware through quick install and tried to install internalz again. services loaded fine and it worked first shot. so apparently something was corrupted somewhere in my save restore which caused all of my preware issues. so i am good to go :-)
  9.    #1389  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    EDIT 2:

I have narrowed this down. With the testing feeds *NOT* enabled, Preware will check patch dependencies (lsdiff and gnupatch in this case). If I enable testing feeds, Preware will NOT pull in lsdiff and gnupatch. My testing feeds:

src/gz webosinternals http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...s/testing/all/
    src/gz webosinternals-armv7 http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/armv7/
    Your testing feeds are incorrect - fix them and your problem will disappear.

Hint: the problem is not the URL.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/21/2011 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Your testing feeds are incorrect - fix them and your problem will disappear.

Hint: the problem is not the URL.

-- Rod

Thank you...

M.
    I've been having issues with installing a certain patch through Preware: Send all contacts via email. I used to have it installed, but then I ran Emergency Patch Recovery (for some reason I can't recall right now) and tried to install it again. It wouldn't install, even though I was only installing that one patch. I'm running webOS 1.4.5 on a VZW Pre Plus, Preware 1.5.8. I don't remember what Preware version I was running when I ran Emergency Patch Recovery, but it was a few versions ago.

Here's my current IPKG log:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    100 11616 100 11616 0 0 7438 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 28610
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":10, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":10 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":10 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":10 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":10 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":10 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

I ran lumberjack while starting up Preware and these are the two logs:

[2011-04-22 05:52:28] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [exception during animation], (TypeError): "Cannot read property 'width' of undefined"

[2011-04-22 05:52:28] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [exception during animation], (TypeError): "Cannot read property 'width' of undefined"

Any suggestions? What other information do I need to include?
    Can we please get an official response on this issue? Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  13.    #1393  
    Can we please get an official response on this issue? Thanks.
    Yes, I'm still waiting for a sufficient problem report.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Preware Spin Of Death when trying to open the App Catalog for an update:

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack
    [2011-05-03 10:37:37] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [packageModel#doUpdate], (TypeError): "Object false has no method 'replace'"
    That's all it says. Not even a line number.

M.
  15.    #1395  
    Preware Spin Of Death when trying to open the App Catalog for an update:

That's all it says. Not even a line number.

M.
    Which app was it updating, and was there a parse error for that app when the feeds were loading?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Which app was it updating, and was there a parse error for that app when the feeds were loading?

-- Rod
    Attached is the FULL log. Yes, there were parse errors. Not with "PhotoFunia" which is what I was updating. The parse errors are from Homebrew Apps (Which I have all installed except the wIRC ones).

full_log.txt

M.
  17.    #1397  
    Attached is the FULL log. Yes, there were parse errors. Not with "PhotoFunia" which is what I was updating. The parse errors are from Homebrew Apps (Which I have all installed except the wIRC ones).

full_log.txt

M.
    The feeds are passed up from the service to the app in 4Kb chunks. If there is a parse error in a chunk, the rest of the chunk may be ignored.

It would be great if someone could correlate all these parse errors to the descriptions for those apps in the Packages files for the feed, and work out what is causing the parse errors ...

-- Rod
    Any idea how long it usually takes to install Preware from WOSQI? It's been quite awhile since I've done this last, I had to go back to 1.4.5 yesterday from 2.1. It seems like it's taking forever, it connected almost right away, but the wheels just keep on spinning and spinning and spinning....
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  19.    #1399  
    When I use palm-install from the official Palm SDK, it takes less than 10 seconds. I can't imagine WOSQI taking much longer.

-- Rod
    That's kind of what I thought, I've stopped and restarted the process a few times now, it connects, the starts the install, then spins...

Maybe I'll try ejecting and reconnecting everything again.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel