Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Reproduced the bug using the command line method on my Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlepore View Post
    did everything short of dring the phone. Weather windows back to norm. Luna instals fine but call duration in call log has a dependancy on package mgr service.

I also verified the test and that the call terminates a tonne of processes when looking at jstop. I believe that is the source of a magority of our woes, with patches and programs.
    glad you found the issue with the OS...
    That dependency is incorrect. Thanks for reporting it.
    Reproduced steps 1-20 on Sprint 1.4.1.1 Pre.

It's been like this since v1.4 for me..missed quite a few phone calls in the first couple weeks after updating way back then, before I made the connection with Preware & started looking at jstop. Super-glad to finally get at least some kind of explanation of what's going on -- eg, that it's not Preware that changed.
    Preware said that there's an update for luna manager - when I try to update it, a notification will pop up saying that there is another package needed to be installed.. And the other package is package manager service..

I was surprised, I thougt I had it already when I installed preware.. band now preware seem to be stuck on downloading/installing the package since.. It's been downloading for more than 30 mins.. So have any idea how I can fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Preware said that there's an update for luna manager - when I try to update it, a notification will pop up saying that there is another package needed to be installed.. And the other package is package manager service..

I was surprised, I thougt I had it already when I installed preware.. band now preware seem to be stuck on downloading/installing the package since.. It's been downloading for more than 30 mins.. So have any idea how I can fix it?
    See this link:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2450029

You need to uninstall luna manager, update your feeds and reinstall.
    Seeing as I'm getting more into the webOS platform and the mention of JsTop here I figured I would look into it as I have been wanting to monitor other things. Anyways is there documentation for the app? I assume the bar with the MB amount in it is the amount of RAM used but the rest of the info I'm clueless about including what each of the menu items do or their purposes.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Hey!

Where is the actual file for the Saved Package List? I'd like to be able to make a copy Just In Case(tm).

Thanks!

M.
    Sometimes when I have jstop open the phone "service" is not running so it is a pretty big issue. Maybe a patch or a background program/service that will check and relaunch them if it finds they are not running?
    Reproduced steps 1-20 on Sprint pre WebOS 1.4.1.1.
    When I try to do package updates in Preware, I am getting an error message, it says
    Error updating: See IPKG log.
    I restarted the phone a few times but that hasn't helped.
    Any ideas?.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Trying to update Luna Manager and it keeps trying to update Package Manager service as part of the update.
    And then it goes forever and never finishes.

I thought that there was no more pkg manager service- that it was built into Preware now?! No?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Seeing as I'm getting more into the webOS platform and the mention of JsTop here I figured I would look into it as I have been wanting to monitor other things. Anyways is there documentation for the app? I assume the bar with the MB amount in it is the amount of RAM used but the rest of the info I'm clueless about including what each of the menu items do or their purposes.
    The wiki page has some good info: Application:JsTop - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Hey!

Where is the actual file for the Saved Package List? I'd like to be able to make a copy Just In Case(tm).

Thanks!

M.
    Install Save/Resotre. It handles saving the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Trying to update Luna Manager and it keeps trying to update Package Manager service as part of the update.
    And then it goes forever and never finishes.

I thought that there was no more pkg manager service- that it was built into Preware now?! No?
    It is. Follow these directions: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2450029
    If you tap "See IPKG" log what does that report? What are you trying to update? What WebOS version are you running? What Preware version are you running?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Install Save/Restore. It handles saving the list.
    I don't want to install that because I have no immediate need of what it offers (which is not what I'm asking about anyway). Save/Restore saves settings, and game saves and what-not. That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the actual FILE that should contain ONLY my currently installed apps that Preware thinks I have installed. I want the file because then I can write some scripts to do a couple things I want to do (and don't want to manually create it since clearly the file is already there).

M.
    Well, You said you'd like to make a copy of it... Which is exactly what save/restore does for that list... Copies it to the usb partition.

But, The actual "list" is a sqlite database. And is on the pre where all the other sqlite databases that apps create are located.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Well, You said you'd like to make a copy of it... Which is exactly what save/restore does for that list... Copies it to the usb partition.

But, The actual "list" is a sqlite database. And is on the pre where all the other sqlite databases that apps create are located.
    (I could've/should've worded my post better now that I re-read it. Sorry about that oil!)

In a DB file? So there's no simple flat file with just a list of currently installed packages?

Bummer. That'll make scripting install/uninstall routines considerably more of a pain than I thought (or think it should be). O-Well.

All I'm trying to do is write one simple little script to run down a flat file list of everything installed *including* Palm Catalog apps, and uninstall them. With that same flat file list, re-install them. There's EPR which pulls out patches. Then I'd have to pull out Homebrew Apps individually, then the Palm Catalog apps individually. Unless I'm missing something, I see no way to plow down the entire flat list and yank it all out.

No, I don't want to take my phone to the Doctor because apps automatically install when I get back in. I want to get everything off my phone, manually clean up all the cruft left behind so I can start fresh. Like *fresh* fresh since The Doctor doesn't really do that either. I still have junk sitting around from me messing with it when I first got it back in October (and I've Doctored my Pre at least 10 times since then - not including all the WebOS updates in that time).

Thank you for the info, oil!

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 05/14/2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Fix typos.
    I believe you can use ipkg to get the list of installed packages and you should be able to easily parse that to create a script that will invoke ipkg to re-install them provided you have the .ipk files available. I don't know if the .ipk files are stored on the Pre by Preware and the normal app installer.

The command would be something like this:

Code:
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed
    Reproduced steps 1 to 20 and command line.

GSM Pre Movistar, webos 1.4.1 with uber kernel 1.4.1-21
    Hello, I would like to state how wonderful this site is when it comes down to the vast amount knowledge you can do with these phones and OS. I have always craved more info about my phone, this site has never let me down when it comes to that.

Recently I was told I had a virus on my phone (yes the myth is true, The palm pre can get a virus). So I went ahead and downloaded the latest and greatest WeOSDoctor and Installer. No problem on the reset and and I can install ipkg patches and packages though the installer. So I restarted the phone after the all the installs were done to prepare for the motherload of homebrew: Preware. Install went without a hitch and as I open the app it begins to load just fine.

Now the problem section:
    After about 4 or 6 seconds when it loads it begins to come with error msgs. Before I can OK the last the main pops up with this error msg.
    Preware
    Unable to run command:/bin/mkdir -p
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cach
    e 2>&1
    mkdir:cannot create directory
    '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cach
    e': Read-only file system
    Then the OK button

Once I hit OK it gives ame a long list of all the errors it ran into, but it doesn't stay up long enough for me to write any of it down. After that it is preety random what preware does as far as for showing info about the install packages all ready. It never shows the updates or as I would put it "Run like its suppose to" I know about the restart, uninstall and reinstall problems, been there done that. I even tired to update the feed list, Managed the feeds list. What's funny is that whenever I turn off a feed like palm catalog or any other it resets it back to default when I open it back up. My preference menu stays the same. Just the feed menu resets back to default automatically when I swipe to close that menu and reopen it to check if its retain the settings. Even after updating the feeds, it still doesn't work. I have did the Luna Manager up and down yet no answer. Like I said I have uninstalled and reinstalled this thing to near death.

When I look at the version of Preware I have v1.0.0. I have replaced all the links and files on my computer relating to the Installer and Doctor. I even re-downloaded the preware installer v.0.9 to reinstall that way but it keeps giving me the error msg about an package issue. It doesn't say. I've done all the simple things you can do the make sure it wasn't something simple as to turn this feature on to allow this.

My Pre feels naked without this and its making me feel bad. Can some one help me with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmypre View Post
    I believe you can use ipkg to get the list of installed packages and you should be able to easily parse that to create a script that will invoke ipkg to re-install them provided you have the .ipk files available. I don't know if the .ipk files are stored on the Pre by Preware and the normal app installer.

The command would be something like this:

Code:
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed

A little cleaner output would be:

Code:
     ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed | cut -d' ' -f-1
    (cuts it down to just the package name with no descriptions, etc.)

But then there's the normal "-o /" and ipk-opt, and the few other places that (back seven or so months ago) all the hacks were done for working around the app space limit (before Palm started using /media/cryptofs for the default install location) so I think I have some apps that think they are in /opt (which is really a "bind" of /var/opt) but I think there's some packages that really do think they are in /opt and not in /var/opt, but the $PATH was changed so it they wouldn't notice. There's a few other things along these lines, but I think I've already gotten my point across. :-)

That's where I'm going with this. I would like Preware's list in a flat file of everything it thinks is installed because I can't find the $ROOT everything in its list. If I can get its list, yank all that out, then I'm left with other old cruft from the old way(s) of doing a lot of these Cool Hacks.

No, Doctoring the phone doesn't get rid of stuff like that. It only overwrites stuff. :-\ It won't totally re-write the files system, even if you do the boot-to-USB mode and do it that way.

The only other way I can think to start as fresh as possible is to "drop" my phone under my front tire before pulling out of the driveway for work that day (and just-so-happened to have made a backup the night before) and go to the Sprint store and get another one...

M.
Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast