Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    ok I got it I tried all the time in usb mode and it didn't go so I tried in normal mode and went through
    what about a category "whats new" like in the app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post

Change the default sort order to "Last Updated" and the new stuff will be at the top of the list.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    how do I change it?
    I am having a problem with certain apps showing up in the Package Update category, such as UberAppCat, GoAruna Files, GPS Info, etc. When I tap on the app, then on the Preware Update button to update them, they appear to be trying to download the updated app directly inside Preware, instead of what normally happens, which is for the App Catalog to load with that app showing that an update is available, then downloading and installing the update from the App Catalog. The result is that the spinny thing keeps spinning until I close Preware, and nothing gets updated.

Anyone else having this problem?
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I've seen this lately, as well. I've just been leaving palm feeds off in Preware due to so many issues. (Mostly spinning circle when Preware finishes loading feeds.)
  7.    #1367  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I've seen this lately, as well. I've just been leaving palm feeds off in Preware due to so many issues. (Mostly spinning circle when Preware finishes loading feeds.)
    Please post the Lumberjack log so we can diagnose your issue. It is not shared by thousands of others.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #1368  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I am having a problem with certain apps showing up in the Package Update category, such as UberAppCat, GoAruna Files, GPS Info, etc. When I tap on the app, then on the Preware Update button to update them, they appear to be trying to download the updated app directly inside Preware, instead of what normally happens, which is for the App Catalog to load with that app showing that an update is available, then downloading and installing the update from the App Catalog. The result is that the spinny thing keeps spinning until I close Preware, and nothing gets updated.

Are you running Preware 1.5.8 ?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you running Preware 1.5.8 ?

-- Rod
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post

I have the same the problem. I received my replacement AT&T Pre + today and I immediately docotored it to webOS 2.1.0 before logging in with my main 'Palm profile'. By the way, I was using my profile on a Pre 2 with webOS 2.1.0 before logging the profile on the Pre + today. After using save/restore to restore the Preware settings I went to the 'Saved Package List' and I selected the option to 'Install all'. Instead of installing any apps, all I ended up with was the spinny thing spinning until I closed Preware manually. I then restarted Preware and again opened the 'Saved package list', but this time I tried to install only a single app, but still no luck and I ended up with the spinny thing spinning on forever until I closed Preware manually. Preware now seems to want to install even applications from the catalog itself, unlike earlier where it used to open the App catalog. Also, after a few restart attempts I noticed that my 'Saved package list' had gotten awfullly shorter and a whole lot of listed apps were missing from the list. I then restored the Preware settings from save/restore and the list was back. All this is with Preware v1.5.8.

PS: Although this might be totally unrelated, after doctoring, when I logged in to the phone with my Palm profile, all my call logs, text messages, account information etc. was restored via Palm backup, but for some reason not a single application was restored.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Please post the Lumberjack log so we can diagnose your issue. It is not shared by thousands of others.

-- Rod
    The Lumberjack log is 32 8.5" x 11" pages long.
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I have encountered this issue on a constant basis now. Not one Preware load will give me a list of Available Applications - ALL without locking up. (Unless I disable the Palm Catalog feed.)

The Lumberjack log for Preware doesn't show anything unusual - just those same four errors regarding those same four packages, which I got even when Preware didn't lock up. When I set Lumberjack to "Everything", I get two JSJSJS $warnings$ $when$ $attempting$ $to$ $load$ &$quot$;$Available$ $Applications$ - $ALL$&$quot$;.

[2011-03-21 20:02:18] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $timeout$ $detected$

[2011-03-21 20:02:18] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $execution$ $terminated$
    This still seems to be the problem. I've included a small clip from the end of the logs during Preware loading with all feeds turned on, as this only happens when I have Palm feeds active. As I stated, the full log is 32 pages long, filled with the same type of information as you'll see in the ZumoDrive section of this log, but for seemingly every app in the catalog.

[2011-04-20 15:42:20] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: org.webosinternals.preware: Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.zumodrive.zumopre): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Productivity & Utilities", "Title": "ZumoDrive", "Icon": "http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/public/2140/icon/icon_0_5_8.png", "LastUpdated": "1283915453", "Homepage": "http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.zumodrive.zumopre", "FullDescription": "Update - Bug fixes: - Music Playlist now supported - Uploading files now performed in the background. SUPERSIZE your phone so you can bring all ALL your iTunes music and playlists with you everywhere. Bring along your photos, documents and other files too, no matter how much stuff you have. Get 2GBs for FREE when you install ZumoDrive on your computer and complete the Dojo. ZumoDrive makes everything on your PC or Mac available to you on your phone after installing ZumoDrive on your computer. Then you can: * Stream your entire music library. *
    [2011-04-20 15:42:26] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $timeout$ $detected$
    [2011-04-20 15:42:26] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $execution$ $terminated$
    [2011-04-20 15:42:26] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: org.webosinternals.preware: null, :0
    [2011-04-20 15:42:26] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.systemui: SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 86, "bars": 4, "maxBars": 5, "cdma": {"rssiEvdo": 87, "bars1x": 4, "barsEvdo": 4}, "value": 4, "value1x": 4, "valueEvdo": 4}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework298:14
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Your jsjsjs $timeout$ $problem$ $in$ $Available$ $Applications$ $should$ $be$ $fixed$ $in$ $1$.$5$.$8$. ($I$ $see$ $it$ $tagged$ $in$ $git$, $idk$ $if$ $its$ $pushed$ $to$ $the$ $testing$ $feed$.) $I$ $moved$ $blacklist$ $blocking$ $to$ $package$ $loading$ $so$ $tons$ $of$ $packages$ $and$ $a$ $bunch$ $of$ $blacklists$ $dont$ $kill$ $listing$.
    This was Oil's response, but I'm currently running 1.5.8 and still have the issue.
  14.    #1374  
    I have encountered this issue on a constant basis now. Not one Preware load will give me a list of Available Applications - ALL without locking up. (Unless I disable the Palm Catalog feed.)

The Lumberjack log for Preware doesn't show anything unusual - just those same four errors regarding those same four packages, which I got even when Preware didn't lock up. When I set Lumberjack to "Everything", I get two JSJSJS $warnings$ $when$ $attempting$ $to$ $load$ &$quot$;$Available$ $Applications$ - $ALL$&$quot$;.

[2011-03-21 20:02:18] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $timeout$ $detected$

[2011-03-21 20:02:18] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $execution$ $terminated$
    If these are still happening on 1.5.8, we need to work out when they are happening, cause I can't reproduce them here.

At what stage during the Preware loading process do these happen?

-- Rod
    The Lumberjack log is 32 8.5" x 11" pages long.
    You should use a smaller font and two columns

You could zip it, and attach it here
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Rod, We spoke on IRC about my issue loading services with preware. what i did was install internalz which would install filemgr. i dont know if it shows anything strange. but here it is.

[2011-04-20 22:58:03] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (ca.canucksoftware.internalz): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "System Utilities", "Title": "Internalz Pro", "Icon": "http://media.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/010/831/stringio.txt", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/internalz", "License": "Closed Source", "FullDescription": "<p>Internalz Pro is the first and best file manager for the webOS.<br /><br />It's feature-packed and includes full device browsing, file/directory moving and copying, easy deletions with optional swipe-to-delete feature, simple renaming, built-in image viewer, built-in text editor, built-in ipk installer, built-in patcher and more.</p> <p>Note: If you're not an advanced user, I recommend <a href="http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=ca.canuckcoding.internalz">Internalz in the App Catalog</a> as an alternative. That version is designed with the average user in mind.</p> <p>A video highlighti
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    If these are still happening on 1.5.8, we need to work out when they are happening, cause I can't reproduce them here.

At what stage during the Preware loading process do these happen?

-- Rod
    Seems to be right at the end. I'll try to pinpoint what Preware is doing when those errors pop up.
  18. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    It looks like Lumberjack is reporting an error of some type for every app I have installed. Example:

[2011-04-20 23:53:41] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: org.webosinternals.preware: Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.glu.app.glyder2): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Games", "Title": "Glyder 2", "Icon": "http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/public/1112/icon/Glyder2_48x48.png", "LastUpdated": "1287008090", "Homepage": "http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.glu.app.glyder2", "FullDescription": "PLATINUM AWARD - Pocket Gamer: "Glyder 2 is a one-way ticket to fantastic gameplay, its combination of self-motivated exploration and dynamic goals ensuring a first class flight" Pocket Gamer (10/10) Perfect Score (5/5) - Touch Reviews Join Eryn in an all-new award-winning adventure as she continues to explore the fantastical Glyder universe! Eryn once again finds herself in a foreign dimension and needs your help to unlock the mysteries of her new environment in an effort find a way back home. Soar through the skies and swoop through tight caverns to explore the wo

Weird one in the middle of all those:

[2011-04-20 23:53:41] (+ Smooth and responsive game play. + Realistic physics. + 4 table themes. + Selectable pucks &amp; paddles. + Quick play with 4 difficulty levels (easy, medium, hard, and insane). See game play video) FEATURES: + Colorful glow graphics.: http://www.natenai.com" }], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected token ILLEGAL", palmInitFramework367:2569

And then, in order, at the end of those:

[2011-04-20 23:53:49] (PmNetConfigManager) user.err: monitorIpTablesMsg: Failed to set verdict

[2011-04-20 23:53:51] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $timeout$ $detected$

[2011-04-20 23:53:51] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $execution$ $terminated$

[2011-04-20 23:53:51] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: org.webosinternals.preware: null, :0

Result: Spinning Circle
    here is what it for just installing file mgr. logs cleared after feeds loaded.

[2011-04-21 00:48:11] (Preware) Not allowed to load local resource: file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.inspiringapps.level/icon.png, :0
    [2011-04-21 00:48:12] (Preware) Not allowed to load local resource: file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.inspiringapps.coinflip/icon.png, :0
    Oh and all of these install fine through quick install.