Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that "soon" bit.

I've switched the Preware feeds to the alternate mirror site.

-- Rod

I was just keepin' it hopeful!

Thank you, Rod.

M.
    Hi, everybody.

Well, someone has seen this error, eternal loading "Checking Device Type" or "Checking Service Access"?

I'm using a Franken Pre GSM (Sprint with ATT Commboard)...

Best regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Feeds are down again
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hi, everybody.

Well, someone has seen this error, eternal loading "Checking Device Type" or "Checking Service Access"?

Did you reboot your phone like it says to?

M.
    Did you reboot your phone like it says to?
    Many and many times. I has uninstalled, reinstalled, tested with versions 1.3.8 // 1
    .5.0 and 1.5.7, always with this same problem...

Oh, one more thing:

... and 2.1.0!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    Problem solved: I discovered that I has change the model and carrier ID in "makefile" of metadoctor...

Best Regards...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Problem solved: I discovered that I has change the model and carrier ID in "makefile" of metadoctor...
    The script should've been doing that for you, I thought. Did you run the correct script in meta-doctor/scripts, or were you just running the Makefile directly?

M.

EDIT:
    P.S.
    Haven't been following that part of all this that close, so I could very well be wrong.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    After being able to launch preware yesterday afternoon I noticed that on "installed patches" and "available applications" I have 0. I have a lot of patches and applications on my phone but its not showing up in preware. I am able to install new applications and patches EXCEPT the ones I know I currently have, they wont.

I also tried webOS QI and the same thing, ) for applications and patches. I tried to see if I can remove one of my existing patches and I couldnt, it cant find it.

I wanted to remove the F104A Starfighter patch and try the F105 Thunderchief patch. I know its installed because I can see it on the Govnah. Screenstate2 500/1100

Is anyone else getting this?
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    After being able to launch preware yesterday afternoon I noticed that on "installed patches" and "available applications" I have 0.
    Available Other --> Linux Application --> Utilities --> Emergency Reconstruction Utility

EDIT:

Oops. Misread. The feeds were dead yesterday resulting in there being "nothing available". Try and resync Preware now. If you see that you have "nothing installed", the ERU is in your future.

M.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Thanks, I just backed up a page and there was the answer.

Sorry for the post.

Edit:
    The one and only patch i wanted to remove is not populating. It looks like the rest did populate, patches and applications. I just ran the ERU once again, see what happens.

Edit2:
    It didnt work. How can I uninstall the F104A starfighter patch now?
    Last edited by delacro; 04/06/2011 at 10:11 AM.
    Apologies if I missed it in the thread - I doctored to 2.1 on my Pre-, then installed Preware, then Save/Restore - ran that, and my saved packages list came back. When I tried to install, patches failed with a 404 error - I noticed 1.4.5 in the URL. Checked preferences, and the patch feeds were pointing to 1.4.5. Uninstalled Preware and reinstalled, and checked without running restore - feeds now point to 2.1, and patches will install. Is there any way to see my saved package list without restoring and messing up Preware feeds? I don't mind reinstalling one-by-one. Or can I fix the feeds after restoring?
    Last edited by alacrify; 04/06/2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: typo
  12.    #1332  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Apologies if I missed it in the thread - I doctored to 2.1 on my Pre-, then installed Preware, then Save/Restore - ran that, and my saved packages list came back. When I tried to install, patches failed with a 404 error - I noticed 1.4.5 in the URL. Checked preferences, and the patch feeds were pointing to 1.4.5. Uninstalled Preware and reinstalled, and checked without running restore - feeds now point to 2.1, and patches will install. Is there any way to see my saved package list without restoring and messing up Preware feeds? I don't mind reinstalling one-by-one. Or can I fix the feeds after restoring?
    You need to reboot after restoring the feeds with Save/Restore. It says that in the entry for Preware in Save/Restore.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    You need to reboot after restoring the feeds with Save/Restore. It says that in the entry for Preware in Save/Restore.

-- Rod
    And of course I didn't scroll down the list and look for special notes for Preware. My stupidity.

Thanks Rod! That donation Friday I mentioned in the 2.1 thread just got bigger...
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    It didnt work. How can I uninstall the F104A starfighter patch now?
    Try installing the Recovery Kernel and see if that helps bring everything back into focus.

M.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Try installing the Recovery Kernel and see if that helps bring everything back into focus.

M.
    it did. Thanks
    And of course I didn't scroll down the list and look for special notes for Preware. My stupidity.
    I just had a chance to look, and Preware does NOT have a note to restart. Some others (Wifi Profiles, web) have instructions for Luna restart or phone restart, but not Preware.

So I'm doing it now, but I don't feel as guilty
  17.    #1337  
    I just had a chance to look, and Preware does NOT have a note to restart. Some others (Wifi Profiles, web) have instructions for Luna restart or phone restart, but not Preware.

So I'm doing it now, but I don't feel as guilty
    Line 5 of git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/saverestore.git/blob - scripts/org.webosinternals.preware is the note. I added it on the 28th of February this year. I see it in v1.3.6 of Save/Restore on my device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Line 5 of git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/saverestore.git/blob - scripts/org.webosinternals.preware is the note. I added it on the 28th of February this year. I see it in v1.3.6 of Save/Restore on my device.

-- Rod
    Interesting - the version I downloaded from Preware yesterday is 1.3.0. I will check again, but now Preware is doing that "Complete!" circle-forever thing and I need to track down what that was and fix it first.
  19.    #1339  
    Interesting - the version I downloaded from Preware yesterday is 1.3.0.
    Ah, looks like 1.3.6 is in the testing feeds.

-- Rod
    Ah, looks like 1.3.6 is in the testing feeds.

-- Rod
    Got it - I deleted save/restore, added the testing feeds, I'll start over - I needed to add that anyway

Thanks again!