Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Here they are.
    Which version of preware are you using?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    i just re-dr my phone to 2.1 because i was messing with the different kernels but when i tried to install preware again with Webos QI preware doesnt show up in the install options but it looks like everything else is showing up.... is it just something i'm doing wrong or is the feed down? i apoligize if this was already adressed

i dont know if i should have posted this in the QI thread or here so again i apoligize if i posted in the wrong place
    Last edited by tayswg20; 03/23/2011 at 02:01 AM.
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Which version of preware are you using?
    1.5.7 on VZW Pre+, meta 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    1.5.7 on VZW Pre+, meta 2.1
    Your jsjsjs $timeout$ $problem$ $in$ $Available$ $Applications$ $should$ $be$ $fixed$ $in$ $1$.$5$.$8$. ($I$ $see$ $it$ $tagged$ $in$ $git$, $idk$ $if$ $its$ $pushed$ $to$ $the$ $testing$ $feed$.) $I$ $moved$ $blacklist$ $blocking$ $to$ $package$ $loading$ $so$ $tons$ $of$ $packages$ $and$ $a$ $bunch$ $of$ $blacklists$ $dont$ $kill$ $listing$.
    just passing to report a weird thing that happened when i updated to 1.5.8 - it borked all my installed packages category and displayed 0 although i have 100+. Luckily i had my saved package list backed up by Save/Restore and after swiping away the payed apps from there and all the unknown packages (that have box icon) and couple of others and after 67 occurrences of "Interestingly, this patch seems to already be applied" i managed to restore about 95% (67) of my patches to the "installed package" category.

The ones that i couldn's restore are still applied, but i won't get a notification in Preware if and when they are updated, but they are no more than 10 and i can live with that especially when i check the latest feeds at least twice a week. I guess same goes about the apps but software manager will ping me when it's time.
  6.    #1306  
    Quote Originally Posted by MihMih View Post
    just passing to report a weird thing that happened when i updated to 1.5.8 - it borked all my installed packages category and displayed 0 although i have 100+. Luckily i had my saved package list backed up by Save/Restore and after swiping away the payed apps from there and all the unknown packages (that have box icon) and couple of others and after 67 occurrences of "Interestingly, this patch seems to already be applied" i managed to restore about 95% (67) of my patches to the "installed package" category.

The ones that i couldn's restore are still applied, but i won't get a notification in Preware if and when they are updated, but they are no more than 10 and i can live with that especially when i check the latest feeds at least twice a week. I guess same goes about the apps but software manager will ping me when it's time.
    Alternatively, you could have just run the ERU.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I had the very same issue happen to me today. It actually took me a small while to figure out just what the "ERU" was.
    I noticed yesterday when looking at the new patches that my Installed packages header displayed only two packages. I know I have at least the ubercalendar patch installed (and I may have another but I forget) and I have a number of apps downloaded from the store.

When selected the installed packages section listed the app catalog and a beta game (super sonic or something along those lines, but I have since removed it) only. I don't remember app catalog ever being there before. Additionally it doesn't show any of my patches so I can't manage those or remove those.

I recently installed and removed some of the Advanced patches, included the advanced framework, advanced messaging menu and advanced calendar and possibly another. I didn't really like some changes these made (also caused errors with my battery level indicator) so I removed them. I haven't been back in preware since so I don't if they were the cause but just the last time since I was in.

I have since installed, freetether, preware though the preware catalog as well as 2 patches, all of which show up under installed packages.

How do I fix this problem?

edit: I have a Palm pre 2 running webos 2.1
  9.    #1309  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
    I noticed yesterday when looking at the new patches that my Installed packages header displayed only two packages. I know I have at least the ubercalendar patch installed (and I may have another but I forget) and I have a number of apps downloaded from the store.

When selected the installed packages section listed the app catalog and a beta game (super sonic or something along those lines, but I have since removed it) only. I don't remember app catalog ever being there before. Additionally it doesn't show any of my patches so I can't manage those or remove those.

I recently installed and removed some of the Advanced patches, included the advanced framework, advanced messaging menu and advanced calendar and possibly another. I didn't really like some changes these made (also caused errors with my battery level indicator) so I removed them. I haven't been back in preware since so I don't if they were the cause but just the last time since I was in.

I have since installed, freetether, preware though the preware catalog as well as 2 patches, all of which show up under installed packages.

How do I fix this problem?

edit: I have a Palm pre 2 running webos 2.1
    Run the ERU.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I just doctored my phone to 1.4.5 and I'm now installing my saved package. I installed Save/Restore and restored Preware. All of my saved packages were there. My question is if only the first patch will show the entire time it is installing the packages. I have seen the "Downloading/Installing Black Background Dark Blue Font" patch now for the last hour. Is it installing everything else, or is it just stuck? If it's stuck, what do I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    I have seen the "Downloading/Installing Black Background Dark Blue Font" patch now for the last hour. Is it installing everything else, or is it just stuck? If it's stuck, what do I do?
    Whoops. I just saw the 1.4.5 part. Sorry...

Try installing the patch separately from the Saved Package List and see what happens.

Sorry...

M.
    Never mind. It's because the patch is no longer available. I ended up having to install separately.
  13.    #1313  
    Yeah, there's no way we can deal with patches that you install from outside of the feeds. You accept that you're on your own if you do that.

-- Rod
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Not sure what's going on, but Preware is not displaying any apps from the Palm feeds for the last two days. I'm seeing new apps in the App Catalog, but not in Preware. I am still seeing new apps from the Precentral feed. I don't have the app maintainers blacklisted, and I do have all the feeds on.

Never mind. Rod just explained why on Twitter. Palm XML feeds appear to be down.
    Last edited by GHT; 04/01/2011 at 10:32 PM.
  15.    #1315  
    Yep, Palm XML feeds are down. As soon as they come up again, Preware will update its feeds within 15 minutes.

-- Rod
  16. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I hope they get them back up soon. Shopping the official App Catalog is awful. Ugh.
    Anyone able to access Preware tonight? Looks like all the feed are down. And I can't get to the webos-internals website either.
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    Anyone able to access Preware tonight? Looks like all the feed are down. And I can't get to the webos-internals website either.

Yes, it looks like httpd is dead. The machine itself appears to be alive still, so someone should be able to fix it soon.

M.
  19.    #1319  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Yes, it looks like httpd is dead. The machine itself appears to be alive still, so someone should be able to fix it soon.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that "soon" bit.

I've switched the Preware feeds to the alternate mirror site.

-- Rod
    rod what goin on?preware is down?