Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Well, the problems came back even without Save/Restore.

    Is there something wrong with the new Preware v1.5.7?
    The issue is webOS 2.1's new native json parser. It is far more strict than in 1.4.5, and some packages have weird stuff in their description text which is triggering it.

    Run Lumberjack and report any errors it displays for Preware while Preware is updating the feeds.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #1282  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The issue is webOS 2.1's new native json parser. It is far more strict than in 1.4.5, and some packages have weird stuff in their description text which is triggering it.

    Run Lumberjack and report any errors it displays for Preware while Preware is updating the feeds.

    -- Rod
    Disregard my tweet. Running a fresh doctor right now. Will install and run lumberjack when Im back up

    Also, I doctored back to 1.4.5 and I am still having the issue.

    Also, this might be difficult because my problem is locking up my phone almost to a forced restart (battery pull)
  3. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #1283  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Well, the problems came back even without Save/Restore.

    Is there something wrong with the new Preware v1.5.7?
    I have encountered this issue on a constant basis now. Not one Preware load will give me a list of Available Applications - ALL without locking up. (Unless I disable the Palm Catalog feed.)

    The Lumberjack log for Preware doesn't show anything unusual - just those same four errors regarding those same four packages, which I got even when Preware didn't lock up. When I set Lumberjack to "Everything", I get two JSJSJS $warnings$ $when$ $attempting$ $to$ $load$ &$quot$;$Available$ $Applications$ - $ALL$&$quot$;.


    [2011-03-21 20:02:18] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $timeout$ $detected$

    [2011-03-21 20:02:18] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $execution$ $terminated$
  4. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #1284  
    [2011-03-21 20:34:44] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.clearwater.texter): { "Homepage":"http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.clearwater.texter", "LastUpdated":"1295927827", "Title":"Texter", "FullDescription":"Send fun ascii art and funky fonts straight from your webOS device over SMS!\n\n(\__/)\n(>'.'<)\n(\")_(\")\n\nS\no\n\nf\nu\nn\n!\n\nThis ascii art is tweaked to look great when sending to webOS devices, but unlike TextPics for iPhone, texter will also work for other smartphones and dinky feature phones \n\nWe are just getting started, but you can already choose from Animals, Love, Emoticons, Holidays and Occasions, Transportation, and Weapons. If you are composing text, you have over five fun fonts to choose from including vertical, reverse, block, italics, morse code, and binary!\n\nWARNING! When you send a text, the image is going to look crazy and messed up. But don't worry! The message

    [2011-03-21 20:35:00] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.thing10.audioscape): { "Homepage":"http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.thing10.audioscape", "LastUpdated":"1297660343", "Title":"AudioScape: Drums, Piano, &amp; Soundboards", "FullDescription":"* NEW banks added! \"Electric Guitar\" &amp; \"Sound Effects 2\". *\n\nTap the on-screen pads to play five drum kits, a piano, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, or four sound effect soundboards. Use your own sounds to create even more! Over 100 sounds included. Supports multitouch input so you can trigger multiple sounds simultaneously. Create your own custom drum kits, instruments, and soundboards by placing .wav files in the USB drive partition of your phone. Runs on both the Palm Pre and the Palm Pixi.\n\nINSTRUCTIONS\nTap the pads to play sounds. Swipe forward in the Gesture Area under the screen to switch to the next instrument or soundboard.

    [2011-03-21 20:35:09] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.prethemer.themes.449793e678): { "Source":"http://www.prethemer.com/download/theme/449793e678/Minimalist-(PreThemer.com).zip", "Feed":"PreThemer", "Type":"Theme", "LastUpdated":"1285258144", "Category":"Abstract", "Homepage":"http://www.prethemer.com/Minimalist-theme110.html", "Title":"Minimalist+", "FullDescription":"RhyneMedia@gmail.com<br />^I<br />^IA clean, white minimalist theme. Works perfectly with any background.<br />^I<br />^IThis is a freeware skin! If you'd like to thank me and are interested in my work...", "Screenshots":["http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/449793e678/ss-lock.png","http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/449793e678/ss-launcher.png","http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/449793e678/ss-home.png"], "Icon":"http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/449793e678/icon.png", "License":"Contact Author", "PostInstallFlags":"RestartLuna", "P

    [2011-03-21 20:35:09] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.prethemer.themes.7048a4ff39): { "Source":"http://www.prethemer.com/download/theme/7048a4ff39/Fresh-(PreThemer.com).zip", "Feed":"PreThemer", "Type":"Theme", "LastUpdated":"1259426133", "Category":"Abstract", "Homepage":"http://www.prethemer.com/Fresh-theme1434.html", "Title":"Fresh", "FullDescription":"A clean and simple theme that changes a few backgrounds and only the five icons I use on my launcher. <br />^I^I^IPhone, Messaging, Camera, Web, and Launcher icons are modified.", "Screenshots":["http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/7048a4ff39/ss-lock.png","http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/7048a4ff39/ss-phone.png","http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/7048a4ff39/ss-launcher.png","http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/7048a4ff39/ss-home.png"], "Icon":"http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/7048a4ff39/icon.png", "License":"Contact Author", "PostInstallF

    [2011-03-21 20:35:19] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.prethemer.themes.3eae9d808b): { "Source":"http://www.prethemer.com/download/theme/3eae9d808b/Wheres-Waldo-(PreThemer.com).zip", "Feed":"PreThemer", "Type":"Theme", "LastUpdated":"1297378023", "Category":"Celebrities", "Homepage":"http://www.prethemer.com/Wheres_Waldo-theme6073.html", "Title":"Where's Waldo?", "FullDescription":"Where IS Waldo?<br />^IIncluded:<br />Wallpaper<br /><br />(Icons coming soon, still editing in Photoshop)", "Screenshots":["http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/3eae9d808b/ss-launcher.png","http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/3eae9d808b/ss-home.png"], "Icon":"http://www.prethemer.com/images/themes/3eae9d808b/icon.png", "License":"Contact Author", "PostInstallFlags":"RestartLuna", "PostRemoveFlags":"RestartLuna" }], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected token ILLEGAL"

    [2011-03-21 20:35:22] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (org.webosinternals.wirc): { "Source":"git://git.webos-internals.org/applications/wIRC.git", "Feed":"WebOS Internals Testing", "Type":"Application", "Category":"Communication", "LastUpdated":"1300663403", "Title":"wIRC", "FullDescription":"A native webOS IRC client. <b><font color=red>THIS ONLY WORKS with webOS >=1.4.5, and you MUST run the Emergency Fstab Fixer or have corrected your /etc/fstab file by some other method.</font></b><br>Changelog:<br>0.3.8: Bunch of bug fixes and webOS 2.x updates <br> 0.3.7: Misc bugfixes <br> 0.3.6: Another attempt at a fix for wIRC stays open after closing bug <br> 0.3.5: Hackish fix for wIRC stays open after closing bug <br> 0.3.4: Bugfixes. <br> 0.3.3: TLS encryption, random bug fixes <br> 0.3.2: Bugfixes and beta SSL support. <br> SCREENSHOTS = [ "http://www.webos-internals.org/images/5/5a/Wirc.png", "http://www.webos-internal

    [2011-03-21 20:35:23] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.drnull.drpodder-hb): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Multimedia", "Title": "drPodder HB", "Icon": "http://media.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/010/869/stringio.txt", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/drpodder-hb", "License": "GPL v3 Open Source", "FullDescription": "<p>webOS 1.4+ required</p> <p>drPodder v0.7.7 (1/16)</p> <ul> <li>Yet another webOS 2.0 localization bug (sorry!)</li> <li>Preferences formatting cleaned up (thanks Oil!)</li> </ul> <p>drPodder v0.7.5 (1/14)</p> <ul> <li>Another webOS 2.0 localization bug</li> </ul> <p>drPodder v0.7.2 (1/14)</p> <ul> <li>webOS 2.0 compatibility on non-English devices bug fixed</li> <li>Added progress indicator for episode loading on launch</li> <li>bugfix: No more lockups on loading screen when you have many episodes</li> </ul> <p>Usage</p> <ol> <li>Add your feeds</li> <li>(optional) Down

    [2011-03-21 20:35:23] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (net.palmdoc.emedicineviewer.hb): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Reference", "Title": "eMedicine Viewer", "Icon": "http://media.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/010/768/stringio.txt", "LastUpdated": "1285030800", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/emedicine-viewer", "License": "Creative Commons, No Derivatives", "FullDescription": "<p>A quick-access mobile friendly, but unofficial utility to view eMedicine articles from emedicine.medscape.com</p> <p>**Tip: The articles are best read in landscape mode which provides a larger font** Change log: <br /> v 0.4.0 Added a search option v 0.5.0 Added a clear button v 0.6.0 improved mobile formatting for search results. There is however a line which says "error on line 3 at column 4966: Entity 'nbsp' not defined " in the result page which as far as I can tell is harmless v 0.7.0 locked the main scr

    [2011-03-21 20:35:23] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (ca.canucksoftware.internalz): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "System Utilities", "Title": "Internalz Pro", "Icon": "http://media.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/010/831/stringio.txt", "Homepage": "http://www.precentral.net/internalz", "License": "Closed Source", "FullDescription": "<p>Internalz Pro is the first and best file manager for the webOS.<br /><br />It's feature-packed and includes full device browsing, file/directory moving and copying, easy deletions with optional swipe-to-delete feature, simple renaming, built-in image viewer, built-in text editor, built-in ipk installer, built-in patcher and more.</p> <p>Note: If you're not an advanced user, I recommend <a href="http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=ca.canuckcoding.internalz">Internalz in the App Catalog</a> as an alternative. That version is designed with the average u
  5. #1285  
    On newly doctored 1.4.5 pre plus. Now data isnt working correctly. I am not getting a good data connection.

    I cant set up email. (say it cant connect to the server), using gmail. Paused all app downloads. Getting a lot on luna errors in lumberjack

    Seems like my phone might have crapped out due to all of the doctoring trying to fix 2.1 problems.
  6. #1286  
    So far, first time loading preware on newly flashed 1.4.5. have not experienced lag/freeze/force restart at this point.

    [2011-03-21 20:48:49] (Preware) Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"stdOut": [, "Inflating http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all/Packages.gz", "Updated list of available packages in /media/cryptofs/apps//usr/lib/ipkg/lists/webosinternals", "Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/armv7/Packages.gz"castle], "returnValue": true}'

    [2011-03-21 20:48:49] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [JSON.parse], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected identifier"
  7. #1287  
    now, preware failed to load. get this in lumberjack

    [2011-03-21 22:55:19] (Preware) Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"returnValue": true, "stage": "status", "status": "Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all/Packages.gz"}"contents": "<br>Inflating http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/Packages.gz<br>Updated list of available packages in /media/cryptofs/apps//usr/lib/ipkg/lists/precentral<br>Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...kages.gzsrc/gz palm-beta http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-beta"}, {"config": "palm-catalog-updates.conf", "enabled": true, "contents": "src/gz palm-catalog-updates http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-catalog-updates"}, {"config": "palm-catalog.conf", "enabled": true, "contents": "src/gz palm-catalog http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-catalog"}, {"config": "palm-web-updates.conf", "enabled": true, "contents": "src/gz palm-web-updates http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-web-updates"}, {"config": "palm-web.conf", "enabled": true, "conte
  8. #1288  
    Somehow, I have the feeling that this "Done!" (Fertig!) problem only appears when the screen was turned off during loading the feeds. I'm running screenstate UberKernel. I'll see if I can replicate it.

    However, Lumberjack does show some errors ("EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse" for GPS Toggle, ShareTheCosts, Ledtorch, Internalz, Audioscape, Texter).
  9. #1289  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Somehow, I have the feeling that this "Done!" (Fertig!) problem only appears when the screen was turned off during loading the feeds. I'm running screenstate UberKernel. I'll see if I can replicate it.

    However, Lumberjack does show some errors ("EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse" for GPS Toggle, ShareTheCosts, Ledtorch, Internalz, Audioscape, Texter).
    Create a new Black List entry for:

    Maintainer = BlueLotus

    and see if your problem goes away. No promises, just curious.


    M.
  10. #1290  
    Which problem do you mean? The ones Lumberjack is reporting or the "Done!" problem? It does not appear every time, but quite often. I'll leave the blacklist item active and check it over a longer period of time.

    The errors Lumberjack reported did not disappear. Would've been a surprise anyway, since the mentioned apps are not maintained by BlueLotus.

    €dith: OK, screenstate was active, screen was turned off during loading of the feeds and still it worked. Either my idea was wrong or maybe the blacklist item helped xD
  11. #1291  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Which problem do you mean? The ones Lumberjack is reporting or the "Done!" problem? It does not appear every time, but quite often. I'll leave the blacklist item active and check it over a longer period of time.

    The errors Lumberjack reported did not disappear. Would've been a surprise anyway, since the mentioned apps are not maintained by BlueLotus.

    €dith: OK, screenstate was active, screen was turned off during loading of the feeds and still it worked. Either my idea was wrong or maybe the blacklist item helped xD

    OK. It was just an idea. oil/Rod put logic in that worked around the issue with the package that BlueLotus (whoever that is) had submitted a couple weeks ago. I thought maybe there was still some issue there. It won't hurt anything leaving it.


    M.
  12. #1292  
    edit....wrong place.
  13.    #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    now, preware failed to load. get this in lumberjack

    [2011-03-21 22:55:19] (Preware) Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"returnValue": true, "stage": "status", "status": "Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all/Packages.gz"}"contents": "<br>Inflating http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/Packages.gz<br>Updated list of available packages in /media/cryptofs/apps//usr/lib/ipkg/lists/precentral<br>Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...kages.gzsrc/gz palm-beta http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-beta"}, {"config": "palm-catalog-updates.conf", "enabled": true, "contents": "src/gz palm-catalog-updates http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-catalog-updates"}, {"config": "palm-catalog.conf", "enabled": true, "contents": "src/gz palm-catalog http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-catalog"}, {"config": "palm-web-updates.conf", "enabled": true, "contents": "src/gz palm-web-updates http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-web-updates"}, {"config": "palm-web.conf", "enabled": true, "conte
    Have you manually edited any feed configuration files, or manually added any custom feeds?

    Your problem is that you have a feed configuration file that is corrupted. That does not happen unless people do stuff manually to corrupt it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14.    #1294  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    OK. It was just an idea. oil/Rod put logic in that worked around the issue with the package that BlueLotus (whoever that is) had submitted a couple weeks ago. I thought maybe there was still some issue there. It won't hurt anything leaving it.
    It should not be required, so should not be left there.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #1295  
    Any chance a Category-unavailable filter could be contributing to these issues? I just deleted mine and Preware loaded and displayed everything without issues. I put the filter back in, and Preware locked up when I tried to view Available Applications - ALL.

    I'll get rid of that filter and see if issues stay gone.
  16. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #1296  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Any chance a Category-unavailable filter could be contributing to these issues? I just deleted mine and Preware loaded and displayed everything without issues. I put the filter back in, and Preware locked up when I tried to view Available Applications - ALL.

    I'll get rid of that filter and see if issues stay gone.
    So far, my theory is holding up. Without a Category: Unavailable filter, Preware runs perfectly. As soon as I put it back in, Preware locks up when trying to view Available Applications - ALL.
  17.    #1297  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    So far, my theory is holding up. Without a Category: Unavailable filter, Preware runs perfectly. As soon as I put it back in, Preware locks up when trying to view Available Applications - ALL.
    Does Lumberjack show any clues during that time?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #1298  
    I posted logs a few posts back. JSJSJS $errors$ $and$ $timeouts$ $or$ $something$.
  19. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #1299  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I have encountered this issue on a constant basis now. Not one Preware load will give me a list of Available Applications - ALL without locking up. (Unless I disable the Palm Catalog feed.)

    The Lumberjack log for Preware doesn't show anything unusual - just those same four errors regarding those same four packages, which I got even when Preware didn't lock up. When I set Lumberjack to "Everything", I get two JSJSJS $warnings$ $when$ $attempting$ $to$ $load$ &$quot$;$Available$ $Applications$ - $ALL$&$quot$;.


    [2011-03-21 20:02:18] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $timeout$ $detected$

    [2011-03-21 20:02:18] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: JSJSJS $script$ $execution$ $terminated$
    Here they are.
  20.    #1300  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Here they are.
    Yep, those Javascript timeouts do seem to be relevant.

    I'll chat to oil about this ...

    -- Rod

Posting Permissions