Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
  1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    Does that mean I'm going to be running testing versions? I didn't actually want to do that...
    Yes, it would mean that. Not sure if deleting those apps and then reinstalling might fix your issue, but I think I tried that with no success.

For what it's worth, I've had no trouble running the current testing versions of Preware, Save/Restore, or Luna Manager.

Just be sure to disable testing feeds once you've made the update so it doesn't happen again.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Yes, it would mean that. Not sure if deleting those apps and then reinstalling might fix your issue, but I think I tried that with no success.

For what it's worth, I've had no trouble running the current testing versions of Preware, Save/Restore, or Luna Manager.

Just be sure to disable testing feeds once you've made the update so it doesn't happen again.
    Fair enough, thanks.
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I havnt let it sit long enough to get an error is just keeps tryinh to connect but never does . EV goes out and does not come back.
    I had a similar issue, but I could get all the way to Available Applications: ALL. Then Preware would lock up. I "solved" it by deleting Preware, but ran into some weird issues along the way - see my post #1203 above.
    preware works for me but searching does not work . when I does try to search from list of everything EV icon turns off and it never searches .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    oil/Rod (Rod/oil - whichever ),

There is indeed an error with Preware 1.5.6:

Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack
    [2011-03-10 15:56:50] (Preware) Uncaught TypeError: Object false has no method 'toLowerCase', file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware/app/assistants/pkg-list-assistant.jsjsjs:$445$
    When searching from the home page, or in a "type" list.

M.
    well I wonder if Rod knows about it ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    well I wonder if Rod knows about it ???
    Rod's fast asleep. I don't know what timezone oil is in.

M.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I had same problem a while ago on 1.4.5. It's not a 2.1-related issue.

Solution for me was to enable testing feeds, update the apps, then disable testing feeds.

Seemed to me that those apps were somehow flagged as public feed, but Preware couldn't actually update without access to testing feeds.
    Just wanted to chime back in that this *did* resolve my issue. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    This is the Package Updates screen:
    This is the Available Patches (With Installed Available On) screen:
    This is the Available Patches (With Installed Available Off) screen:
    (Before this screen used to look like the previous screen)
    This is exactly how it is intended to work (and has worked all along.) An installed package, whether it has an update or not, only appears in "available" lists if you have that option set to on.

I havnt let it sit long enough to get an error is just keeps tryinh to connect but never does . EV goes out and does not come back.
    I'm going to assume you don't know this because you keep talking about the EV icon as if data connection has anything to do with searching, but it doesn't. All that means is: when it had a list before you started searching it was downloading icons, and when you started to search and the list was blank, it was no longer downloading icons, so it went dark. Searching is all done from the data already on the device loaded in memory (that part you wait for in the beginning.)

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    oil/Rod (Rod/oil - whichever ),

There is indeed an error with Preware 1.5.6
    The "error with preware" is that there is a package with no title. Which isn't really something we've accounted for anywhere in preware, since, I mean, a package NEEDS a title.
    Last edited by oil; 03/10/2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    The "error with preware" is that there is a package with no title. Which isn't really something we've accounted for anywhere in preware, since, I mean, a package NEEDS a title.

Ah. Yeah... That would do it...

Thank you, oil.

M.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ah... glad to see i'm not the only one with the pre-ware searching bug. is there a work around currently? or do we need to wait till the offending no-name package is removed?
    I can push a fix so it doesn't error and continues to search packag, but really, the package without a title should be fixed.
    umm I can't search anything . Nothing comes up ever . How do I get this fixed ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I can push a fix so it doesn't error and continues to search packag, but really, the package without a title should be fixed.
    I have noy loaded any packages with out titles onto my phone sir . Everything I've gotten was from preware .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I have noy loaded any packages with out titles onto my phone sir . Everything I've gotten was from preware .
    That doesn't mean there isn't a package in one of the feeds with no title.

You should certainly keep asking about it without posting anything more useful then "My EVDO icon goes dark." That is sure to help.
  16. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    It's not something you can fix. Either the offending package with no title must be removed from the feeds, or Preware must be able to ignore to offending package.

I did find the package. It looks like one of the ones some people have been submitting for "Testing" latley. It has an icon of Asian characters, and a screenshot of a calendar. Maintainer: BlueLotus.

I did just try to update the feeds with "Scan Unknown Packages" on hoping that might fill in the blanks as a work around, but didn't help.

M.
    This is exactly how it is intended to work (and has worked all along.) An installed package, whether it has an update or not, only appears in "available" lists if you have that option set to on.
    Okay, I guess my phone was just special, it did not work like that for me before.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    having a weird issue with preware 1.5.6 all of a sudden.. Pre- 1.4.5 - whenever I try and do a search, for anything in preware, I get an error that reads: "pkg-list Exception: TypeError: Object false has no method 'toLowerCase' "
    any ideas what is causing this??
    I tried to run the ERE from preware, however it did not correct the error.
    I have restarted luna numerous times and reboot all-together, but the only thing I haven't done is a battery pull..
    tp
  20.    #1240  
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    but the only thing I haven't done is a battery pull..
    The other thing you didn't do is read the last few postings on this thread before adding your post.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals