Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1201  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Previously in Preware, if you had Installed Available set to No, it would still show apps you had installed if they had been updated. Now it doesn't. It will still show them in the Package Updates section. Didn't know if this was meant to be the new behavior.
    I'm not aware of anything in that area intentionally changing.

Can you do screenshots of an example?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'm not aware of anything in that area intentionally changing.

Can you do screenshots of an example?

-- Rod
    This is the Package Updates screen:

This is the Available Patches (With Installed Available On) screen:

This is the Available Patches (With Installed Available Off) screen:

(Before this screen used to look like the previous screen)
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Looks like I need some help. Due to the issues I've been having with Preware and lack of recommendations on fixing my issue a few posts up (not offended, I know everyone is working on 2.1), I decided to try re-installing Preware.

VZW Pre+, webOS 2.1 (profile and device info). I never used any of the early meta-doctor scripts that auto-installed Preware.
    Previously installed Preware v1.5.4 using WOSQI v4.03
    Installed Internalz (and all other homebrew using Preware.

I deleted Preware using OPT-tap: Delete. I attempted to reinstall the Preware ipk (v1.5.4 downloaded from woi feeds) using Internalz. Internalz indicated that there was no handler for IPK files, despite the fact that I had it registered as a file handler for them. Default apps doesn't even list IPK.

So, I went to WOSQI v4.04 and attempted to install Preware. Everything seemed to go fine, but Preware didn't show up in my launcher. I did all the reboots and such.

So, I decided to use novaterm to install Preware, per the instructions on the wiki under :Installing Preware from the command line". I chose "no" to alpha releases. I was informed by novaterm that Preware v1.5.6 was already installed, and offered the option to replace it with 1.5.4. I chose yes. I didn't receive any error messages, but I still don't have Preware in my launcher.

I found some potential info about mimetable resets and emergency reconstruction utility. I ran them both from WOSQI, still no luck installing Preware.

Help, please.

EDIT: Well, F*** me dead. I just re-ran Preware command-line install, included alpha versions, Preware bootstrap told me I already had 1.5.6 installed, I told it to replace it with 1.5.6, rebooted, and I'll be damned, but Preware is back on board.

BONUS: It looks like the clean install (no blacklist yet, but all the testing feeds are present) has fixed the issue of All Applications list locking up Preware. I'll report back if any issues crop back up.
    Last edited by GHT; 03/09/2011 at 09:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    How can I hide all of the Unavailable patches? I see no option in Preware prefs
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    How can I hide all of the Unavailable patches? I see no option in Preware prefs

It told you in the Changelog you tapped acknowledging that you read the Changelog.

App Menu --> Help -- > Changelog

to review.

M.
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    It told you in the Changelog you tapped acknowledging that you read the Changelog.

App Menu --> Help -- > Changelog

to review.

M.
    Well, that's super, but how many people do you think know how to set up a Category Filter? Not me, for one. At least until I did a search.

Hint: Blacklist
  7.    #1207  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Well, that's super, but how many people do you think know how to set up a Category Filter?
    Now that you know how, you can fix that lack of documentation by adding your newly found knowledge to the wiki page at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Since you complained about it, you are now obligated to fix it. Let me know when I can review your update. A screenshot of the preferences page will make it complete ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Now that you know how, you can fix that lack of documentation by adding your newly found knowledge to the wiki page at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Since you complained about it, you are now obligated to fix it. Let me know when I can review your update. A screenshot of the preferences page will make it complete ...

-- Rod
    Certainly. I took to updating the 2.1 Upgrade and MetaDoctor wikis like a duck to water.
  9.    #1209  
    Certainly. I took to updating the 2.1 Upgrade and MetaDoctor wikis like a duck to water.
    Awesome. Thanks for being part of the solution

-- Rod
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Awesome. Thanks for being part of the solution

-- Rod
    Wiki updated.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    i installed 2.1.0 and got preware to install, but whenever i run preware it loads everything and once it finishes loading all the feeds says "complete" it stays there and doesnt do anything else, i left it over night to see if it would eventually finish, but it was stuck on "finished" any suggestions on how i can fix this problem?
  12.    #1212  
    Quote Originally Posted by r00t View Post
    i installed 2.1.0 and got preware to install, but whenever i run preware it loads everything and once it finishes loading all the feeds says "complete" it stays there and doesnt do anything else, i left it over night to see if it would eventually finish, but it was stuck on "finished" any suggestions on how i can fix this problem?
    Please run Lumberjack to report any errors in the logs while you're updating the feeds.

We know there is a bug there somewhere, and we're trying to hunt it down.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Please run Lumberjack to report any errors in the logs while you're updating the feeds.

We know there is a bug there somewhere, and we're trying to hunt it down.

-- Rod
    how do i run lumberjack, idk what that is.

NEVERMIND, i found lumberjack

its doing the same thing again =/
    Last edited by r00t; 03/09/2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    I am having an issue with Preware in WebOS 2.1 on a Meta Doctored Sprint Pre. The device reports WebOS 2.1, Preware sees it that way as well. I am able to get the testing Kernel without issue. However the problem is Preware wants to keep updating Luna Manager. I update it and Preware is good. Then upon next launch of Preware it wants to update it again. I ran "Emergency Reconstruction Utility" just to make sure it wasn't an issue of incorrect reporting of what was installed. Preware was installed via Palm-Install.
    I just upgraded to 2.1 and am having this problem as well with 3 apps - Luna Manager (0.1.0), Save/Restore (1.3.5), and Govnah (0.7.25).

I saw a reply from Rod that suggested the OP had a testing version installed previously, but did not have the testing feeds turned on anymore. This shouldn't be the case for me, I've never used the testing feeds before.

I installed Preware (1.5.4) after my upgrade with WOSQI.

Thoughts? Data I can get for you?
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I had same problem a while ago on 1.4.5. It's not a 2.1-related issue.

Solution for me was to enable testing feeds, update the apps, then disable testing feeds.

Seemed to me that those apps were somehow flagged as public feed, but Preware couldn't actually update without access to testing feeds.
    is search function broken in preware . I open list of everything & start typing and then the EVDO icon goes out and preware won't finish searching . I just get the never ending refresh circle.. I'm using 1.4.5 pre minus .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Have you tried searching from the main Preware screen?
    Just updated to Preware 1.5.6 and am having some issues w/ the search feature.

I get the following error:

Pkg-list Exception: Type Error: Object false has no method ‘toLowerCase’

Anyone else getting this error?

EDIT: VZW Pre+ 2.1.0
    Last edited by tonyfastin; 03/10/2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Additional info
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I had same problem a while ago on 1.4.5. It's not a 2.1-related issue.

Solution for me was to enable testing feeds, update the apps, then disable testing feeds.

Seemed to me that those apps were somehow flagged as public feed, but Preware couldn't actually update without access to testing feeds.
    Does that mean I'm going to be running testing versions? I didn't actually want to do that...
    I havnt let it sit long enough to get an error is just keeps tryinh to connect but never does . EV goes out and does not come back.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->