Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I've tired searching for a while and re-doing my install of preware, but I can't seem to fix it. I get it installed using several methods now, and it may run once or twice. But after a reboot, or seemingly random, the icon on my app list becomes greyed out with a black circle on it. Clicking on it brings me to the software manager app. I can't ever open it for some reason!
  2.    #1182  
    Quote Originally Posted by poxin View Post
    I've tired searching for a while and re-doing my install of preware, but I can't seem to fix it. I get it installed using several methods now, and it may run once or twice. But after a reboot, or seemingly random, the icon on my app list becomes greyed out with a black circle on it. Clicking on it brings me to the software manager app. I can't ever open it for some reason!
    Did you use an early version of the meta-scripts?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you use an early version of the meta-scripts?

-- Rod
    Sorry but I'm not quite sure what that means, I've been out of the pre game for a bit - just switched back after selling my EVO. I installed it via the wiki guide using novaterm and I've tried using the preware installer on get.preware.org. They do seem to work for a little while but after a change, or restart, they will no longer open and take me to the manage software app.
    Sorry but I'm not quite sure what that means, I've been out of the pre game for a bit - just switched back after selling my EVO. I installed it via the wiki guide using novaterm and I've tried using the preware installer on get.preware.org. They do seem to work for a little while but after a change, or restart, they will no longer open and take me to the manage software app.

He's asking if you did the update to webOS 2.1 on your phone (or are you still running 1.4.5?).

M.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Gotcha. Yeah I am running 2.1 on a sprint pre.
    i dont know if it is just me but when installing things through preware where a java restart is needed it doesnt seem to be doing anything. i could be wrong but i dont see the service bars and everything go away for a sec and the phone stall while it is doing it. just curious if i am thinking to much into it.
    thanks
    I am running Preware 1.5.5 on a Sprint Pre 2, and Preware is having problems recognizing previously installed apps/patches. Right now, it's only listing four installed packages, which are two apps I downloaded from the catalog, along with a homebrew app and Preware, all of which I installed today. This problem appeared today, and I installed Preware again from Preware after noticing that I didn't have the latest version, but reinstalling it didn't get rid of the bug.

Installing some other patches, I noticed that Preware will recognize these patches/app as installed if I install them now, but for any patches/apps that were installed before, these are not recognized.
  8.    #1188  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I am running Preware 1.5.5 on a Sprint Pre 2, and Preware is having problems recognizing previously installed apps/patches. Right now, it's only listing four installed packages, which are two apps I downloaded from the catalog, along with a homebrew app and Preware, all of which I installed today. This problem appeared today, and I installed Preware again from Preware after noticing that I didn't have the latest version, but reinstalling it didn't get rid of the bug.

Installing some other patches, I noticed that Preware will recognize these patches/app as installed if I install them now, but for any patches/apps that were installed before, these are not recognized.
    Run the ERU.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I have the same issue. I used the same meta doctor on 2 pre's. One of them does have the issue, one doesn't. Is there a solution without doctoring again?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10.    #1190  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    I have the same issue. I used the same meta doctor on 2 pre's. One of them does have the issue, one doesn't. Is there a solution without doctoring again?
    The latest meta-doctor scripts do not attempt to auto-install preware, due to issues like this. Use the latest meta-script and then install preware using palm-install afterwards.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hey!

In reference to the 1.5.5 update's Changelog:

"Added support for Visibility feed value" (to hide the stubs)

I've, personally, come to rely on the stubs being there. Although, yes, it's kind of annoying seeing patches that aren't "available", I used them as "reminders". This way that when ever I pull the feed list in, I don't have to dig through the list to see if something I'm looking for was updated yet. There's simply an "update" or there's not. No digging through the list to see what real or not, the Package Manger does it for me.

Is it possible to make this an option instead of hiding them all together?

It also could come down to the User as well. When I was still on 1.4.5, I simply added a filter "Unavailable" in the "Category" to mask out all the stubs for 2.* that I didn't want to bother seeing. This did the same thing as your "hard" making them. So it already was (kinda of) an option, but now we can't go back to the old behavio(u)r at all.

Thank you.

M.
    Hi Rod,

I have just tried version 1.5.5 and the fix for intranets is working fine. Thank you.

That said, I would suggest maybe putting a "Cancel" button during the feed update, as it can take very long if you forgot to turn off the Internet feeds.

Anyway, thank you for the fix
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Run the ERU.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod, that did it.
    Hi,

there are two apps in Preware which I simply can't get installed: FFPlayer and PreVPNc.

Both show exactly the same behaviour when I try:

I tap "Install", and the "Transferred" value climbs until it reaches 947/947, then I'm left with that value, "Time left: --:--:--" and "Transfer Speed: value when 947 was reached", until I dismiss Preware.

What's going wrong, here? (Pre+, 1.4.5, O2 Germany, tried to install occasionally in several Preware versions - currently 1.5.5)

Kind Regards,

Jochen
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'm having a strange issue with Preware. I upgraded to 2.1.0 on my VZW Pre+ and installed Preware. No real problems of note.

I haven't figured out what causes it, but when I run Preware, the list of Available Applications->All presents me with a blank screen (only see the bar at the top that says "Available Applications" and the dropdown category selector that says "ALL") and Preware becomes unresponsive. I can't do anything but minimize the card and close it. It doesn't happen every time, but at least 50%. Any ideas?

Update: If I turn off the Palm Catalog feed, the problem doesn't seem to occur. However, I like to use Preware to do all my app browsing (blacklist, full timeline, etc.)

EDIT: Running Preware 1.5.4, VZW Pre+, webOS 2.1.0 (profile and device info), all standard Preware feeds, plus kernel testing feed
    Last edited by GHT; 03/08/2011 at 04:27 PM.
    i'm having a strange issue with prepared 1.5.5 where it no longer shows all the feeds. For instance it used to show 11 kernels from the kernels feed and the testing feed. Now it only shows 2 testing kernels and the recovery kernel and non of the others. It still has those feeds enabled though.
    you need to add the testing feed from the wiki page. that will bring back all the kernal. I just use Uber Kernal still on my pre minus and it runs 2.1 great
  18. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I'm having a strange issue with Preware. I upgraded to 2.1.0 on my VZW Pre+ and installed Preware. No real problems of note.

I haven't figured out what causes it, but when I run Preware, the list of Available Applications->All presents me with a blank screen (only see the bar at the top that says "Available Applications" and the dropdown category selector that says "ALL") and Preware becomes unresponsive. I can't do anything but minimize the card and close it. It doesn't happen every time, but at least 50%. Any ideas?

Update: If I turn off the Palm Catalog feed, the problem doesn't seem to occur. However, I like to use Preware to do all my app browsing (blacklist, full timeline, etc.)
    I can keep the Palm Catalog feed active if I use the "List of Everything" option rather than "Available Applications". I guess that will work for me, but I'd really like to know if there is something wrong with my Preware installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by spy2520 View Post
    i'm having a strange issue with prepared 1.5.5 where it no longer shows all the feeds. For instance it used to show 11 kernels from the kernels feed and the testing feed. Now it only shows 2 testing kernels and the recovery kernel and non of the others. It still has those feeds enabled though.
    fixed in 1.5.6.
    Previously in Preware, if you had Installed Available set to No, it would still show apps you had installed if they had been updated. Now it doesn't. It will still show them in the Package Updates section. Didn't know if this was meant to be the new behavior.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM