Page 6 of 86 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    FYI,
    Im on Sprint 1.4.1.1, Preware 1.0. I am unable to install Luna Manager because it is looking for package manager. Has anyone else had this issue?
    I wanted to do a Doctor on my phone because I was having other issues, so this is happening on a fresh clean phone. Hopefully this is an issue that can be fixed shortly.
    Luna Manager functionality is now incorporated into Preware (see the menu).

We'll update Luna Manager so that it does not depend on the now superceded Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, for those with command line access, I have an even simpler test case:

1) Restart Luna
    2) Open the phone dialpad
    3) Open your email
    4) Access the device command line
    5) luna-send -n 1 luna://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan '{}'
    6) Watch the phone and email windows disappear

So, I can reproduce this webOS bug without even starting Preware now.

I think that proves that it is not a Preware bug.

Note that it will only happen on the first rescan after a luna restart.

-- Rod
    Wow.

So what does this mean for users until the bug is fixed? Should we reboot after any install? Restart luna? Just live with it?

I've had a feeling for a while now that the phone gets goofy after any install. This rescan bug could be why, but I also have encountered times when it gets laggy and sometimes eventually reboots after an install. That seems to be a different than just closing out phone/email.
    Luna Manager functionality is now incorporated into Preware (see the menu).

We'll update Luna Manager so that it does not depend on the now superceded Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    I see that Luna Manager is incorporated into Preware now, but I personaly like the stand alone option. With it I can restart Luna if necessary and not have to load preware and scan all the feeds.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

1) Restart Luna
    2) Open the phone dialpad
    3) Open your email
    4) Access the device command line
    5) luna-send -n 1 luna://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan '{}'
    6) Watch the phone and email windows disappear

So, I can reproduce this webOS bug without even starting Preware now.

-- Rod
    It happens to me as well... and I want to include the Messaging.app as it closed as well when I did the Luna rescan.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    I see that Luna Manager is incorporated into Preware now, but I personaly like the stand alone option. With it I can restart Luna if necessary and not have to load preware and scan all the feeds.
    Luna Manager 0.0.5 is released.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorx View Post
    It happens to me as well... and I want to include the Messaging.app as it closed as well when I did the Luna rescan.
    I suspect it may affect all of:

com.palm.app.phone
    com.palm.app.email
    com.palm.app.calendar
    com.palm.app.messaging
    com.palm.app.contacts
    com.palm.app.camera

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.

-- Rod
    Wow, this is pretty interesting. I followed your instructions above (the one's I removed from this post) and things happened exactly like you said they would. I'm on Sprint Palm Pre, WebOS v. 1.4.1.1.

Since I'm at work and I do some software testing here, I thought they wouldn't mind my testing my phone's OS! ha ha!!!!
    yay for preware
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    yay for preware
    And for WebOS Quick Install which allowed for my easily accessed Linux Command Line!!
    confirmed the steps with commandline

GSM Pre 1.4.1
    Rod,

I too am having the same issues as "mlepore" was with PreWare. I can open it and look at apps, but cannnot update any apps or install themes - gives the IPKG error that I posted in the Preware 1.0 thread. The main thing that was mentioned was the use of GNU PAtch and DIFFSTAT. I have GNU Patch installed it shows, but not DIFFSTAT. So I went into Preware to install....it gives me a blank screen then 4 theme looking box icons. This locks up Preware and only thing I can do is go in and out of card view to swipe it off the screen.

The message given in the small text under the update circle is:

"Download/Installing (offline root mode: not running [feed line here with name of patch])"

then gives an IPKG log error like this one:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-overwrite install /media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.4c16a29154_1.2.5_all.ipk 2>&1
    Begin installation of com.prethemer.themes.4c16a29154
    Installing com.prethemer.themes.4c16a29154 (1.2.5) to root...
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for com.prethemer.themes.4c16a29154:
    org.webosinternals.diffstat

hopefully there is just something I am missing that can be resolved without the doctor.

UPDATE: It let me install Luna Manager, and Save/Restore apps, but then crashed again when trying to look at Diffstat
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 05/13/2010 at 09:21 AM.
    One needs to install "Diffstat" using WOSQI ...
    Themes would install fine after its installation.
    Confirmed. I followed steps 1-20 and reproduced the problems. Sprint with 1.4.1.1.

I had only noticed the email problem a couple of times, so this had not been a big problem for me. Hope you find a solution.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 05/13/2010 at 09:55 AM.
    OK, I think I've now got a repeatable test case for one of the problems that has been hounding Preware users.

... snip ...
    I can confirm that this happens on my Sprint Palm Pre with webOS 1.4.1.1. Also, everyone should re-run these tests with the "JsTop" application running. After an application install/remove and/or PreWare exit (I don't remember which), a whole bunch of standard webOS processes disappear from the JsTop list. Interesting anamoly!
    Please report if you are able to follow steps 1 to 20 exactly and reproduce the problem in both the positive and the negative forms.

If you can't follow instructions precisely, please don't try. We will have enough other people who can to confirm or deny the procedure.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    Hi Rod, I was able to reproduce your steps perfectly, it did work just as intended, the hangs and everything

Now, after finishing the test, I opened the browser (it hang), I closed it, reopened it to report, turned the Pre off, and Luna restarted

This was done on a 1.4.0 Telcel (GSM) Pre.

Hope this helps somehow
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Luna Manager 0.0.5 is released.

-- Rod
    When I open Preware it shows that I have an update for Luna Manager. When I attempt to update it says I also have to also install the Package Manager Service. If I try to update, it will try downloading the package manager service to no avail. I'm
    running Preware 1.0. Resetting the phone hasn't helped so far.
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by eflat View Post
    When I open Preware it shows that I have an update for Luna Manager. When I attempt to update it says I also have to also install the Package Manager Service. If I try to update, it will try downloading the package manager service to no avail. I'm
    running Preware 1.0. Resetting the phone hasn't helped so far.
    Uninstall Luna Manager, Update Feeds, Reinstall Luna Manager.

-- Rod
    did everything short of dring the phone. Weather windows back to norm. Luna instals fine but call duration in call log has a dependancy on package mgr service.

I also verified the test and that the call terminates a tonne of processes when looking at jstop. I believe that is the source of a magority of our woes, with patches and programs.
    glad you found the issue with the OS...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Uninstall Luna Manager, Update Feeds, Reinstall Luna Manager.

-- Rod
    Thanks!
    I was able to reproduce steps 1-20.