Page 59 of 86 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Deleted Preware on my newly Dr.'d Sprint with 2.1.0 and now I can't for the life of me get it re-installed. I tried with WOSQI through the feeds, it's not even there. I tried WOSQI through the installer, it finished as if it installed, but it's not on my Pre. I ran the installer.exe, it said it installed, but it's not on my Pre. I also tried the installer.jar, and same results. All of the above were followed by full reboot, to no avail!!! What else can I try?!?!?
  2.    #1162  
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    Deleted Preware on my newly Dr.'d Sprint with 2.1.0 and now I can't for the life of me get it re-installed. I tried with WOSQI through the feeds, it's not even there. I tried WOSQI through the installer, it finished as if it installed, but it's not on my Pre. I ran the installer.exe, it said it installed, but it's not on my Pre. I also tried the installer.jar, and same results. All of the above were followed by full reboot, to no avail!!! What else can I try?!?!?
    I personally use the official Palm SDK and palm-install to install Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    "Install" the Emergency Reconstruction Utility found:

Available Other --> Linux Application --> Utilities

M.
    I had to do a partial erase of my Pre last night to fix a Calendar problem which worked! I had an updated Saved Package List and Save/Restore data. After recovering everything a few patches that are installed are missing from my Installed Preware list such as Ubercalendar and Advanced System Menus. UC was not installed from Preware since I am running the 38-4 test version.

I ran Emergency Reconstruction Utility and update Feeds (twice), but those patches are still not appearing as installed.

Any suggestions?

thanks
    Scott

ps: Running 1.4.5 on a Pre+ on ATT.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I am having an issue with Preware in WebOS 2.1 on a Meta Doctored Sprint Pre. The device reports WebOS 2.1, Preware sees it that way as well. I am able to get the testing Kernel without issue. However the problem is Preware wants to keep updating Luna Manager. I update it and Preware is good. Then upon next launch of Preware it wants to update it again. I ran "Emergency Reconstruction Utility" just to make sure it wasn't an issue of incorrect reporting of what was installed. Preware was installed via Palm-Install.
    It looks like a few Palm Web Feed apps are missing from the Preware web feed list including the one I just published this week (Music Player (Remix) Web Feed Edition). Is there a known issue with the web feed?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It looks like a few Palm Web Feed apps are missing from the Preware web feed list including the one I just published this week (Music Player (Remix) Web Feed Edition). Is there a known issue with the web feed?
    I was having this issue too about 30 minutes ago. They're back and working fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I was having this issue too about 30 minutes ago. They're back and working fine now.
    It's still missing from the Palm Web feed in Preware.
  8.    #1168  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It's still missing from the Palm Web feed in Preware.
    Check LumberJack as Preware loads the feed. A number of packages have Description data which chokes the native JSON parser. Those packages get dropped.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    I am having an issue with Preware in WebOS 2.1 on a Meta Doctored Sprint Pre. The device reports WebOS 2.1, Preware sees it that way as well. I am able to get the testing Kernel without issue. However the problem is Preware wants to keep updating Luna Manager. I update it and Preware is good. Then upon next launch of Preware it wants to update it again. I ran "Emergency Reconstruction Utility" just to make sure it wasn't an issue of incorrect reporting of what was installed. Preware was installed via Palm-Install.
    Can anyone help? It is still doing this with every launch of preware. I guess it won't matter since I will be doctoring again this weekend with the new meta scripts, just wanted to try and troubleshoot. I didn't see any sort of error with lumberjack.
    I have tried to get preware to show all of my installed apps. It only shows the ones I have recently downloaded. I deleted preware and installed it again. Still the same issue plus it shows all patches instead of the ones just for Pre 2 as it did before.
    Any suggestions on how to fix this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11.    #1171  
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    Can anyone help? It is still doing this with every launch of preware. I guess it won't matter since I will be doctoring again this weekend with the new meta scripts, just wanted to try and troubleshoot. I didn't see any sort of error with lumberjack.
    I suspect you have a testing version of it in your saved package list, but don't have the testing feed enabled.

-- Rod
  12.    #1172  
    [QUOTE=dabombcra;2896215]I have tried to get preware to show all of my installed apps. It only shows the ones I have recently downloaded. I deleted preware and installed it again. Still the same issue plus it shows all patches instead of the ones just for Pre 2 as it did before.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

Run the ERU.

-- Rod
    [QUOTE=rwhitby;2896266][QUOTE=dabombcra;2896215]I have tried to get preware to show all of my installed apps. It only shows the ones I have recently downloaded. I deleted preware and installed it again. Still the same issue plus it shows all patches instead of the ones just for Pre 2 as it did before.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

Run the ERU.

-- Rod[/QUOTE]

Thank You, I will try the ERU

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Im trying to put preware on my doctored sprint pre. Everytime i try and open the palm-install it just opens and closes on me. I have the latest version of pdk. Not sure what i should do. I installed the 64-bit pdk and im running vista
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    broyshow, what command are you running? you should have your Pre connected and then from the command prompt you should type palm-install org.webosinternals.preware.ipk
    I have entered that command into my cygwin. But i think you mean i should enter it into the palm emulator from the pdk. thats my problem my. palm-install will not open for me. it just opens and than closes. But now im thinking its my firewall setup blocking java. Maybe thats why it wont run. I can get novacom to open either. What do you think?
    I doctored my Sprint again last night with the new 2.1.0 profile method and I've got Preware installed to the latest alpha version (1.5.4), along with the webos-internals testing feeds (I have version 1.3.5 of Save/Restore, so I know those are okay). However, I am unable to find a couple of apps in Preware now (namely, JSTop and Dr Battery) that I could find before.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Ever since re-doctoring my phone to 2.1 last night, I've had issues with Preware when I've had the palm-catalog feed turned on. When that feed is turned on, the "Complete," spinner never stops spinning. When it's turned off, everything works fine.

Preware's only once gotten past the spinner once with the catalog feed turned on. I've checked for duplicates, which has caused this problem for me in the past, but only have one palm-catalog feed listed.

Any ideas?
    Hey StevenX i have had the sampe problem. But you have the palm catalog so no reason to have it on in preware inless you really need it. I just turned it off
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broyshow View Post
    Hey StevenX i have had the sampe problem. But you have the palm catalog so no reason to have it on in preware inless you really need it. I just turned it off
    True, I just find Preware to be a nicer way to view the latest apps from all the feeds (beta, web, catalog and homebrew) at once, and tend to use it much more than firing up the Catalog.