Page 58 of 86 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Yes, Rod. Yes, yes, and yes. You are right!

My intention was to hand a tissue. Just helping to dry the tears.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts!

Regards

Carsten
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    For the past few days Preware v1.5.4 has been misbehaving for me. Going to Applications/All (4740), it will draw from 0-3 items and then freeze (I've waited as long as 20 minutes, no further activity, all I can do is choose another category from the pulldown in the header, but it doesn't redraw anything, or toss the card). I thought it might be a memory issue, so I rebooted, and I see the same thing right after a reboot. Going into a smaller category, say Games (1204), works fine. List Of Everything, which I would expect would have to be even larger than Applications/All by definition, works fine. Ye Olde Sprint Pre, webOs 1.4.5.
  3.    #1143  
    Run Lumberjack and look for error messages.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Now of course it starts working ...

Lumberjack finds a few exceptions logged by Preware similar to this:

Code:
    [2011-02-09 00:40:23] (Preware) Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.vocsh=
    opgames.chess): { "Type": "Application", "Category": "Games", "Title": "Adv
    anced Chess", "Icon": "http://www.precentral.net/sites/precentral.net/files
    /apps/icons/icon_325.png", "LastUpdated": "1279809000", "Homepage": "http:/
    /www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/advanced-chess", "License": "MIT License
     Open Source", "FullDescription": "
    Advanced Chess is a chess app by Mathias Eck. It is currently using
     the Stockfish or Glaurung chess engines, and has a compressed opening book.  This is in no way related to the other javascript "Pre Chess" app. It's a real binary chess engine with a javascript user interface.
     Source code can be found on the webos-internals git site.
    If you want to download the 10 meg opening book, you can do so from the prefs page.
    Release-Notes0.0.5 First PDK-Version FEN-GenerationPlugin Integration Poly
    more or less anyway, various parts may have been altered along the path from Lumberjack to Memos to email to thunderbird to View Message Source to pasting it here. In Lumberjack, as well as "less /var/log/messages", the logged message does appear to be truncated right after "Poly".

Exceptions are logged for com.vocshopgames.chess, com.palm.futurepr0n.batterymonitorplus, com.palm.app.brightnessunlinked, ca.canucksoftware.internalz, com.webosnerd.sdl-mille. But I can't see from any of those what the actual exception is. What's it complaining about? Nor can I tell whether these exceptions even matter.

Three of them have a double quote somewhere in the "Full Description". Can't find one in the fourth, so no definite correlation there.

I'll have to wait for it to fail again.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Got a hang. It populated 15 spots in the list. I can actually scroll the list up and down, but tapping an entry does nothing, nor does backswipe or attempting to change the category from All to something else. Lumberjack was doing a Follow at the time and printed nothing. /var/log/messages has nothing new.
    I am having problems installing Preware on my brother's Pixi (Sprint). Is this the forum where I should post the install.log?
    Quote Originally Posted by spreng View Post
    I am having problems installing Preware on my brother's Pixi (Sprint). Is this the forum where I should post the install.log?
    It's a great place to start, anyway! If you could attach that log to a reply, it'd get the ball rolling.

M.
    Thanks, I'll try to attach it here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks, I'll try to attach it here.

2/10/2011 9:54:53 PM Connecting to Novacom
    2/10/2011 9:54:53 PM Host: 127.0.0.1
    2/10/2011 9:54:53 PM Port: 6968
    2/10/2011 9:54:53 PM Connected!
    2/10/2011 9:54:54 PM Can read from stream
    2/10/2011 9:54:54 PM Reading data...
    2/10/2011 9:54:54 PM No devices found!
    2/10/2011 9:54:54 PM No response was returned!
    I think you don't have the phone in dev mode. Have you typed in the special code on the Pixi to enable it?

M.
    Yes, I entered the code, turned on Dev Mode and let the Pixi restart. Then I ran the standalone installer and got the message that no device was found.

Thanks for your help.
    Tried it again today, and it installed just fine. Never mind.
    I have the palm catalog feed enabled, but preware only shows 2608 apps. But I see everyone else talking about 4700+ apps? Why is my feed so small? (That's what she said...LOL)
    I have tons of patches installed and they seem to be working, but when my phone crashed and I had to reinstall Preware, now no patches are shown as installed. How do I fix this?
    Hey there. I'm a newbie in this webOS stuff and I decided to play around with webOS emulator and I could use some help, and here's my problem: downloaded and installed all webOS SDK stuff (1.4.5), installed and updated Preware (with Preware Installer, and not webOS QuickInstall) and everything went well. But I can't install apps through Preware. Patches, themes, everything works except apps. I've tried with different versions os webOS Doctor, different and fresh new OS images, reinstalling Preware, restarting, reseting and/or reloading everything and no luck. Everything works except for apps.

Is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: when I click "Install" nothing happens, btw. No errors, no nothing. Though it might be important.
    Last edited by lycosman; 02/14/2011 at 03:39 AM.
  15.    #1155  
    Quote Originally Posted by lycosman View Post
    Hey there. I'm a newbie in this webOS stuff and I decided to play around with webOS emulator and I could use some help, and here's my problem: downloaded and installed all webOS SDK stuff (1.4.5), installed and updated Preware (with Preware Installer, and not webOS QuickInstall) and everything went well. But I can't install apps through Preware. Patches, themes, everything works except apps. I've tried with different versions os webOS Doctor, different and fresh new OS images, reinstalling Preware, restarting, reseting and/or reloading everything and no luck. Everything works except for apps.

Is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: when I click "Install" nothing happens, btw. No errors, no nothing. Though it might be important.
    What apps have you tried? Note that PDK app catalog apps will never work on the emulator, cause it runs x86 code rather than arm code.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I have tons of patches installed and they seem to be working, but when my phone crashed and I had to reinstall Preware, now no patches are shown as installed. How do I fix this?
    "Install" the Emergency Reconstruction Utility found:

Available Other --> Linux Application --> Utilities

M.
    Tried it again today, and it installed just fine. Never mind.
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you all weekend...

I'm glad to hear you got it working, though. Do you know what the issue was?

M.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing a bit of a problem with Preware 1.5.4 today, after having updated my o2 UK Pre- to webOS 2.1.

Whenever I open Preware, the feeds load as normal, but whenever the "Complete," screen with the spinner comes up, it gets stuck on that screen. The Complete spinner spins forever

What have I done!?

EDIT: Solved by http://forums.precentral.net/2887036-post1179.html
    Last edited by StevenX; 02/26/2011 at 08:04 AM.
    preware is showing packages for 1.4.5 on my pre2.. is this normal???.. im thinking not as i cant see any 2.0 packages
    Never mind.. Restart fixed it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums