Page 57 of 86 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Hello,

I was in the middle of updating to the latest PreWare when I lost service and after about 10 min of nothing happening I decided that it froze and closed out of it. I went back in to do this once I had service and now everything but "installed packages" and "list of everything" is grayed out. I tried updating the feed and although it does do something for a bit, everything is grayed out and no numbers to the right. I have 1.5.1

Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin600 View Post
    Hello,

I was in the middle of updating to the latest PreWare when I lost service and after about 10 min of nothing happening I decided that it froze and closed out of it. I went back in to do this once I had service and now everything but "installed packages" and "list of everything" is grayed out. I tried updating the feed and although it does do something for a bit, everything is grayed out and no numbers to the right. I have 1.5.1

Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Have you tried restarting your device?
  3.    #1123  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Have you tried restarting your device?
    And if that doesn't work, run the ERU.

-- Rod
    i just recently got a new palm pre because i lost my old one and didnt have any problems with the software but with my new phone i downloaded preware on it and when i open it i just says error try restarting program or phone and i did both and it still keeps happening and same with webos QI i try to download the apps and it says i have invalid magic can anyone help?
    so....afyer the recent preware update preware won't open on my phone. just gets stuck at the loading feeds screen. would anyone happen to know why?
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwado View Post
    so....afyer the recent preware update preware won't open on my phone. just gets stuck at the loading feeds screen. would anyone happen to know why?
    It seems to me that ipkg.preware.org, where the feeds are located is down.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    It seems to me that ipkg.preware.org, where the feeds are located is down.
    Yea, preware & quick install are not pulling anything right now
    Back online now for me.
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it didn't show up in search. Whenever Preware is running (and especially when it's updating feeds), my Sprint Pre is very slow, almost to the point of being useless. Is this normal? If not, how can I avoid this? I've got Uberkernal running at 1000/500 screen state, if that makes any difference. Also, this is the second phone it's happened on.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanhooah View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it didn't show up in search. Whenever Preware is running (and especially when it's updating feeds), my Sprint Pre is very slow, almost to the point of being useless. Is this normal? If not, how can I avoid this? I've got Uberkernal running at 1000/500 screen state, if that makes any difference. Also, this is the second phone it's happened on.

I'm willing to bet you have the Theme feeds on, right? They are gigantic. Turn them off, unless you really do need to check for new themes every time you refresh the feed list.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I'm willing to bet you have the Theme feeds on, right? They are gigantic. Turn them off, unless you really do need to check for new themes every time you refresh the feed list.

M.
    Yup, sure enough. Thanks.
    Hello all,

I've been working to create a custom feed with small applications we have developed for the Palm in my company, so my coworkers can have easy access to our applications. I tried the feed at home and it worked perfectly fine, but preware doesn't load the feed inside our intranet. Looking a bit at the preware code, I discovered that the reason is that this check is made in the update-assistant.jsjsjs $file$:

Code:
    if (response && response.returnValue === true && response.isInternetConnectionAvailable === true)
    	{
    		var hasNet = true;
    	}
    As we are behind a proxy, the Pre thinks it has no internet connection, hence hasNet is false, and it doesn't even try to update the feeds, just loading the ones in the cache. I was wondering if this check is really necessary, as preware already throws an error if it can't connect to a server, and if there is any workaround other than modifying preware to not do that check.

Thanks in advance
  13.    #1133  
    There's no intention for Preware to be excluded from working in an intranet-only environment, so we'll take a look at how to allow this.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    For the last 3 days, I am able to load Preware, but clicking through to see all apps, I just get sent to a blank screen. No matter how long I let it sit there, the apps never load.

What can be the cause of this, anyone know?

Thx
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I have webos 1.4.5 on my pre and preware 1.5.4 on my phone trying to get the testing feeds working after adding the url in it and get this error. I have typed the url's in correctly. here is a snapshot of the error
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deftones24; 02/05/2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: forgot to add snapshot
  16.    #1136  
    You have not typed the URLs correctly.

-- Rod
    Yep! I got the same error, when I was new to the Pre and was trying to do it. You have a typo, just like Rod said.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    They are so rude...

Try ".../webos-internals/..." the next time.

HTH

Regards

Carsten
  19.    #1139  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    They are so rude...
    Using testing feeds and making typos (even after explicitly stating that the URLs were correct) are two things that when put together will always end in tears.

The ability to double check your typing is essential to being an effective alpha tester.

Now you know why we never believe anything anyone says (e.g. "the URLs are typed correctly" or "I'm using the latest version"), and always ask for proof in screenshots (which deftones24 correctly provided) or automatically generated email reports.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Every time I try to download something on preware It says its finished essentially but it keeps me at the downloading screen. I will try to get a screenshot up soon if you want it