Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Just an idea but is there a way similar to tweetme that when in preware if you forward swipe it will bring you back to the first screen? i think it would be very helpful
    thanks
    Just so you know Rod/oil/devs, the Preware 1.5.2 update *seems* to so far no longer exibit the funky behavio(u)r that I typed up a few posts back. When I tap an app and go back to list, even several times back-to-back, the apps list doesn't get all funkalated. It, so far, is keeping itself sorted properly.

Just an FYI!

M.
  3.    #1103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Just so you know Rod/oil/devs, the Preware 1.5.2 update *seems* to so far no longer exibit the funky behavio(u)r that I typed up a few posts back. When I tap an app and go back to list, even several times back-to-back, the apps list doesn't get all funkalated. It, so far, is keeping itself sorted properly.

Just an FYI!

M.
    Well, PreCentral fixed the dates in their feed at the same time, so I expect it will work perfectly on previous versions of Preware too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is anyone else having an issue with the "Update" saved package list not working in 1.5.2 ?.
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    Is anyone else having an issue with the "Update" saved package list not working in 1.5.2 ?.

What's not working? The Changelog that you read when you first loaded it after the update says they took out the notification banner that pops up at the bottom, if that's what you're referring to. I can't honestly say I understand why. It's a Good Thing to have feed back that it did something. Just my personal opinion, of course.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    What's not working? The Changelog that you read when you first loaded it after the update says they took out the notification banner that pops up at the bottom, if that's what you're referring to. I can't honestly say I understand why. It's a Good Thing to have feed back that it did something. Just my personal opinion, of course.

M.
    The .webosinternals.patches.packages file is not being updated.

I agree with you, I liked seeing the banner notification.

I agree with you, I liked seeing the banner notification.

I was just getting freeTether installed/setup/running on my GF's Pre and computer. It took 4 tries with a reboot before 3 and 4 to get all the feed lists to come in. I thought it was just her phone (she's just outside of Amish Country in PA and the signal isn't the greatest here...).

M.
  8.    #1108  
    That file is not related to the saved package list.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    For the Install Package Option, it won't work for patches right? i can't get it to install patches using an address, i need to use WEBOSQI to install patches not in preware right now
  10.    #1110  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    For the Install Package Option, it won't work for patches right? i can't get it to install patches using an address, i need to use WEBOSQI to install patches not in preware right now
    You should submit the patch to webOS-Patches Web Portal, where it will be packaged into an ipkg file and submitted to the webos-patches feed so that everyone can install it using Preware.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should submit the patch to webOS-Patches Web Portal, where it will be packaged into an ipkg file and submitted to the webos-patches feed so that everyone can install it using Preware.

-- Rod
    sure, i didn't write the patch tho.
    it's
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-control.html

i can happly submit it if it's all good.

Chris
  12.    #1112  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    sure, i didn't write the patch tho.
    it's
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-control.html

i can happly submit it if it's all good.

Chris
    Since all patches posted in the PreCentral Patches forum are automatically licensed with the MIT Open Source License, anyone can submit them.

However, you should check with the author of the patch by posting your intention to submit the patch in the thread, thereby giving the author a chance to do it themselves instead.

In either case, you should credit the original author of the patch when you submit it, and include the link to the thread for support.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    Does Preware at any point show the user what files each patch installs and modifies? It'll help me resolve conflicts much more easily.

Why don't the error messages fit into the screen view? It's very annoying hat I have to horizontal scroll to find the relevant part of the IPKG Log

I asked this almost 2 months ago and was completely ignored The usability problems still remain.
  14.    #1114  
    I asked this almost 2 months ago and was completely ignored The usability problems still remain.
    Patches contributed from Mojo developers who know how to fix that are welcome ...

-- Rod

You can always mail the log to yourself and view it on a nice big desktop monitor, if you wish. The webOS email app lets you see the whole thing too.

M.
    Actually, It doesn't wrap on purpose.

Wrapping makes it all jumbled and harder to read.

And, the only way to view what files a patch creates or changes is to unpack the ipk and look at the patch file itself.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I hope this is the correct place to post this.

I don't know if this is a problem with my phone, or something else.

For about the last 4 days to a week, I have been getting an error nearly every time I run Preware. Its always the same error. When I get all the way through the boot process, when I tap on the links to see available apps, then click on all apps, the screen changes like the apps are about to display, but the list of apps never appear.

I have been able to update some homebrew apps in the last few days, that has worked. So I have the latest version of everything. I am running Preware v.1.5.3.

This does not seem to improve if I reboot the phone just before I run Preware, I seem to get about the same results.

The error happens like this:

While the feeds seem to be updating, at some point it crashes and more than a screen of information is dumped. I am unable to see all of this, just what is displayed when it is finished dumping is all I can see.

I took a screen shot of what I am able to see, it is attached.

Also, no matter if I click OK at the error dump or if I make it all the way through without any errors, Preware always tells me that it is not associated to open application packages (.ipk files) from email or web. I always answer yes and leave the slider showing yes to make Preware the active handler. I always get the same question the next time.

EDIT: Very interesting, this time when I got the error, I clicked ok at the bottom of the error dump, Preware continued like it always does, but usually, the list of apps is way low, like in the several hundreds, because it only got packages from testing feeds or Preware feeds or something. This time the full complement was there. END EDIT

Can anyone tell what's the matter?

Thanks so much for reading.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    This is the blank screen I get when I pick all apps. Back swipe does not work at ths point either, I have to close Preware to get out of the blank screen.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Well, still have no idea what those error screens mean, if it is my issue or was it caused by something else, but I ran Preware this AM and it worked perfectly.

Go figure.
    I'm having an issue with Preware and Save/Restore. When I load Preware up it tells me I have 2 updates. 1 for Preware to go from v1.5.0 to v1.5.1 and 1 from Save/Restore to go from v1.1.0 to v1.2.7. I doctored my phone after one of the kernels would not remove properly (tried to use the 1.005ghz kernel). Anyway, after the doctor I went and re-installed Preware and it's saying there's an update. I try and update, it seems to download, but when I re-open Preware it's back to the v1.5.0 (plus Save/Restore says the same thing).