Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    I am running Preware 1.5.0 on a north american unlocked Pre2 with webOS 2.0.1 and I get sorting errors when displaying the 'List of Everything' in Preware. If I want the list sorted by time, I get a list that flows like 'Older', 'Last Week', 'This Week' 'Older', 'This Month', etc with different apps or patches in each section. Sometimes, I can fix it by toggling to the A-Z view and then back, but sometimes not. Haven't found a pattern yet.

Any ideas or need any extra info posted here?
  2.    #1082  
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    I am running Preware 1.5.0 on a north american unlocked Pre2 with webOS 2.0.1 and I get sorting errors when displaying the 'List of Everything' in Preware. If I want the list sorted by time, I get a list that flows like 'Older', 'Last Week', 'This Week' 'Older', 'This Month', etc with different apps or patches in each section. Sometimes, I can fix it by toggling to the A-Z view and then back, but sometimes not. Haven't found a pattern yet.

Any ideas or need any extra info posted here?
    The upstream PreCentral feed is broken, and is presenting incorrect timestamps to Preware.

Can you reproduce it with the precentral and precentral-themes feeds turned off and update feeds?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The upstream PreCentral feed is broken, and is presenting incorrect timestamps to Preware.

Can you reproduce it with the precentral and precentral-themes feeds turned off and update feeds?

-- Rod
    Works fine with the PreCentral feeds off. Should've tried that before reporting. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

<snip>

-- Rod
    I've been reading on here that the PreCentral feeds have been broken for about a week or so. What's the deal and why isn't someone fixing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I've been reading on here that the PreCentral feeds have been broken for about a week or so. What's the deal and why isn't someone fixing it?

Are you being serious with this comment?

M.
  6.    #1086  
    Upstream means that I can't fix it.

PreCentral has fixed it in general.

A few packages (Jason's in particular) need to be adjusted to match the upstream changes. Again, I can't fix those myself either.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Are you being serious with this comment?

M.
    Yes I was serious. I'm not calling anyone out or demanding it be fixed, I was just curious. Saying "it's a problem with PreCentral Feeds" is vague.
  8.    #1088  
    Yes I was serious. I'm not calling anyone out or demanding it be fixed, I was just curious. Saying "it's a problem with PreCentral Feeds" is vague.
    Well, your statement seemed to assume that no-one was fixing it, when in fact at least four people were working on getting it fixed (and in the holiday season).

Perhaps read your original post again, putting yourself in the shoes of someone taking time out from their family at Christmas to deal with an unplanned upstream change for a free service provided to the webOS community, and think about how you might perceive the words you wrote ...

-- Rod
    Hey!

For a couple days now, Preware has been telling me that there's a couple Palm Catalog updates (Fall-E and Spaz right now) that supposedly have updates. The Catalog says there are no updates.

Preware: 1.5.1

Fall-E: I have 1.3.359

Preware says: 1.3.380

Spaz: I have 2.0.1

Preware Says: 2.0.2

Fall-E just popped up today, but Spaz popped up yesterday morning.

Is there something wrong with the app catalog?

Sprint Pre- (silver button)
    webOS: 1.4.5
    Registered in US

P.S.
    Preware (on my phone anyway) is still having issues. Not a big deal, I just didn't know if anyone was aware since the tweet went out a few days back saying everything's back to normal (if I read it right).

M.

########################
    # EDIT: everything in
    # /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/
    #

arch.conf:
    arch all 1
    arch any 6
    arch noarch 11
    arch arm 16
    arch armv7 21
    arch castle 26

optware.conf:
    src/gz optware Index of /feeds/optware/all/
    src/gz optware-armv7 Index of /feeds/optware/armv7/

palm-beta.conf:
    src/gz palm-beta Index of /feeds/palm-beta/

palm-beta-updates.conf:
    src/gz palm-beta-updates Index of /feeds/palm-beta-updates/

palm-catalog.conf.disabled:
    src/gz palm-catalog Index of /feeds/palm-catalog/

palm-catalog-updates.conf:
    src/gz palm-catalog-updates Index of /feeds/palm-catalog-updates/

palm-web.conf:
    src/gz palm-web Index of /feeds/palm-web/

palm-web-updates.conf:
    src/gz palm-web-updates Index of /feeds/palm-web-updates/

precentral.conf:
    src/gz precentral Index of /feeds/precentral/

precentral-themes.conf.disabled:
    src/gz precentral-themes Index of /feeds/precentral-themes/

prethemer.conf.disabled:
    src/gz prethemer http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/preware/themes

webos-internals.conf:
    src/gz webosinternals Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all/
    src/gz webosinternals-armv7 Index of /feeds/webos-internals/armv7/

webos-kernels.conf:
    src/gz webos-kernels Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/1.4.5/

webos-kernels-testing.conf:
    src/gz webos-kernels-testing Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.5/

webos-patches.conf:
    src/gz webos-patches Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.4.5/

webos-testing-all.conf:
    src/gz webos-testing-all Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/

webos-testing-armv7.conf:
    src/gz webos-testing-armv7 Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 12/31/2010 at 07:40 AM.
    Yeah my preware is doing the same. But if I enter 'Applications Available' then 'All', the list is ordered correctly till I click on one of the apps. But when I return to the 'All' list with back gesture, it is jumbled up.

I did find a fix of sorts. If I return to the 'Available Applications' list with back gesture and click 'All' and do the same again. It returns to being properly ordered again.

Sorry if this seams long winded. Not easy to explain in words lol!
  11.    #1091  
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    Yeah my preware is doing the same. But if I enter 'Applications Available' then 'All', the list is ordered correctly till I click on one of the apps. But when I return to the 'All' list with back gesture, it is jumbled up.

I did find a fix of sorts. If I return to the 'Available Applications' list with back gesture and click 'All' and do the same again. It returns to being properly ordered again.

Sorry if this seams long winded. Not easy to explain in words lol!
    The problem is in the upstream PreCentral feed. If you disable that feed, you will notice that everything is back to normal.

I'm working with PreCentral on the issue. It's a result of their change of CMS backend.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The problem is in the upstream PreCentral feed. If you disable that feed, you will notice that everything is back to normal.

I'm working with PreCentral on the issue. It's a result of their change of CMS backend.

-- Rod

This is worth pointing out: Preware LOADS the feed fine. The above screen shot I took was *after* tapping an app, then back-swiping back to the list. For a second or two the main apps list is actually fine, then it quick jumps to what you see above. Again, after the feed update, the list is fine (for me...).

M.
  13.    #1093  
    This is worth pointing out: Preware LOADS the feed fine. The above screen shot I took was *after* tapping an app, then back-swiping back to the list. For a second or two the main apps list is actually fine, then it quick jumps to what you see above. Again, after the feed update, the list is fine (for me...).

M.
    Yep, the problem is in the feed contents being published by PreCentral. The dates are broken, which causes weirdness when sorting by date.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yep, the problem is in the feed contents being published by PreCentral. The dates are broken, which causes weirdness when sorting by date.

-- Rod

I do understand what the issue is (and am aware you have zero control over it), I just wanted to point out that to make the list messed up, it takes:

Main screen --> Available Applications (apps list loads fine here) --> Tap any app --> back-swipe. That is when the list is messed up, not the initial load.

I'l shut up if this is a known issue.

M.
    I do understand what the issue is (and am aware you have zero control over it), I just wanted to point out that to make the list messed up, it takes:

Main screen --> Available Applications (apps list loads fine here) --> Tap any app --> back-swipe. That is when the list is messed up, not the initial load.

I'l shut up if this is a known issue.

M.

Well, it's making a liar out of me now. It was acting like this just this morning (past few days in total). I dunno.

M.
    my preware keep showing me an update for preware to 1.5.1 i pressed update, preware close but when i open preware show me again the same update!!! .. some help here please
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    my preware keep showing me an update for preware to 1.5.1 i pressed update, preware close but when i open preware show me again the same update!!! .. some help here please

Two things:

What version does it say you have installed?

Mail yourself the IPKG log, then paste it here.

M.
    Two things:

What version does it say you have installed?

Mail yourself the IPKG log, then paste it here.

M.
    i have the 1.5.0!!.. how do i get the IPKG log?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i have the 1.5.0!!.. how do i get the IPKG log?

Hmmm... Ya know what, I don't know if you can! Because when Preware updates, it closes itself so you don't have the chance to go into the app menu and get it.

Rod?

M.
    1.5.1 update said added support for optware testing feeds!!! but the update keep showing and showing!