Page 52 of 86 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    I installed the SDK, Web OS Quick installer, etc. But when I click on the link for Prewar, I get about 1500~2000 lines of jibberish text. - Probably something obvious?? -Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by akienmaciain View Post
    After the last OTA OS update, all my packages and stuff updated with preware, as they should... But the next time I ran preware, and updated things that had updates since the OS update... I got this:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.prerm 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/$palmInitFramework338$.$js$
    |index 2db731c..52e9eb5 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored

I'm pretty computer literate in general, but almost not at all literate with linux. I can tell that this is an error, but not only don't I understand what I should do, even more galling to me is I don't really understand what this means or even where to go to learn about it.

I'd love to not only know what to do, but what has happened... What this means... So I can figure it out myself next time. (This did happen to me once before with a different patch and I eventually doctored my phone because of it... but there must be a better way.)

Help? Thanx!

1) Update feeds from the menu
    2) Restart preware
    3) restart phone
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    That's weird, this morning I opened Preware and it crashed my Pre, when I rebooted and restarted it, all my preferences had been reset.

As a matter of fact, after further testing, everything on my phone with preferences has been reset! Govnah, the App Catalog (had to accept the terms of agreement again), Spaz, in general anything I have to log into, but thankfully not my VBA and SuperSNES saves!
    Last edited by Zen00; 10/15/2010 at 08:16 AM.
    Used EPR and the patch list in Preware. Fixed. Tho the patch list in preware had wound up with multiple entries for some of the patches, and just spun forever when it got to the dupes. saved new list, so it shouldn't happen again.
    i had preware on my palm pre im trying to download it back but it said error , cant find the preware also said update ipkg how do i fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by hector724 View Post
    i had preware on my palm pre im trying to download it back but it said error , cant find the preware also said update ipkg how do i fix this?
    Is your phone in developer mode and just charge? Do you have the correct, current doctor version in your computer?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Chaps, I seem to have a problem with my Preware...

the 'Installed Packages' list only shows 7 packages where I have many more. For example, it doesn't even show the Sconix's Advanced Launcher patch which I know is still installed. Sadly, even my 'Saved Package List' shows the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Application
    Save/Restore
    Space Beta
    TuneIn by Radio Time
    Quote Originally Posted by Linux Application
    GNU Patch
    Lsdiff
    UnZip
    Zip
    in terms of diagnosis, I have been saving a lot with 'Save/Restore' (due to installing Sconix's excellent patches) and I did try to instal the 'Advaced Config System Preferences' around the time it went pear-shaped.

Any suggestions?
  8.    #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_K View Post
    Chaps, I seem to have a problem with my Preware...

the 'Installed Packages' list only shows 7 packages where I have many more. For example, it doesn't even show the Sconix's Advanced Launcher patch which I know is still installed. Sadly, even my 'Saved Package List' shows the same.

in terms of diagnosis, I have been saving a lot with 'Save/Restore' (due to installing Sconix's excellent patches) and I did try to instal the 'Advaced Config System Preferences' around the time it went pear-shaped.

Any suggestions?
    Have you used WebOS Quick Install or Internalz recently?

Run the Emergency Reconstruction Utility, then updated your saved packages list.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Have you used WebOS Quick Install or Internalz recently?

Run the Emergency Reconstruction Utility, then updated your saved packages list.
    No, I haven't used either!

I'll give the ERU a go. Thanks Rod!
    i got webos quick install 3.14
    If you haven't already, you might want to get in touch with Palm over the alarm issue described in this thread on the Palm Dev forums: Forums webOS • View topic - Bug in webOS 1.4 powerd - handles wakeup calls incorrectly

Enda posted in the thread that the Palm engineers believe that Preware is causing the issue. However they didn't provide any more details.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    If I include the Palm App Catalog feeds in Preware, they seem to take forever to download. Other feeds download much quicker. Is it Palm or Preware?

THanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    If I include the Palm App Catalog feeds in Preware, they seem to take forever to download. Other feeds download much quicker. Is it Palm or Preware?

THanks in advance.
    It's the overall success of webOS. There's thousands of apps in the App Catalog.

M.
    It's Preware, it can't access the App Catalog in the same way as the Palm app for it can, so it's slower.
    Im on step 10 of installing the preware i hit install after that error shows up then shortly after that connecting to device but nothing happens after that since that error window popped up
    Everything has been running fine but tonight I opened Preware to uninstall the patch that increases speaker volume (I just installed it & the earphone/bluetooth one a few days ago). When Preware finished opening, there were no "installed packages" listed.

I then went to Save Package List (where everything was listed) and hit "update," but then the list disappeared. Tried to hit Install, but nothing happened.

then did EPR with reboot, but no luck. All my patches are actually installed & working, but they are not listed.

any ideas? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Everything has been running fine but tonight I opened Preware to uninstall the patch that increases speaker volume (I just installed it & the earphone/bluetooth one a few days ago). When Preware finished opening, there were no "installed packages" listed.

I then went to Save Package List (where everything was listed) and hit "update," but then the list disappeared. Tried to hit Install, but nothing happened.

then did EPR with reboot, but no luck. All my patches are actually installed & working, but they are not listed.

any ideas? Thanks!
    Do a complete reboot of the pre and open preware after that and see if that helps plus make sure your patches are installed since you ran EPR.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  18.    #1038  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post

any ideas? Thanks!
    Run the ERU.

BTW, I think you have an incorrect understanding of the function of the "Update" button in the Saved Packages List.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  19.    #1039  
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Luv View Post
    Im on step 10 of installing the preware i hit install after that error shows up then shortly after that connecting to device but nothing happens after that since that error window popped up
    Please post a screenshot of the error window.

Step 10 of what document or URL ?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Does Preware at any point show the user what files each patch installs and modifies? It'll help me resolve conflicts much more easily.

Why don't the error messages fit into the screen view? It's very annoying hat I have to horizontal scroll to find the relevant part of the IPKG Log