Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The issue there is that the web portal does not support patches against files that are not in the doctor. But we can handle them manually, and for prolific patch developers we can enable direct repository access to do this.

-- Rod
    Ok Thanks! I have to create a few more to be a prolific patch creator.
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I am still on 1.3.6 bec I cannot get Preware to load properly to do any updates, I get a long error. I have removed and re-downloaded 1.3.6 from here and still nothing. Is there supposed to be an update? Or did I miss more than one?

This has been ongoing now for a couple of weeks, I thought it was related to the Palm App store issues, but it has continued since. I haven't been able to update most of my patches since 1.4.5.
    Last edited by ame; 10/06/2010 at 08:33 PM.
    My dream request for Preware:

Feed "profiles", so instead of just a simple Y/N to update feeds on the initial scene, All/None/profile1/profile2/etc. And then you could have different profiles for different groups of feeds.

Just an idea don't know if it's been suggested before.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    My dream request for Preware:

Feed "profiles", so instead of just a simple Y/N to update feeds on the initial scene, All/None/profile1/profile2/etc. And then you could have different profiles for different groups of feeds.

Just an idea don't know if it's been suggested before.
    A feature like "Feed Profiles" would be awesome!

Also, not sure if this has been suggested before either, but I'd like to see a quick way back to the home scene when your buried deep in sub categories of the patches or apps instead of having to backswipe a number of times to achieve the same result. Maybe that could be added to the App Menu? Just a thought.

Let's see those feed profiles though!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    While certainly possible, we will be changing the way feeds are downloaded/parsed/stored in the future, which will make this a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Also, not sure if this has been suggested before either, but I'd like to see a quick way back to the home scene when your buried deep in sub categories of the patches or apps instead of having to backswipe a number of times to achieve the same result. Maybe that could be added to the App Menu? Just a thought.
    If its that much trouble, just relaunch the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    ...If its that much trouble, just relaunch the app.
    It's not really an issue, just thought if there was a quicker way to get back to the main scene, that's all. Although.... relaunching the app would take longer than the few backswipes now...

I have great appreciation and many thanks for everything you and the rest of WebOS-Internals crew have done! (Edit: and will do!)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Two questions and a comment on the 'return to Preware home' comment...

Q1. I'm running Preware 1.3.8 (I definitely have testing feeds ON, but don't know for sure if 1.3.8 is testing or regular version). In the last few versions, I'm seeing something that (I think) is a change in functionality or bug.

When I have package updates to install (after updating feeds - which I have set to ask, but I almost always say Yes) -- this morning I had 2 updates: Govnah and S/R. I tap 'install all' -- and Preware does. After installations, backswipe brings me back to Preware home page -- where the number 2 is still next to Package Updates. Tapping Package Updates does nothing - it just refreshes the home page. I thought in the past, after installing (all) updates, a return to the homepage showed "Install Updates" as grayed out, since all had been completed. As I said, i think it's been this way for the last few versions... but I don't recall when it started. Is this a bug or change in philosophy or is something wrong with my installation of preware? (Closing and restarting Preware - even without updating feeds - fixes the issue. Package Updates is appropriately grayed out). this isn't causing any problems, but I don't think I've seen it mentioned by anyone else.

Q2 - Is the "Install Package" function limited to just ipk's? I tried to navigate to a personalized patch this morning and it didn't see the .patch file to offer to install it. No problem if so, I know I have another on-device alternative to install the patch, but in general I'm trying to keep all of my installations to just the App Cat and Preware if possible.

Comment: It would be a nice-to-have addition to return to home with a gesture... (as proposed above). Is Forward swipe being used by Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Q1. I'm running Preware 1.3.8 (I definitely have testing feeds ON, but don't know for sure if 1.3.8 is testing or regular version). In the last few versions, I'm seeing something that (I think) is a change in functionality or bug.

When I have package updates to install (after updating feeds - which I have set to ask, but I almost always say Yes) -- this morning I had 2 updates: Govnah and S/R. I tap 'install all' -- and Preware does. After installations, backswipe brings me back to Preware home page -- where the number 2 is still next to Package Updates. Tapping Package Updates does nothing - it just refreshes the home page. I thought in the past, after installing (all) updates, a return to the homepage showed "Install Updates" as grayed out, since all had been completed. As I said, i think it's been this way for the last few versions... but I don't recall when it started. Is this a bug or change in philosophy or is something wrong with my installation of preware? (Closing and restarting Preware - even without updating feeds - fixes the issue. Package Updates is appropriately grayed out). this isn't causing any problems, but I don't think I've seen it mentioned by anyone else.
    I went through the same thing yesterday (installed updates for saverestore and govnah) and it worked correctly: After it finished, it brought me back to the main scene and package updates became grayed out.

There has been no change to that functionality for a very long time.

Do you have any logs? Or steps you have tested that will repeat what you have seen? Without any of that, there is nothing I can do for you but say "That's not supposed to happen."

Q2 - Is the "Install Package" function limited to just ipk's? I tried to navigate to a personalized patch this morning and it didn't see the .patch file to offer to install it. No problem if so, I know I have another on-device alternative to install the patch, but in general I'm trying to keep all of my installations to just the App Cat and Preware if possible.
    Preware installs packages, not patches. The only reason it is able to install patches from the feed, is those patches are packaged up into a standard ipk.

Comment: It would be a nice-to-have addition to return to home with a gesture... (as proposed above). Is Forward swipe being used by Preware?
    :/
    I went through the same thing yesterday (installed updates for saverestore and govnah) and it worked correctly: After it finished, it brought me back to the main scene and package updates became grayed out.

There has been no change to that functionality for a very long time.

Do you have any logs? Or steps you have tested that will repeat what you have seen? Without any of that, there is nothing I can do for you but say "That's not supposed to happen."
    No logs... Nothing really to test - because it's repeatable and happens every time for me for at least a couple of weeks. I'll watch over the next few days and see if there are any differences between when the available updates are homebrew apps, patches, or app cat apps. (but I think it's been 100% consistent, regardless of the package / feed). If you'd like me to capture any logs, let me know. Otherwise, since I'm clearly experiencing a local issue or corruption, I'll remove / reinstall preware to see if that fixes things. If not, I'll doctor. I'll let you know which of these resolves the issue.

Preware installs packages, not patches. The only reason it is able to install patches from the feed, is those patches are packaged up into a standard ipk.
    Thanks for this info.

:/
    Clearly, you're not a fan of this idea. I was just weighing in. Not a big deal one way or the other.

Thanks for your continued support and development. I have and will continue to show my appreciation to the organization!!
    No logs... Nothing really to test - because it's repeatable and happens every time for me for at least a couple of weeks. I'll watch over the next few days and see if there are any differences between when the available updates are homebrew apps, patches, or app cat apps. (but I think it's been 100% consistent, regardless of the package / feed). If you'd like me to capture any logs, let me know. Otherwise, since I'm clearly experiencing a local issue or corruption, I'll remove / reinstall preware to see if that fixes things. If not, I'll doctor. I'll let you know which of these resolves the issue.
    Yeah, get all the logs.
    I think I remember reading somewhere about the webos bug and Preware had the option to stop it. I am opening up my email, message app and it looks like it is the first time opened. What was the solution for this? I turned on the avoide webos bug in Preware but that doesn't help.
  12.    #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I think I remember reading somewhere about the webos bug and Preware had the option to stop it. I am opening up my email, message app and it looks like it is the first time opened. What was the solution for this? I turned on the avoide webos bug in Preware but that doesn't help.
    That preference option was the solution for Preware. Note that Internalz and WebOS Quick Install may or may not have the solution incorporated into those tools, so if you use either of those you should check with Jason too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ok so if I understand you correctly anytime I use internalz or webosqi that causes the issue as well. Thanks I will send Jason a message.
  14.    #1014  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Ok so if I understand you correctly anytime I use internalz or webosqi that causes the issue as well. Thanks I will send Jason a message.
    That depends whether Jason has used the work-around for the webOS bug in the versions of those tools that you are using. I know he was intending to do so at some stage, but I do not know whether the current versions have it or not. Both tools are closed source.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    ok I have one more question for some reason an app from the app catalog I installed (Sparkle) is constantly showing up in Preware. I have the beta, web, catalog and the updates for these set to off but I can't seem to get rid of the update. When I click on the update is shows 0bytes.
    When I go to app catalog it doesn't show an update available because one is not available.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Is it possible to display ratings when available from the palm catalog and palm beta catalog in the feeds in the preware? I would love to have App name, developer name, price and ratings for the display option.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    After the last OTA OS update, all my packages and stuff updated with preware, as they should... But the next time I ran preware, and updated things that had updates since the OS update... I got this:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.prerm 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/$palmInitFramework338$.$js$
    |index 2db731c..52e9eb5 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored

I'm pretty computer literate in general, but almost not at all literate with linux. I can tell that this is an error, but not only don't I understand what I should do, even more galling to me is I don't really understand what this means or even where to go to learn about it.

I'd love to not only know what to do, but what has happened... What this means... So I can figure it out myself next time. (This did happen to me once before with a different patch and I eventually doctored my phone because of it... but there must be a better way.)

Help? Thanx!
    I tried to follow the directions on: http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware to a "T"
    However, on my Preware menu, all i see are:
    Package Updates (none)
    Available Packages (1332)
    Installed Packages (18)
    List of Everything

...I was trying to find Themes, but noticed in the example, it had an option for that where as mine does not. Please help as this is aggrivating me. Thanks in advance BTW.
  19.    #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by blooskittle View Post
    I tried to follow the directions on: http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware to a "T"
    However, on my Preware menu, all i see are:
    Package Updates (none)
    Available Packages (1332)
    Installed Packages (18)
    List of Everything

...I was trying to find Themes, but noticed in the example, it had an option for that where as mine does not. Please help as this is aggrivating me. Thanks in advance BTW.
    Go into Preferences and select Show Available Types

Go into Manage Feeds and enable the Theme Feeds

-- Rod
    <3's rwhitby
    worked perfectly. Thanks.