Page 50 of 86 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #981  
    Quote Originally Posted by rattical View Post
    during update of internalz 1.3.3 which is now 1.3.4 it returns IPKG log error of 'the requested url error:404'...

    any update on fix?
    You are in the wrong forum.
    Internalz is part of Canuck Coding....you should post there.
  2. rattical's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #982  
    I am well aware of the relationship, however the URL redirect would most reasonably be on the end of WebOS Internals' servers...

    EDIT: used Neato link from the in P|C Home Brew Apps page for Internalz to install, problem solved!!
    Last edited by rattical; 09/24/2010 at 02:23 PM.
  3. #983  
    This is my first post, so patience please!

    I performed a partial erase of my Pre because my App Catalog update basket was not working. Every time I selected the update basket I would see the "My Applications" screen for a couple of seconds, then the blue screen stating "This action can not be completed. Try again later".

    After the partial erase I tried out the App Catalog update basket and it worked just fine. I then installed Preware after which I retested the update basket and I got the blue screen again.

    I deleted Preware off my device, retested the update basket and the problem was gone. Does anyone know what's going on here?

    Preware was installed on my device BEFORE the partial erase with no apparent problems, except that the update basket stopped working.
  4.    #984  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktaschetti View Post
    This is my first post, so patience please!

    I performed a partial erase of my Pre because my App Catalog update basket was not working. Every time I selected the update basket I would see the "My Applications" screen for a couple of seconds, then the blue screen stating "This action can not be completed. Try again later".

    After the partial erase I tried out the App Catalog update basket and it worked just fine. I then installed Preware after which I retested the update basket and I got the blue screen again.

    I deleted Preware off my device, retested the update basket and the problem was gone. Does anyone know what's going on here?

    Preware was installed on my device BEFORE the partial erase with no apparent problems, except that the update basket stopped working.
    What webOS version does your device have installed?

    -- Rod
  5. #985  
    Version 1.4.5
  6.    #986  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktaschetti View Post
    Version 1.4.5
    If you've done a partial erase, you should do a webOS Doctor too - I suspect you have some other change to the device which was not fixed by the partial erase.

    -- Rod
  7. #987  
    Yes, that's what I was thinking. I'll give that a try. Thanks.
  8. #988  
    Is there any reason why Internalz or FileMgr Service isn't showing up in Preware under "List of Everything?"

    I posted this thread in the Internalz forum but I'll copy and paste it here too.

    Not sure where the problem could be, that's why I'm posting in both forums.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    This is strange. I had Internalz version 1.3.3 and FileMgr Service version 1.1.8 installed. Preware showed no updates.

    So, I uninstalled Internalz and FileMgr Service and was going to re-install via Preware, checked under "List of Everything" and neither Internalz nor FileMgr Service shows up. I'm using Preware version 1.3.8. and it's set up to update feeds every launch. I have a Sprint Pre, webOS version 1.4.5.

    I have the following feeds enabled, all others are disabled:

    * Optware
    * Palm-web
    * Palm-web-updates
    * Precentral
    * webos-internals
    * webos-kernels
    * webos-patches

    One interesting note, before I uninstalled Internalz, it was showing up in Preware as an "unknown" installed package where before I believe it showed up under apps.

    I'm going to re-install using Neato but I was just curious why Preware doesn't see it.

    Edit: Thanks for the explanation in the Internalz thread, Rod!
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/24/2010 at 05:45 PM.
  9.    #989  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Is there any reason why Internalz or FileMgr Service isn't showing up in Preware under "List of Everything?"

    I posted this thread in the Internalz forum but I'll copy and paste it here too.

    Not sure where the problem could be, that's why I'm posting in both forums.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    This is strange. I had Internalz version 1.3.3 and FileMgr Service version 1.1.8 installed. Preware showed no updates.

    So, I uninstalled Internalz and FileMgr Service and was going to re-install via Preware, checked under "List of Everything" and neither Internalz nor FileMgr Service shows up. I'm using Preware version 1.3.8. and it's set up to update feeds every launch. I have a Sprint Pre, webOS version 1.4.5.

    I have the following feeds enabled, all others are disabled:

    * Optware
    * Palm-web
    * Palm-web-updates
    * Precentral
    * webos-internals
    * webos-kernels
    * webos-patches

    One interesting note, before I uninstalled Internalz, it was showing up in Preware as an "unknown" installed package where before I believe it showed up under apps.

    I'm going to re-install using Neato but I was just curious why Preware doesn't see it.

    Edit: Thanks for the explanation in the Internalz thread, Rod!
    There is a syntax error in the Internalz package metadata. Preware drops packages with syntax errors.

    Turns out it was caused by PreCentral temporarily giving a 404 error on the download of that package.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/24/2010 at 07:14 PM.
  10. #990  
    Interesting post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2678192


    Yellow Triangle error and Preware related??
    Ok...So I tried some troubleshooting, and tried disabling all the Preware feeds, and still yellow triangle error...tried enabling all feeds, and still error...tried enabling only the palm feeds, still error...tried disabling only the palm feeds and leaving others on, still error...tried disabling all but the palm catalog and catalog updates feeds, still error...restasted a couple times, still error...I once again uninstalled Preware using WebOSQI, and right after it uninstalled without restarting, and went straight to to the App Catalog to hit the shopping bag button, and bam, back to a normal!! I remembered that I had only updated Preware a just few days ago to the 1.3.8 version, which now seems like the culprit, at least on my end.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  11. #991  
    same issue here on palm pre & pixi, both with sprint. I don't understand how preware can be the culprit, but I think it is also.
  12. #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Interesting post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2678192

    Yellow Triangle error and Preware related??
    See this post in the Palm Developer forum.
  13. #993  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    See this post in the Palm Developer forum.
    Well this is what Unwiredben had to post

    OK, I got an update -- the catalog team has found the problem. The catalog server is throwing an error when encountering the ID of a non-catalog app, like one that's only homebrew or one installed while in development. This is documented as bug APPC-5415 and they're going to restore the old behavior of ignoring those apps soon.
    Makes sense to me and we should see a fix soon.
  14. #994  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you've done a partial erase, you should do a webOS Doctor too - I suspect you have some other change to the device which was not fixed by the partial erase.

    -- Rod
    I just did a webOS Doctor, reinstalled Preware, and still get the error. Is the cause the "catalog error" everyone is talking about?
  15.    #995  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktaschetti View Post
    I just did a webOS Doctor, reinstalled Preware, and still get the error. Is the cause the "catalog error" everyone is talking about?
    Yes, it's a Palm app catalog problem which they are going to fix as soon as possible.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #996  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Run "Emergency Reconstruction Utility".

    Available Other --> Linux Application --> Utilities


    M.
    I knew if I waited a whole day someone would ask the question and someone else would give a solution.

    Thanks guys
  17. #997  
    Rod, tobias funke mentioned something about setting up a feed and adding it to preware so I can add my custom patches. How would someone do something like this? I sent you a pm as well.
  18.    #998  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Rod, tobias funke mentioned something about setting up a feed and adding it to preware so I can add my custom patches. How would someone do something like this? I sent you a pm as well.
    The best way I know to add patches to a Preware feed is to submit them to patches.webos-internals.org - if you're going to add them to a feed anyway, why would you not contribute them so that everyone else gets to use them too?

    -- Rod
  19. #999  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The best way I know to add patches to a Preware feed is to submit them to patches.webos-internals.org - if you're going to add them to a feed anyway, why would you not contribute them so that everyone else gets to use them too?

    -- Rod
    Some of them are ones I would only use and I didn't want to clutter up Preware with the many different patches I created. Some of them changing the top bar and bottom pop up colors, just things that I would only probably be interested in. Another user stated he was doing something simililar to the request I made and I figured I would go to the source to see how to make it happen. Some patches I created aren't included in the doctor so I know those won't get approved.
  20.    #1000  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Some patches I created aren't included in the doctor so I know those won't get approved.
    The issue there is that the web portal does not support patches against files that are not in the doctor. But we can handle them manually, and for prolific patch developers we can enable direct repository access to do this.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions