Page 49 of 86 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Remove it.

Hold ORANGE and tap the icon and choose delete.

From there, follow the directions at:

install.preware.org

and you'll be back up and running in no time.

M.
  2. OrR
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    When I update installed packages, either by clicking update all or by updating the one single thing that needs an update, it goes back to the Preware home screen like it should. However, it still shows the original number of updates. (For example two apps needing an update.) If I tap on updates, it seems to load the list of things to update, realize it's empty and then goes back to the home screen where it still shows the original update count.

I've seen this bug three times now, once on 1.3.5 and twice on 1.3.6. I'm not sure if it happens only sometimes or always. It's difficult to reproduce because I don't have anything that needs an update most of the time.

When I restart Preware, the issue vanishes and the update count is at 0 again. Of course, every start of Preware includes updating the feeds etc. so that might be what fixes it. If it happens again, I'll try a manual feed update without closing Preware and see what happens.
    I had the same thing happen with Preware 1.3.7 twice now. It doesn't happen always, though. My impression is that it doesn't happen if I switch to another card during installation but that might be an illusion.
    Updating feeds fixes this.
    I'm on a German Pre on 1.4.5.
    I'm still getting apps from the future with Preware. They show up in Preware, but when it opens the Palm catalog to download the app, the catalog gives the error "This is not a valid webOS application". Usually if I wait till later in the day it will work, but it's still annoying to see stuff that I can't yet download.
  4.    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I'm still getting apps from the future with Preware. They show up in Preware, but when it opens the Palm catalog to download the app, the catalog gives the error "This is not a valid webOS application". Usually if I wait till later in the day it will work, but it's still annoying to see stuff that I can't yet download.
    We display what Palm publishes in their RSS feeds. We cannot tell whether the information they publish is correct or current. There is no public interface to the app catalogue to check either.

Note that the same thing happens with the official app catalogue client, so it's not just a Preware thing.

-- Rod
    I am running 1.4.5 on verizon pre plus. Before 1.4.5 I used to have a "saved package list", it used to be located right under "List of everything", however after 1.4.5 update its no longer there. Any ideas where it is or what to do to bring it back. Thanks for all the help.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I am running 1.4.5 on verizon pre plus. Before 1.4.5 I used to have a "saved package list", it used to be located right under "List of everything", however after 1.4.5 update its no longer there. Any ideas where it is or what to do to bring it back. Thanks for all the help.
    Check under the app menu when Preware is in focus. That's where I always find it.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    When I try to run the Preware Standalone Installer JAR file, the menu bar on my mac (leopard) changes to say IPKG Installer and then the application closes right away. Disconnect the pre, still no preware. ***?
    I have the Novacom, WebOS Doctor and WebOS quick install all in the same directory.
  9.    #969  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    This is just one of the reasons why reading the changelog when installing a new version of an app is very important.

-- Rod
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Check under the app menu when Preware is in focus. That's where I always find it.
    Thanks for rubbing it in

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This is just one of the reasons why reading the changelog when installing a new version of an app is very important.

-- Rod
  11. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Received my replacement phone yesterday. Installed preware and from there a couple of appa, but any patches I try to install fail with a 404 not found error in the IPK log. Is this a known issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Received my replacement phone yesterday. Installed preware and from there a couple of appa, but any patches I try to install fail with a 404 not found error in the IPK log. Is this a known issue?
    sometimes restarting phone, hitting update on feeds under menu and being close to your wifi router helps me.
    PreThemer Question / Wish List

I've made a few Boot Splash Screens over teh past few months (for myself, if others like 'em, that's cool).

*HOWEVER*

I just noticed last night how to properly make a boot screen theme on PreThemer (and not just use the standard theme thing to do it) and now my boot screens don't show up in Preware / PreThemer feeds.

My question is: Is there a separate feed for Boot Screens and/or can this be added to Preware?

The Wish List part of this is adding this feed for default installs.

M.
  14.    #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    PreThemer Question / Wish List

I've made a few Boot Splash Screens over teh past few months (for myself, if others like 'em, that's cool).

*HOWEVER*

I just noticed last night how to properly make a boot screen theme on PreThemer (and not just use the standard theme thing to do it) and now my boot screens don't show up in Preware / PreThemer feeds.

My question is: Is there a separate feed for Boot Screens and/or can this be added to Preware?

The Wish List part of this is adding this feed for default installs.

M.
    The PreThemer feed is wholely and totally controlled by PreThemer.com - Preware plays no part in the installation details of themes.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The PreThemer feed is wholely and totally controlled by PreThemer.com - Preware plays no part in the installation details of themes.

-- Rod

I've now posted the (reworded) question there. Thank you for the (as usual) timely response, but is this a Known Issue at least?

M.
    As of yesterday I started experiencing an issue where Preware was no longer recognizing the packages that I have installed on my phone. I have the most recent version that was released on 9/17 (1.3.8).

Everything was working fine until I downloaded and installed Natural Drums + Electronic Drums from the app catalog yesterday (which I've since removed). After that Preware was only recognizing that one app as installed and nothing else. Now that I've removed it Preware is not recognizing any of my installed packages and not even scanning the unknown packages any longer. Please let me know if this is something that can be corrected on my end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Preware is not recognizing any of my installed packages and not even scanning the unknown packages any longer. Please let me know if this is something that can be corrected on my end.
    Run "Emergency Reconstruction Utility".

Available Other --> Linux Application --> Utilities

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Run "Emergency Reconstruction Utility".

Available Other --> Linux Application --> Utilities

M.
    Thanks M, that resolved it. Two things:

1. I should have been able to figure that out myself, unfortunately it's too easy to be lazy about this stuff with the amazing help around here.

2. You guys are great and couldn't have made working with WebOS easier.
    Hic hic, I can't find neato code. What's neato code?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    during update of internalz 1.3.3 which is now 1.3.4 it returns IPKG log error of 'the requested url error:404'...

any update on fix?