Page 47 of 86 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #921  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Alright, I had this happen before and i couldnt get it back, today when I opened up preware it shows that I have nothing installed but the patches/themes/apps still show up on my phone, I had about 40 total packages installed. Any Ideas?
    Have you used WebOS Quick Install or Internalz to install anything recently?

Use the ERU to fix the problem.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Have you used WebOS Quick Install or Internalz to install anything recently?

Use the ERU to fix the problem.

-- Rod
    No I havent used WQI or internalz recently and I feel stupid for asking but ERU?

Actually yes, I did use WQI a couple days ago for MHS
  3.    #923  
    No I havent used WQI or internalz recently and I feel stupid for asking but ERU?

Actually yes, I did use WQI a couple days ago for MHS
    Is there a chance that you had a background App Catalog installation happening at the same time? WOSQI does not prevent that happening, and it is a known cause of your problem. If that's not the case, we need to debug further to find out what is causing it.

ERU is the Emergency Reconstruction Utility - find it in Preware.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    No, I didnt have any app catalog apps being installed during that time, should i just do the reconstruction?
  5.    #925  
    No, I didnt have any app catalog apps being installed during that time, should i just do the reconstruction?
    Yes.

Can you think of anything else unusual that you've down lately with respect to packages? Any unclean shutdowns or battery pulls? Any device hangs?

-- Rod
    Yes.

Can you think of anything else unusual that you've down lately with respect to packages? Any unclean shutdowns or battery pulls? Any device hangs?

-- Rod
    Battery pulls recently because of MHS overheating but after the reboot and running preware everything was there it was a couple days after that

BTW downloaded ERU how do I run it?
    Ok it all worked thanks rwhitby
    What world is that? What is the use case for the feature you are suggesting?

-- Rod
    The one that made PALM OS and WEB OS is counting on.

Basic functions like being able to beam an application to another device. etc. etc. etc
  9.    #929  
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten C View Post
    The one that made PALM OS and WEB OS is counting on.

Basic functions like being able to beam an application to another device. etc. etc. etc
    You'll need to be more specific with your answers, I still don't understand the use case you are promoting ...

I'm not aware of any legal way to transfer applications from the app catalog from one device to another, homebrew applications from Preware feeds can simply be downloaded to the other device using Preware, and beta versions from developers can be sent as direct ipk email attachments (no need for zip) or as a private custom feed.

Again, what use case are you referring to which is not covered by existing functionality?

-- Rod
    Is there a chance that you had a background App Catalog installation happening at the same time? WOSQI does not prevent that happening, and it is a known cause of your problem. If that's not the case, we need to debug further to find out what is causing it.

ERU is the Emergency Reconstruction Utility - find it in Preware.

-- Rod
    I tried to run ERU and I got a msg saying system adjustments must be bade before installation can continue. Restart required. When I restart it, nothing happens. I now cannot install anything from Pre-ware or the app catalogue. I also no longer see any patches that are available for download. My installed patches are all there and working fine. I had to use WQSI to install them back. The only two programs I've loaded in the last week were mode switcher and advanced launchers update (two programs that I love)
    Any ideas? I'm about ready to wipe it clean and just start over.
    Thanks
    Charles
  11.    #931  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    I tried to run ERU and I got a msg saying system adjustments must be bade before installation can continue. Restart required. When I restart it, nothing happens. I now cannot install anything from Pre-ware or the app catalogue. I also no longer see any patches that are available for download. My installed patches are all there and working fine. I had to use WQSI to install them back. The only two programs I've loaded in the last week were mode switcher and advanced launchers update (two programs that I love)
    Any ideas? I'm about ready to wipe it clean and just start over.
    Thanks
    Charles
    There is no such message "system adjustments must be made" coming from ERU or Preware.

Are you sure you ran ERU and not something else like EMH ?

-- Rod
    There is no such message "system adjustments must be made" coming from ERU or Preware.

Are you sure you ran ERU and not something else like EMH ?

-- Rod
    No, It's ERU I tried to run. But I'm not only getting it in Pre-ware. I am also getting it when trying to install from the app catalogue. Trying to take a screenshot now to post it here. I've never seen this message before a couple of days ago
    Charles
  13.    #933  
    No, It's ERU I tried to run. But I'm not only getting it in Pre-ware. I am also getting it when trying to install from the app catalogue. Trying to take a screenshot now to post it here. I've never seen this message before a couple of days ago
    Charles
    Did you recently upgrade from a webOS version earlier than 1.3.5 ?

-- Rod
    Did you recently upgrade from a webOS version earlier than 1.3.5 ?

-- Rod
    No, I've upgraded as they've rolled out. currently running 1.4.5
    I just rebooted the phone and it came up with that same message, so now I don't even think it has anything to do with installing apps. Gonna run WEBOSDoctor and see what happens
    Charles
  15.    #935  
    No, I've upgraded as they've rolled out. currently running 1.4.5
    I just rebooted the phone and it came up with that same message, so now I don't even think it has anything to do with installing apps. Gonna run WEBOSDoctor and see what happens
    Charles
    Yeah, at this point you're into the 'something weird is happening deep in webOS' territory, and webOS Doctor is your best shot at getting back to normality.

-- Rod
    Yeah, at this point you're into the 'something weird is happening deep in webOS' territory, and webOS Doctor is your best shot at getting back to normality.

-- Rod

I'm not sure if this is gonna work, but I've tried to attach a screenshot of the msg I'm getting.
    Charles
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not sure if this is gonna work, but I've tried to attach a screenshot of the msg I'm getting.
    Charles

Oh yeah, I did try WEBOSRepair but that didn't work. Next will be the doctor
    You'll need to be more specific with your answers, I still don't understand the use case you are promoting ...

I'm not aware of any legal way to transfer applications from the app catalog from one device to another, homebrew applications from Preware feeds can simply be downloaded to the other device using Preware, and beta versions from developers can be sent as direct ipk email attachments (no need for zip) or as a private custom feed.

Again, what use case are you referring to which is not covered by existing functionality?

-- Rod
    Existing functionality? I have a PRE and a PIXI I would like to be able to transfer data files and homebrew applications from my PRE to my PIXI there is nothing illegal about that. In addition, many applications can be downloaded on a trial basis and those I will also like to be able to beam to my PIXI. Simple picture, spreadsheet from work, etc … WHY simple first and foremost because I should be able to it is as simple as that. I was able to do that in my Treo’s, Centro’s with no problems. However, if you must have a good reason here it goes… Inside my home, the reception its really bad one bar if I am lucky so to access the internet via my PIXI I have to go outside, which is a pain. My PRE has WIFI so I can download things fast and should be able to beam them to my other device. It is a matter of user being able to do things (functionality ) that were already there (PALM OS) . The IPK function was there then it was removed and then added again eventually the other function will be added one way or another it is just logical. Now BESIDES CONTROL GIVE ME A GOOD REASON WHY WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS NOW.
    Thanks
  19.    #939  
    Existing functionality? I have a PRE and a PIXI I would like to be able to transfer data files and homebrew applications from my PRE to my PIXI there is nothing illegal about that. In addition, many applications can be downloaded on a trial basis and those I will also like to be able to beam to my PIXI. Simple picture, spreadsheet from work, etc … WHY simple first and foremost because I should be able to it is as simple as that. I was able to do that in my Treo’s, Centro’s with no problems. However, if you must have a good reason here it goes… Inside my home, the reception its really bad one bar if I am lucky so to access the internet via my PIXI I have to go outside, which is a pain. My PRE has WIFI so I can download things fast and should be able to beam them to my other device. It is a matter of user being able to do things (functionality ) that were already there (PALM OS) . The IPK function was there then it was removed and then added again eventually the other function will be added one way or another it is just logical. Now BESIDES CONTROL GIVE ME A GOOD REASON WHY WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS NOW.
    Thanks
    Because you haven't written the code to do so ... ?

BTW, Preware only handles packages, not random files like pictures or spreadsheets.

-- Rod
    Thanks
    Well, file handling is present in Internalz and both Preware and Internalz can handle ipk files. But in terms of ""beaming" those ipk files, that's not possible, as webOS devices don't have have infrared emitters.

Though if you're referring to sending files via bluetooth, that's not currently possible, as the system does not support bluetooth file transfer. Maybe in the future, but not currently.

Only option would be emailing the files, which is pretty good as-is, and pretty fast; probably faster than IR beaming would be anyway, heh.

Now, keep in mind I'm talking about files, not applications. Once an app ipk is installed, it's no longer in ipk form; so don't expect to be easily illegally transferring app ipk files ota.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/09/2010 at 08:53 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook