Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Yeah. I have mine set to just update upon launch. Was more curious as to why there is the delay.

I'm not expecting or wanting immediate publishing of the stuff, just curiosity begging me to ask.
    I dig it.
    I update my feeds manually two or three times a day.
    Obsessive? Maybe...but it also works out the phone when you are overclocking so its also good for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I dig it.
    I update my feeds manually two or three times a day.
    Obsessive? Maybe...but it also works out the phone when you are overclocking so its also good for that!
    Same here.
    Good excuse for it too... you have to work out your processor to keep it in shape.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Does anyone know why I am getting this error when the feeds are updating?

I rebooted, check my typing, etc, still can't get it fixed.

Thanks!

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

4.    #824  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Does anyone know why I am getting this error when the feeds are updating?

I rebooted, check my typing, etc, still can't get it fixed.

Thanks!

Rob
    You have a typo in the feed name. 'webos-kernels-testing' is the feed name you need for the kernel testing feed. Nothing else will work. Incorrect CaPiTaLiSaTiOn will kill it.

The URL is irrelevant, cause Preware automatically corrects it if you get the feed name correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You have a typo in the feed name. 'webos-kernels-testing' is the feed name you need for the kernel testing feed. Nothing else will work. The URL is irrelevant, cause Preware automatically corrects it if you get the feed name correct.

-- Rod
    Rod, thanks!

You know I went over and over and over it again and again.

I actually had no typos, but bang! I left out the trailing '/' in each of the entries.

I wanted to scream, because I was trying so hard not to ask for help in solving the problem.

But after reading webosinternals over and over again, I looked at a link that were in the instructions and realized it was not showing the trailing '/' in the main page but in the mandatory reading section.

And even there it wasn't really showing it. I had just noticed the html code and saw it in that.

It did show up when scrolling over with my mouse on the main instruction page.

So I'm all good now.

But I do have a question!

After I got it all working for some reason, the 'recovery' kernel is not showing up?

Any reason why that is missing now, after I fixed everything?

How about not giving me the answer, but just a hint!

Rob

Thanks again!

UPDATE: Found the problem. I accidentally deleted the default kernels feed! I guess in trying to fix the testing feeds I swiped off the wrong feed and deleted it. Hey, I did it without even a hint this time!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 08/27/2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: it's late now, a lot of spelling and grammer
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

How this happened I have no idea. But I tried installing a theme and it looks like it worked out okay. Except for the fact that Preware doesn't detect it...

What can I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    How this happened I have no idea. But I tried installing a theme and it looks like it worked out okay. Except for the fact that Preware doesn't detect it...

What can I do?
    Installed through preware AND it doesn't see it?
    It half sees it.

After it installed, the button still showed install instead of remove on the theme I had just installed. The theme category was nonexistent under installed packages. When trying to install it again, it failed saying there was already a theme installed.

Ran an ERU and restarted and still nothing
    Last edited by wushu2004; 08/28/2010 at 12:54 AM.
    Just a thought, but would it be possible or worth anyone's effort to add a feature to Preware to be able to add a developer to the blacklist by swiping from the package list? Perhaps the swipe would expose an option to add either the developer's name or some other item.

If there's a suggestion box on the wiki where I should post this, let me know.
  10.    #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by bela41 View Post
    Just a thought, but would it be possible or worth anyone's effort to add a feature to Preware to be able to add a developer to the blacklist by swiping from the package list? Perhaps the swipe would expose an option to add either the developer's name or some other item.

If there's a suggestion box on the wiki where I should post this, let me know.
    That is indeed on the roadmap. I expect the swipe would expose an option for the app title or app developer.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I just had a thought the other day when wanting to install an ipk with preware and noticed when on the prompt screen to refresh feeds or not that install package is not available in the menu until the scene after refresh feeds and/or load feeds takes place. It would be more convenient to have it in the menu at the prompt scene too if one is only launching preware to install from an ipk file or url. I would add it myself but but can't because the video instructions for how to setup git I was provided is still broken (been checking almost daily for at least two weeks now) and I can't find another source to tell me how to set it up to help contribute.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  12.    #832  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I just had a thought the other day when wanting to install an ipk with preware and noticed when on the prompt screen to refresh feeds or not that install package is not available in the menu until the scene after refresh feeds and/or load feeds takes place. It would be more convenient to have it in the menu at the prompt scene too if one is only launching preware to install from an ipk file or url.
    That's a good idea.

-- Rod
    Yep.

Though I don't know how it will act if you try to install a package while feeds are being loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Yep.

Though I don't know how it will act if you try to install a package while feeds are being loaded.
    Oh I see if they choose yes and then go to install package and try to install that could be an issue if the two processes interfere. Solution disable install package menu item if yes or no is pressed and re-enable it at the end of the download and feed load process is completed. Thay way it is only usable before and after.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Preware vs. Internalz for handling ipkg files?

Feels like the battle between Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Can anyone list the pros/cons in selecting a handler for ipkg files?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post

Not sure how you missed it but http://forums.precentral.net/general-webos-chat/260799-default-handler-ipkg-files.html

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post

Preware is a package management application developed and tested in the open. It has a single purpose, which is to install/manage packages on your webOS device. It has over a year of real-world experience doing just that.

Internalz is a file browser that does other things.

You make the choice.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Internalz is a file browser that does other things.

A closed source, hidden from peer review, file browser that only lately has has added the ability to handle the .IPK file format.

vs.

A built-from-the-ground-up package manager application that has been, and continues to be, developed in the open for over a year.

Hmmm... Yeah, it's a tough choice.

M.
    Weird issue...

Realize that I haven't updated wife's patches and packages since 1.4.5 has downloaded to her Pre.

Run Preware, get a failed install ipk error somewhere down the line as it's installing the 30+ patches and updates (including new Kernel/Govnah). Preware now shows three updates: including FB beta and Preware. Select and manually hit update on Preware. Close out and Preware isn't in App Launcher.

Pull battery to do reset. When phone comes back, Preware still not in apps.

Install Preware from WOSQI (believe its 1.2.7). Launch, and no updates detected, also the only installed package detected is set to 1, and it's preware. So though patches, etc are installed, they don't show in installed list. When hitting "saved package list" though, they do show, and I can update...

How did I bork it up? what's best way to get Preware back to where it can see the Installed Package List?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  20.    #840  
    Run the ERU.

I hope you shutdown fully before pulling the battery. Otherwise you risk file corruption.

-- Rod