Page 40 of 86 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wireguy View Post
    Ive been updating the feeds constantly.....Patches are all still grayed out.
    I really want my 4x4 icons back, battery % & custom theme back.
    Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    hey I patch recovered previous to the update and now I canot reinstall my patchs without getting an error message. Something to thr effect of -e: unable to run command: usr/bin/curl --create--dirs--insecure--location--fail--show--erroe and file name I'm trying to patch followed bycurl: 22 the requested url returned error:404.....please if anyone can help...i didn't type everything but that's most of it. I'm on my pre so it'd be too much to type. Thanks I need my patches this suckssss
    So, I've gotten preware working on my phone, but themes are still eluding me. I've managed to download one at a time through WebOS but I am unable to even locate them at all using preware. Prethemer doesn't even show up on the feeds list, and isn't it supposed to? Should I uninstall and reinstall? Or are there things I missed?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludovi View Post
    So, I've gotten preware working on my phone, but themes are still eluding me. I've managed to download one at a time through WebOS but I am unable to even locate them at all using preware. Prethemer doesn't even show up on the feeds list, and isn't it supposed to? Should I uninstall and reinstall? Or are there things I missed?
    Is it turned on in preferences? Just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by tainvst View Post
    Is it turned on in preferences? Just a guess.
    I knew it had to be a simple fix. Thank you! That worked.
    So I just swapped from my old sprint pre to a new sprint one. I turned on developer mode, installed the latest Quick Install, Java, and Doctor. Loaded Preware from Quick Install, but it doesn't show up on the phone. It shows up under device management within Quick Install, but not on the launcher of the phone. I uninstalled it from Quick Install and reinstalled it using the stand alone installer. It confirmed that it installed. It even did a java restart on the phone, but it still doesn't appear on the launcher, or the list of apps in the launcher preferences. Any guesses?
    Did you try to reboot after to see if it showed up as a result? I had this happen a long time ago and I think that is all I had to do.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    So I just swapped from my old sprint pre to a new sprint one. I turned on developer mode, installed the latest Quick Install, Java, and Doctor. Loaded Preware from Quick Install, but it doesn't show up on the phone. It shows up under device management within Quick Install, but not on the launcher of the phone. I uninstalled it from Quick Install and reinstalled it using the stand alone installer. It confirmed that it installed. It even did a java restart on the phone, but it still doesn't appear on the launcher, or the list of apps in the launcher preferences. Any guesses?
    I have found that I had to attempt to install it twice and on the second install it would show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Did you try to reboot after to see if it showed up as a result? I had this happen a long time ago and I think that is all I had to do.
    I did try the reboot 2 of the times I installed it. It didn't seem to have an effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have found that I had to attempt to install it twice and on the second install it would show up.
    I've reinstalled it now 4 times with no luck at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sokebk View Post
    hey I patch recovered previous to the update and now I canot reinstall my patchs without getting an error message. Something to thr effect of -e: unable to run command: usr/bin/curl --create--dirs--insecure--location--fail--show--erroe and file name I'm trying to patch followed bycurl: 22 the requested url returned error:404.....please if anyone can help...i didn't type everything but that's most of it. I'm on my pre so it'd be too much to type. Thanks I need my patches this suckssss
    Did you update your Saved Package List before running EPR?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    I've reinstalled it now 4 times with no luck at all.
    I figured it out. Just as a closure to this, I didn't realize I had not updated the new phone. The OS was still 1.3.1. After updating it showed up as expected. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Would there be anything that could cause /var to become full and "Saved Packages" write to fail?
  14.    #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmorrison View Post
    Would there be anything that could cause /var to become full and "Saved Packages" write to fail?
    Yep, lots of things could cause that.

Type "df" on the command line to check it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yep, lots of things could cause that.

Type "df" on the command line to check it.

-- Rod
    It looks like there is something wrong with the Mojo database. Might running WebOS Repair Utility w/ override enabled remedy this?
  16.    #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmorrison View Post
    It looks like there is something wrong with the Mojo database. Might running WebOS Repair Utility w/ override enabled remedy this?
    Probably not.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    hi i installed the 1.2.8 version today. then i installed the keyboss app on my pixi. preware then crashed and since then when i boot up preware it hangs at the Complete! screen?
    (after loading the feeds)
    Please advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    hi i installed the 1.2.8 version today. then i installed the keyboss app on my pixi. preware then crashed and since then when i boot up preware it hangs at the Complete! screen?
    (after loading the feeds)
    Please advice!
    I think this belongs in the Keyboss thread as its ALPHA software that can vaporize your Pre. I am not even sure its good for Pixi though that thread http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-keyboss.html will tell you.
    hi, can an option be addedto patches to view the code? Maybe in internalz?
    So Preware doesn't see all of my installed packages anymore...

I have no idea why?

Is a visit to the doctor in my future?