Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    One thing I would like added probably is selecting multiple apps/patches at the same time..
    and installing them all at one go...

    I love checking kernels quite a bit and when things go bad.. perform Full Erase/Secure Erase
    Then installing all the patches bcome a pain...
    After selecting/installing each patch one has to click on Restart Luna Later...

    Hoping this is seen fit to be included into the future version till we have 2.x which probably would not require Luna Restarts.
    Take a look at the combination of the Saved Package List in Preware and the Save/Restore application.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #62  
    Hi,

    with Preware 1.0 i still get the problem that the main processes (telephon,messaging,email,calendar) disappear after installing an app.
    Is there a way to enable some debugging stuff on the phone to help you?

    Palm 1.4.1 Build 205 GSM
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ce View Post
    Hi,

    with Preware 1.0 i still get the problem that the main processes (telephon,messaging,email,calendar) disappear after installing an app.
    Is there a way to enable some debugging stuff on the phone to help you?

    Palm 1.4.1 Build 205 GSM
    Does it happen if you have the theme and app catalog feeds disabled? (i.e. about 1000 available packages total instead of 4000)

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #64  
    Currently i have the following feeds enabled:
    optware
    precentral
    webos-internals
    webos-internals-testing
    webos-kernels
    webos-patches

    Avalable packages: 732
    So it even happens with the small amount of packages.
    I think the size of the packages is not the problem, it has something to do with the install process, perhaps ipkg.
  5. #65  
    Thanks Rod and WI team!

    I have two questions.

    First, I have two test feeds after I upgraded to the latest version of Preware. Should I delete one?

    Second, I just used webOS repair utility to return my Pre to near Stock state. (I can't use webos doctor because I can't log back into Palm profile as I am overseas on a Sprint Pre). Anyway, I had to remove all themes and patches because something broke the calendar app. Any idea what could have caused this? I want to patch my pre again and I want to avoid recreating the issue with the calendare App. I know this is off topic but I've searched everywhere and I couldn't come up with anything of helpful.

    Thank you.
  6. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #66  
    I absolutely LOVE Preware, and version 1.9 is just that much better....

    but I think I'm an ***** cause I have done some searching.... and I cannot find what actually file or folders do I need to backup to use to restore from the "Saved Package List" feature?

    is it just the .patch.ipk (&) .webosinternals.patch.packages (&) webos-patches.txt in the root folder?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I absolutely LOVE Preware, and version 1.9 is just that much better....

    but I think I'm an ***** cause I have done some searching.... and I cannot find what actually file or folders do I need to backup to use to restore from the "Saved Package List" feature?

    is it just the .patch.ipk (&) .webosinternals.patch.packages (&) webos-patches.txt in the root folder?
    Go into the 'list of everything' and type 'save' the Save/Restore app will be the top one. Download that and then luna restart. re-open preware and once it is loaded, tap the 'saved package list' and tap the update button. then open the Save/Restore app and tap save application data. make sure all items are selected then tap save selected. This will save your list. then go to the thread for the save/restore and follow the rest of the instructions that are too long for me to include here.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
  8. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Go into the 'list of everything' and type 'save' the Save/Restore app will be the top one. Download that and then luna restart. re-open preware and once it is loaded, tap the 'saved package list' and tap the update button. then open the Save/Restore app and tap save application data. make sure all items are selected then tap save selected. This will save your list. then go to the thread for the save/restore and follow the rest of the instructions that are too long for me to include here.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
    Hey thanks for the quick responce... Got ur info, but I was also under the assumption that you could save your Patch info... not just App data... is that correct?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  9. #69  
    i couldn't update in preware... so i deleted preware and tried to run the WebOSQuickInstall.... got a few errors, so i rebooted pre and tried again. Worked! when in doubt and you've been messin around with system, reboot!
  10. #70  
    Put me in the group of people experiencing a Luna restart after installing an app. I sometimes experience this after installing a patch too. FWIW, Preware Alpha is working fine.

    -theme feeds are turned off
    VZW Pre+ 1.4.1.1
  11. #71  
    I have a theme I installed before updating to 1.0 and I am trying to remove it and the circle just spins and the theme never removes. Any ideas on how to get this off without doctoring?
  12. #72  
    is anyone else having trouble downloading preware, doesn't seem to be working for me, just get a bunch of garbage on the screen.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Hey thanks for the quick responce... Got ur info, but I was also under the assumption that you could save your Patch info... not just App data... is that correct?
    it saves all the patch data in the background.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    it saves all the patch data in the background.

    Nope. No issues here (Sprint).
  15. #75  
    Just curious...is there a site/subforum at which we can ask about the timing of pending patches being approved for Preware?
  16. #76  
    I have a question - since Preware 1.0 is going so mainstream, and this is such an integral part of improvements to the Pre, is this, and patches, modifications, or apps installed with Preware being endorsed or recognized by Palm?

    Yes I read the disclaimers, but is there hope now or for the future??

    It seems such a shame that all of this work must be "erased" to enter a Sprint store when so many of the innovations should be incorporated into the phone my Palm to enhance and increase sales.
  17. #77  
    Hmmm I'm wondering something now after reading these threads. Many people can repeat the preware install then Luna restart issue and some cannot. I am wondering the common patches we have installed that may potentially cause this problem. Does anybody else think it's wise to start a thread and have people list patches to see if it's a modification / patch issue?

    I found a patch problem causing my phone to jump into airplane mode all by itself. I wonder if something is working in the background to mess things up.
  18. #78  
    Got a, ah ha.. moment a couple mins ago and would like the developers thoughts on this. I had asked if uninstalling package manager services would present any issues and got the response

    "You can try. There's a few patches that claim to need it to operate. "Call Duration In Call Log" is one that springs to mind. I have NO idea why this is or could possibly be.
    M. "


    It just so happens I use call duration in call log. Could it be that there is a potential conflict with this patch and preware, when running at the same time, is causing these unintended luna crashes?
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlepore View Post
    Hmmm I'm wondering something now after reading these threads. Many people can repeat the preware install then Luna restart issue and some cannot. I am wondering the common patches we have installed that may potentially cause this problem. Does anybody else think it's wise to start a thread and have people list patches to see if it's a modification / patch issue?

    I found a patch problem causing my phone to jump into airplane mode all by itself. I wonder if something is working in the background to mess things up.
    I am having the Post-app-install/post-upgrade Luna crash issues that occur after waking the device.

    In response to your request...I have the following patches running along with the UberKernel...
    Add Date - MM/DD, Battery Icon as %, Brightness in Device Menu, Confirm Delete (email), Disable Low Battery Warning Sound 20 %, Glass Effect, Improved Photo naming PRE, Notification repeat, Timestamps clean. Any commonalities?

    I also have my Pre password protected (exchange enforced)


    I'm happy to repost on another thread if it gets started.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradenspear View Post
    I am having the Post-app-install/post-upgrade Luna crash issues that occur after waking the device.

    In response to your request...I have the following patches running along with the UberKernel...
    Add Date - MM/DD, Battery Icon as %, Brightness in Device Menu, Confirm Delete (email), Disable Low Battery Warning Sound 20 %, Glass Effect, Improved Photo naming PRE, Notification repeat, Timestamps clean. Any commonalities?

    I also have my Pre password protected (exchange enforced)


    I'm happy to repost on another thread if it gets started.
    There sure are some commonalities.

    Some of the Patches I installed (currently running stock kernel but was running uber), common ones in bold

    4x4 icons, Add Date -MM/DD/YY, Battery Icon as %, Add Delete Buttons to video, Alarm Daily Options, Audio Video Attachements, Call Duration in Call Log, Call History During Call, Enable Dialpad vibration, No auto refresh after idle,Temperature in Battery Device Menu, Timestamps Clean, Video Downloads, Glass Effect Suite, FileMgr Service, SysToolsMgr

    EDIT... I'm going to delete one at a time, install an app and see if it still crashes the phone when I install something from preware.
    Last edited by mlepore; 05/12/2010 at 09:40 AM.
Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions