Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #761  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananer View Post
    Thought it would pull the original message too. I get this message when I start preware:

unable to run command:/bin/mkdir -p/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cache 2>&1
    mkdir:cannot create directory'/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cache':read-only file system
    There's something seriously wrong with your device if /media/cryptofs/apps is read-only. If it persists after a device reboot you should doctor it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Since updating to 1.4.5 on Sprint every time I start Preware it tells me I have two packages needing Updated.

BFGMAPS and my theme Super Glass Icons

When I run the updates and start Preware again, Preware says those two packages need updating again.

When I go into Palm Beta feed to update BFGMAPS no update exists.

When I look at my theme it says last updated "8/10/10 12:00 AM" and last installed 8/12/10 3:43 PM. So obviously I am not downloading a new update.

Any WebOS Internals people have any ideas why these two constantly are sayng they need updated?

Thanks in advance for all you do!!!
  3.    #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Since updating to 1.4.5 on Sprint every time I start Preware it tells me I have two packages needing Updated.

BFGMAPS and my theme Super Glass Icons

When I run the updates and start Preware again, Preware says those two packages need updating again.

When I go into Palm Beta feed to update BFGMAPS no update exists.

When I look at my theme it says last updated "8/10/10 12:00 AM" and last installed 8/12/10 3:43 PM. So obviously I am not downloading a new update.

Any WebOS Internals people have any ideas why these two constantly are sayng they need updated?

Thanks in advance for all you do!!!
    Hit "Update Feeds" and look in your preferences for your options to do this automatically.

Preware doesn't see that the apps have been updated until it gets new feed information. We're thinking about how to improve this and have Preware able to subscribe to the private Palm service which notifies of application updates.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hit "Update Feeds" and look in your preferences for your options to do this automatically.

Preware doesn't see that the apps have been updated until it gets new feed information. We're thinking about how to improve this and have Preware able to subscribe to the private Palm service which notifies of application updates.

-- Rod
    Rod,

I update my feeds every time I launch Preware.

I am still getting the error after manually updating the feeds though.

I have 55 packages installed and these are the only two saying they need updated.

Where do I look next? It started happening today after I installed my new theme. I didn't have any themes installed prior to this theme.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    After the newest WebOS update all my patched went away. Pre-Ware sees them in my save list and I have no updates. I have pre-ware 1.2.6
    Does updating a new version of Preware erase everything or help me?

James
  6.    #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by wireguy View Post
    After the newest WebOS update all my patched went away. Pre-Ware sees them in my save list and I have no updates. I have pre-ware 1.2.6
    Does updating a new version of Preware erase everything or help me?

James
    Did you hit "Update Feeds" ?

-- Rod
    After I updated to 1.4.5 i had to run EPR and then re-install my patches because the bookmark tile button patch was stuck (couldnt remove/update). After that was resolved, I now encounter an issue with preware where it always fails when trying to write my saved packages list (although my older list is still showing up, just wont allow me to update it). I've tried uninstalling and reinstAlling preware w/ WOSQI to no avail. I'm very frustrated, and I dont want to doctor (I have been running my Sprint Pre since last year w/o ever having to doctor, and yes I overclock, patch (a lot), and use linux apps). Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmorrison View Post
    After I updated to 1.4.5 i had to run EPR and then re-install my patches because the bookmark tile button patch was stuck (couldnt remove/update). After that was resolved, I now encounter an issue with preware where it always fails when trying to write my saved packages list (although my older list is still showing up, just wont allow me to update it). I've tried uninstalling and reinstAlling preware w/ WOSQI to no avail. I'm very frustrated, and I dont want to doctor (I have been running my Sprint Pre since last year w/o ever having to doctor, and yes I overclock, patch (a lot), and use linux apps). Help!
    I would suggest a utility repair. You might have a missing or modified file.

At some point... You might need to use webos doctor. Especially if the phone become extremely sluggish or unresponsive.

Best of luck.
    I've had another issue recently--I'm still on 1.4.1.1 (Verizon).
    When I hit update for the saved packages list, some applications don't show up (specifically for me BFGmaps and Virtual Keyboard).

I recently had to doctor and re-install patches/applications and experienced this.

Anyone know why this might be?

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I've had another issue recently--I'm still on 1.4.1.1 (Verizon).
    When I hit update for the saved packages list, some applications don't show up (specifically for me BFGmaps and Virtual Keyboard).

I recently had to doctor and re-install patches/applications and experienced this.

Anyone know why this might be?

Thanks...
    Run emergency reconstruction utlity in Preware

Pip
    Can you delete all the items in the list and then see if it saves?

Pip
    Ok so it saves once i delete most of the packages in the list. But if i then update the list, it once again fails to save. According to windows im only about 50% full on /media/internal
    Any chance the fstab thing would effect preware if users don't apply fstab thing or got 1.4.5 as a result of the doctor?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Any chance the fstab thing would effect preware if users don't apply fstab thing or got 1.4.5 as a result of the doctor?
    I say no reason why, I believe Preware doesn't write to media/internal. What errors you getting?

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    The ipkgservice that preware uses is outside of the pdk jail.
    could there be a preference to make the "manage feeds" scene the first one you see when you open the app? That way, you can upload the feds you did last time, or turn feeds on or of before uploading. I like to make it fast by keeping the app catalog off, but sometimes I use it because it's better than searching the actual catalog. So I have to change em then upload a 2nd time.

jw, thanks
  17.    #777  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    could there be a preference to make the "manage feeds" scene the first one you see when you open the app? That way, you can upload the feds you did last time, or turn feeds on or of before uploading. I like to make it fast by keeping the app catalog off, but sometimes I use it because it's better than searching the actual catalog. So I have to change em then upload a 2nd time.

jw, thanks
    We could possibly make the screen that pops up if you have update feeds preference set to ask have a third option to go to the manage feeds screen and back again.

-- Rod
  18.    #778  
    Failing to save the Saved Packages List means either a serious error in Mojo database handling, or your /var partition is full.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I say no reason why, I believe Preware doesn't write to media/internal. What errors you getting?

Pip
    I was thinking perhaps those reporting write errors that might have been the problem as I don't know if everyone knows about the fstab fix.

Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    The ipkgservice that preware uses is outside of the pdk jail.
    I was figuring it probably was outside of the problem but thought I'd check to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Failing to save the Saved Packages List means either a serious error in Mojo database handling, or your /var partition is full.

-- Rod
    Cool beans this answers the question for those who I was wondering about fstab.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Ive been updating the feeds constantly.....Patches are all still grayed out.
    I really want my 4x4 icons back, battery % & custom theme back.