Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I think I figured out how I screwed my feeds, after updating to 1.4.5, and updating preware etc. I did a restore of the saved package list(which was saved before update) from save/restore which changed my feeds all back to 1.4.1.1
    I believe the impacted feeds are for webos-kernels and webos-patches.

What is the best way to get these feed updated to 1.4.5?
    manually remove and add?
    There must be a better way..I am sure.

Can anyone help please?

TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    manually remove and add?
    You can manually hand edit all the config files, but the easiest way is to remove Preware and reinstall it. It should remove all old configs when you yank it.

M.
    Hello,

Figured I'd report this. Not really a major issue but something nonetheless.

Have Sprint Pre-.

Saw the PreCentral home page and knew the upsate was coming.

I use Uber & about 70 patches.

Decided to clean up the Pre first. Deleted several apps. Went to Preware, 'saved the package list'.

Realized the update was coming down.

(call me chicken), Ran emergency patch recovery first. Removed Uber (but left Govnah). Removed theme & finally updated.

Update installed. (finally...) So, next I loaded Preware, pulled up my saved package list, scrolled through and noticed my theme was in the list.

I swiped it, pressed delete, Preware then notified me it 'Saved Package List'.

Hit install.

It still installed my theme. (thats the first thing)

Then it crashed on the 'Device Menu Megamix with Media Volume' patch. (or stoped with the ipkg log button). That patch has aplaceholder, but usually it just installs it. (conflict somewhere)

Well, that's all really, and it delights me to say that. I can honestly say, HomeBrew / webOS Internals has made my experience very good & happy one being my wife & now kids, are all Droided out. ...' And the reference to it like a drug is fully intentional '... There aren't many 'all your phones can't do this!!!!' and if there is, doesn't come often, but when it does...

My family of DroidAddicts are fully aware of Preware, know that!

thanks,
    J-Pre
    Just to add my two (USA) cents:

Preware's reinstall everyting work as advertised, but it took FOREVER. I have only 39 patches installed in it took from ~6:30am --> ~8:15am to finally install them.

Yes, really.

All that was left after that was the kernel.

Just thought I'd mention it.

M.
    I know there must be a simple answer to this, but I have looked at this thread and can't find it. Is there a way to edit the address of a feed once it is in the feeds list, or do you have to reenter the edited address as a new feed and delete the old? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Hello,

Figured I'd report this. Not really a major issue but something nonetheless.

Have Sprint Pre-.

Saw the PreCentral home page and knew the upsate was coming.

I use Uber & about 70 patches.

Decided to clean up the Pre first. Deleted several apps. Went to Preware, 'saved the package list'.

Realized the update was coming down.

(call me chicken), Ran emergency patch recovery first. Removed Uber (but left Govnah). Removed theme & finally updated.

Update installed. (finally...) So, next I loaded Preware, pulled up my saved package list, scrolled through and noticed my theme was in the list.

I swiped it, pressed delete, Preware then notified me it 'Saved Package List'.

Hit install.

It still installed my theme. (thats the first thing)

Then it crashed on the 'Device Menu Megamix with Media Volume' patch. (or stoped with the ipkg log button). That patch has aplaceholder, but usually it just installs it. (conflict somewhere)

Well, that's all really, and it delights me to say that. I can honestly say, HomeBrew / webOS Internals has made my experience very good & happy one being my wife & now kids, are all Droided out. ...' And the reference to it like a drug is fully intentional '... There aren't many 'all your phones can't do this!!!!' and if there is, doesn't come often, but when it does...

My family of DroidAddicts are fully aware of Preware, know that!

thanks,
    J-Pre
    I believe your problem might well relate to the part I have put in bold. EPR should never be run while you have a theme installed. You should have removed your theme first.
    You could confirm this by doctoring back to 1.4.1.1 and then doing the update again, but this time remove the theme first before EPR.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by My3boys1217 View Post
    I know there must be a simple answer to this, but I have looked at this thread and can't find it. Is there a way to edit the address of a feed once it is in the feeds list, or do you have to reenter the edited address as a new feed and delete the old? Thanks in advance.
    No easy way to edit feeds yet....

Easiest thing to do is delete the old feed, and replace it with a new one created through Preware

If you know what you are doing, you might try using Internalz and navigate to /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ then find the feed (xyzabc.conf) you want to edit and tap on the icon on the left to open the text editor for that .conf file. Generally, these files are single line text files. If you made it that far, you can probably find the text you want to change and complete the process. In my case, I used this approach to edit my Uber-Kernel ALPHA Testing Kernels feed from .../1.4.1.1 to .../1.4.5.
  8.    #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I think I figured out how I screwed my feeds, after updating to 1.4.5, and updating preware etc. I did a restore of the saved package list(which was saved before update) from save/restore which changed my feeds all back to 1.4.1.1
    I believe the impacted feeds are for webos-kernels and webos-patches.

manually remove and add?

Can anyone help please?

TIA.
    If you have used the correct feed names (as detailed in the instructions at Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ) then Preware will fix the URL on each boot of the phone.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I believe your problem might well relate to the part I have put in bold. EPR should never be run while you have a theme installed. You should have removed your theme first.
    You could confirm this by doctoring back to 1.4.1.1 and then doing the update again, but this time remove the theme first before EPR.

Pip

I actually did remove the theme, I was focusing on what happened that I typed the wrong order. (sry)

All I'm saying is, after everything was done (phone updated) and I loaded Preware's saved package list, I saw the theme in the list.

I swiped it away, pressed delete. Preware 'resaved' the new package list.
    when I hit install, even without the theme in the list, it STILL installed the theme when I was 'reloading' the patches (in the saved package list)

there is nothing 'wrong' per say. I was simply reporting a harmless bug. Sry. Didn't mean to imply/confuse things.

strangely, I was able to reproduce on 'another' Pre this evening.

I decided to try it by saving (my neighbors Pre) the package list of everything on his pre. removed theme, updated Pre, loaded Preware, loaded package list, SWIPED DELETE THEME, then INSTALLED package list which did NOT list the theme but installed it anyways.

am I making any sense?
    Last edited by JohnnyPre; 08/11/2010 at 07:24 PM.
  10.    #750  
    I actually did remove the theme, I was focusing on what happened that I typed the wrong order. (sry)

All I'm saying is, after everything was done (phone updated) and I loaded Preware's saved package list, I saw the theme in the list.

when I hit install, even without the theme in the list, it STILL installed the theme when I was 'reloading' the patches (in the saved package list)

there is nothing 'wrong' per say. I was simply reporting a harmless bug. Sry. Didn't mean to imply/confuse things.

I decided to try it by saving (my neighbors Pre) the package list of everything on his pre. removed theme, updated Pre, loaded Preware, loaded package list, SWIPED DELETE THEME, then INSTALLED package list which did NOT list the theme but installed it anyways.

am I making any sense?
    Yeah, there's a bug in the saved package list delete handling. The work-around is to restart Preware after you delete anything from the saved package list.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.

am I making any sense?
    Yes you are making sense. I don't know what could cause it though.
    Did you close out of the saved package list after resaving it?

Pip
    In what folder does Preware get the list of packages? For instance if I wanted to remove a patch from appearing in Preware, where is this list coming from?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, there's a bug in the saved package list delete handling. The work-around is to restart Preware after you delete anything from the saved package list.

-- Rod
    is there plans for a 'report a bug' or even log reporting in the future? I'd be willing to have my Pre error report gladly.
    oh. Wish I could've just said it like that that but I didn't know how to. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    ROTFL! How many times have I been there? Glad ya got it fixed!
    I am getting this same message when starting Preware. I have terminal access, but I have as of yet been unable to find the command to mount the FS. Can you help me out?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananer View Post
    I am getting this same message when starting Preware. I have terminal access, but I have as of yet been unable to find the command to mount the FS. Can you help me out?

Thanks.
    Thought it would pull the original message too. I get this message when I start preware:

unable to run command:/bin/mkdir -p/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cache 2>&1
    mkdir:cannot create directory'/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cache':read-only file system
    Preware isnt recognizing my installed patches and applications, im running 1.2.7, and yesterday just out of nowhere Preware only showed 5 installed applications. And when i try and update them it doesnt do anything
    i have had an issue starting Preware, began occuring several days ago and persists after upgrading to 1.4.5. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Preware, and the error message is still presenting itself. Similar to above post from ananer. Please see attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    Preware isnt recognizing my installed patches and applications, im running 1.2.7, and yesterday just out of nowhere Preware only showed 5 installed applications. And when i try and update them it doesnt do anything
    Emergency reconstruction utility (search emergency in preware) will fix it so preware recognizes all your installed packages again. The updating may be a byproduct of the need for reconstruction.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Donation sent. My pre wouldn't be near as useful without Preware and webOS Internals.

thanks guys!
  20.    #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by dalebert54 View Post
    i have had an issue starting Preware, began occuring several days ago and persists after upgrading to 1.4.5. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Preware, and the error message is still presenting itself. Similar to above post from ananer. Please see attached screenshot.
    Looks like either you /var partition or USB drive is full.

-- Rod