Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I hope this is the right place to ask this question of the group:

I had to erase and restore my Pre. Some of my patches are 'operational' and some are not, yet PreWare shows none of them. If I try to reinstall a patch, it fails, as expected, but I cannot delete it, of course, because it's not there. I ran ERM - no change.

Any ideas?
    Hello,

i cant open preware. i had a OnFeeds error. Type Error: Can not read property 'lenght' of undefined.

Can anybody help me?

thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenuendo View Post
    I am trying to install Preware from the quickinstall. It says that the package org.webosinternals.preware is unavailable. It keeps saying that it isn't available and to try an ipkg update.
    Try this: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-webosqi.html
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoprens View Post
    Hello,

i cant open preware. i had a OnFeeds error. Type Error: Can not read property 'lenght' of undefined.

Can anybody help me?

thanks...
    Try reinstalling Preware.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I have done nothing different to the phone, but when I open Preware now, it shows none of my installed patches/themes/apps in the "Installed packages" and each shows in the "available" as if I have not installed any of them. Thus I can not remove any of them either. Sounds similiar to previous poster. Thoughts on fix please!!!
  6.    #706  
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheair328 View Post
    I have done nothing different to the phone, but when I open Preware now, it shows none of my installed patches/themes/apps in the "Installed packages" and each shows in the "available" as if I have not installed any of them. Thus I can not remove any of them either. Sounds similiar to previous poster. Thoughts on fix please!!!
    Have you used WebOS Quick Install (other than to first install Preware) or Internalz package installation lately?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Not that I remember. Worked fine last week. Only thing I have installed new is "Airplanes" directly from App catalog, and it is the only thing that shows as a installed package/app.
  8.    #708  
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheair328 View Post
    Not that I remember. Worked fine last week. Only thing I have installed new is "Airplanes" directly from App catalog, and it is the only thing that shows as a installed package/app.
    Run the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

I suspected you might have been bitten by http://forums.precentral.net/2586001-post86.html but it seems it was something else. Anything else you've done out of the ordinary since you last saw installed packages listed?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Seems to have worked! Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    i tried it many times.But result is same..
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoprens View Post
    i tried it many times.But result is same..
    Explain your problem better. What device are you on? What webos version? How did you install Preware?
    Give the exact details of what happens when you open Preware?

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Explain your problem better. What device are you on? What webos version? How did you install Preware?
    Give the exact details of what happens when you open Preware?

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post

İ have Europian Palm Pre. Webos 1.4.5 version. i installed preware 1.2.6 by using WEbos Quick Install.

My problem is pre can not update Feeds.When i open the preware, it tries to update feeds, then it gives a OnFeeds Error alert.And says error type is Cannot read property 'lenght' of undefined...

This is my preware problems.

thanks for your interests..
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Feature request.

Since the feed names and paths are getting quite long, please add a way to see the whole feed name and path.

Thanks

Every day, I'm stunned by what you guys do.
    Last edited by TomD; 08/03/2010 at 11:21 AM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I had to doctor my Pre as it did not pass Chuck Norris bootcamp
    It had been so long since I installed Preware; that I dont have the webosdoctor.jar file for Sprint 1.4.1.1 on my laptop anymore.
    When I go to the wiki page; it gives me a .zip file instead. Is the .jar in the zip file? Or do I need to rename the zipfile so that it is recognized by the standalone installer? The wiki was not clear on that item. Any assist appreciated!

- Thomas

EDIT: Figured it out... get.preware.org was the better answer than the wiki.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 08/03/2010 at 11:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hello,

Just curious if anyone else just recently updated their "UberKernal" within Preware and is now getting an error as it updates feeds when the Preware is launched.... it didnt do this until I updated yesterday.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerE30 View Post
    Hello,

Just curious if anyone else just recently updated their "UberKernal" within Preware and is now getting an error as it updates feeds when the Preware is launched.... it didnt do this until I updated yesterday.

I went through each feed starting from the bottom of the list and turned them off one by one (reloading each time), it came up to be the "Pre Central" feed that was giving the hang-up. I dont know if I am the only one with this issue..... what exactly does that feed provied in Preware? Thanks!!
    Anyone d/l the Sprint MHS app recently? Specifically, OTA thru Preware? I used this feature a few weeks ago and it worked great. Trying to reload the MHS today (after visiting the doctor last night) and in Preware...it hangs on the spinning "downloading / installing"
    This is the IPKG log:

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 207 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:14 --:--:-- 0
    101 5883 101 5883 0 0 392 0 0:00:15 0:00:14 0:00:01 7781

EDIT: finally worked...probably a server side issue.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 08/05/2010 at 09:05 AM.
    I have a feature request or an idea to discuss,
    how a bout a pre-loading screen wich works like this:
    ->opening preware
    ->pre-loading screen with countdown and a list of all available feeds
    ->loading active feeds

as soon as the countdown reaches zero preware will start loading the feeds.
    Maybe at first without countdown and later interrupting the countdown as soon as the user touches the countdown or any other button so he can interfere!

purpose: in some cases I came a cross the situation that I for example don't need the official app cat loading since i want a homebrew app or I am looking for a specific patch.

I also thought about adding feed-profiles which can bee chosen at the pre-loading screen and changed in the feeds manager.
    I have more specific ideas for this feature in my mind. Different variations and stuff

PiXY
    Quote Originally Posted by pinguinXY View Post
    I have a feature request or an idea to discuss,
    how a bout a pre-loading screen wich works like this:
    ->opening preware
    ->pre-loading screen with countdown and a list of all available feeds
    ->loading active feeds

as soon as the countdown reaches zero preware will start loading the feeds.
    Maybe at first without countdown and later interrupting the countdown as soon as the user touches the countdown or any other button so he can interfere!

purpose: in some cases I came a cross the situation that I for example don't need the official app cat loading since i want a homebrew app or I am looking for a specific patch.

I also thought about adding feed-profiles which can bee chosen at the pre-loading screen and changed in the feeds manager.
    I have more specific ideas for this feature in my mind. Different variations and stuff

PiXY
    With the optional yes no prompt to update feeds upon opening preware this allows you the option of accessing the menu and changing feeds and settings before proceeding to choose to update feeds or not. So no countdown feature would be needed as you can take all the time you need with the prompt option turned on. feed profiles is an interesting idea but I'm not sure how many would use a feature like that. I assume most everyone either wants all feeds on or only turn off two or three. Feel free to discuss the idea in more detail perhaps others may be interested.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have just updated Preware to 1.2.6 but also have Preware Alpha 0.9.58. Do I need to have both. I tried to delete Preware Alpha and Preware stopped working. I had to reinstall both to get either to work. What would I need to do to uninstall Preware Alpha? Or is it allowing me to do things that Preware isnt?

Thanks for the help.