Page 33 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    With the new blacklist feature should we start an independent thread for a list of venders we should black list or something like that? For instance I used the two screenshots that were linked in twitter retweets to see which ones I want to blacklist since I couldn't remember all the ones that annoyed me. Strange thing is searching for two of the names came up empty even though one of them I know for sure was as bad as brighthouse labs. Is it possible palm did some clean up and dumped an app spammer? Or is this just a fault in both the app catalog and preware search features? I also noted discrepancies in the numbers for the search results between preware and the app catalog. The results are below from the word search. I also scrolled down the list to make sure only their apps were listed and adjusted the count for a couple that other apps showed up for the search.

App Catalog --- Preware --- developer

139--000--AppBookShop
    080--000--Appible LLC
    152--152--Brighthouse Labs
    091--001--Dijit
    ???--???--mobifusion inc
    001--000--Palmagent Inc (this one I remember seeing tons)
    038--000--tEarn Media
    035--032--Upward Mobility
    010--000--EHYP Productions
    Last edited by StoneRyno; 07/24/2010 at 04:49 AM. Reason: spelling and grammer corrections
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  2.    #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    With the new blacklist feature should we start an independent thread for a list of venders we should black list or something like that? For instance I used the two screenshots that were linked in twitter retweets to see which ones I want to blacklist since I couldn't remember all the ones that annoyed me. Strange thing is searching for two of the names came up empty even though one of them I know for sure was as bad as brighthouse labs. Is it possible palm did some clean up and dumped an app spammer? Or is this just a fault in both the app catalog and preware search features? I did also not discrepancies in the numbers for the search results between preware and the app catalog. The results are below from the word search. I also scrolled down the list to make sure only their apps were listed and adjusted the count for a couple that other apps showed up for the search.

App Catalog --- Preware --- developer

139--000--AppBookShop
    080--000--Appible LLC
    152--152--Brighthouse Labs
    091--001--Dijit
    ???--???--mobifusion inc
    001--000--Palmagent Inc (this one I remember seeing tons)
    038--000--tEarn Media
    035--032--Upward Mobility
    010--000--EHYP Productions
    Do you have the full Palm Catalog feed enabled, or just the 24h updates feed?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    What's the ipkg outout?

App Menu (on the failed install screen) --> IPKG Log --> App Menu --> Email Log

mail it to yourself then you can copy and paste it here.

M.
    i've tried this but the ipkg log came up empty and preware closes before i can read the log after it tries to instal?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Preware on my Pre+ is at 1.2.4, while my girlfriends Pixi has 1.1.4.

No updates available on her Pixi. What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Preware on my Pre+ is at 1.2.4, while my girlfriends Pixi has 1.1.4.

No updates available on her Pixi. What gives?
    First, this would be best in the Preware thread.
    Second the pixi is up to date, but your Pre is not up to date, ugh work that out
    The reason for the difference is that you are using the Preware in testing but the pixi is using the public release.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    First, this would be best in the Preware thread.
    Second the pixi is up to date, but your Pre is not up to date, ugh work that out
    The reason for the difference is that you are using the Preware in testing but the pixi is using the public release.
    How is my Pre out of date?
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    How is my Pre out of date?
    I was referring to the Preware on your Pre not being up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    All feeds are turned on. I see 6 palm feeds: beta, beta updates, catalog, catalog updates, web and web updates. I'm going to perform the searches again and see if the problem disappears. I tried opening preware and updating the feeds several times prior to posting the results.
    Last edited by StoneRyno; 07/25/2010 at 01:31 AM.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I was referring to the Preware on your Pre not being up to date.
    Yes, how do you mean?
    I believe what the person is trying to say, just not being very clear, is that they think you are not using the latest version of Preware!

I just updated mine last night and the latest version is 1.2.6, at least with the testing/beta feeds enabled.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I believe what the person is trying to say, just not being very clear, is that they think you are not using the latest version of Preware!

I just updated mine last night and the latest version is 1.2.6, at least with the testing/beta feeds enabled.
    I thought it was pretty self explanatory, it was only a matter of opening Preware to see there was an update.
    And as the user is using the testing version, he should be checking into the Preware thread daily so should have really known already that he wasn't up to date.
    Guys, something is not working for me.

I'm not seeing the latest Preware update that everyone seems to be talking about 1.2.5, I'm on 1.1.4?

Anyone know why I would not be seeing the latest version.

Lately, when I start up Preware, I'm getting some stuff that looks like something did not go right but after I click 'continue' I get the main page.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Guys, something is not working for me.

I'm not seeing the latest Preware update that everyone seems to be talking about 1.2.5, I'm on 1.1.4?

Anyone know why I would not be seeing the latest version.

Lately, when I start up Preware, I'm getting some stuff that looks like something did not go right but after I click 'continue' I get the main page.

Thanks!

Rob
    Your on the public release. 1.2.5 is in testing.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I LOVE the new "Ask at Launch," feature for updating the feeds in the latest testing releases. Makes using Preware so much more convenient and user friendly; great idea!

-- Rod
    I just ran PreWare with (only) Palm-catalog and palm-catalog-upd... active, and I get similar- but somewhat conflicting - results here in Germany for the four I've tested:

o37 - 001 Dijit
    140 - 152 Brighthouse Labs
    139 - 000 AppBookShop
    121 - 032 Upward Mobility

A strange thing happens in PreWare with the atrocious PalmAgent:

If I search for "palmagent", the result is 0.
    If I search for "agent", I get 9 hits, one of them being ChicagoAgent-Sample by PalmAgent Inc.

...and the App Catalog has four hits for "Agent", three AppBookShop books and one Loan Analyzer.

Regards,

Jochen
  16.    #656  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    I just ran PreWare with (only) Palm-catalog and palm-catalog-upd... active, and I get similar- but somewhat conflicting - results here in Germany for the four I've tested:

o37 - 001 Dijit
    140 - 152 Brighthouse Labs
    139 - 000 AppBookShop
    121 - 032 Upward Mobility

A strange thing happens in PreWare with the atrocious PalmAgent:

If I search for "palmagent", the result is 0.
    If I search for "agent", I get 9 hits, one of them being ChicagoAgent-Sample by PalmAgent Inc.

...and the App Catalog has four hits for "Agent", three AppBookShop books and one Loan Analyzer.

Regards,

Jochen
    That would be because the search function in Preware intentionally does not search the Maintainer field.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    That would be because the search function in Preware intentionally does not search the Maintainer field.

-- Rod
    That does indeed explain it - Brighthouse Labs quote their name in the description; HOWEVER, can you also explain why PreWare finds about 60 sports apps by Brighthouse Labs MORE than the App Catalog search? That one lists also lots of recipes and quotes by B.L., and only about 90 sports apps opposed to the 152 by PreWare.
  18.    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    That does indeed explain it - Brighthouse Labs quote their name in the description; HOWEVER, can you also explain why PreWare finds about 60 sports apps by Brighthouse Labs MORE than the App Catalog search? That one lists also lots of recipes and quotes by B.L., and only about 90 sports apps opposed to the 152 by PreWare.
    Preware gives an unfiltered view of the app catalog. The Palm App Catalog client uses your sister's ex-boyfriend's cat's birthday to determine what apps you see.

-- Rod
    I just reinstalled preware after having to perform a partial erase. I had not used preware for several weeks.

Now when I run preware, the only themes that show in the list of available packages are the thirteen associated with the virtual keyboard app.

Previously, I was getting over 1300 themes listed. Does anyone know what happened to the themes? I tried to look in Quick Install at themer to see if I could load the theme I wanted from there. However, no themes would show up in themer.

It looks most of the themes have been removed. Anyone know what is going on with the themes packages?
  20.    #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    I just reinstalled preware after having to perform a partial erase. I had not used preware for several weeks.

Now when I run preware, the only themes that show in the list of available packages are the thirteen associated with the virtual keyboard app.

Previously, I was getting over 1300 themes listed. Does anyone know what happened to the themes? I tried to look in Quick Install at themer to see if I could load the theme I wanted from there. However, no themes would show up in themer.

It looks most of the themes have been removed. Anyone know what is going on with the themes packages?
    Look on the Manage Feeds page. Note that this is stated on the splash screen to which you clicked "I have read this".

-- Rod