Page 30 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    Any reason Preware can't be added to the Palm Apps Catalog? Would be great to be able to install it from there, after a doctoring or other reason, instead of having to hook up to a computer and going through the Webos Quick Install program. At least the Palm catalog app is always there even after other things get erased. Could be very helpful.
    Preware fails the content requirements for the 3 Palm App Catalog feeds (App Catalog, Beta, Web) because it allows for installation of programs via mechanisms other than the official Palm conduits. Preware also allows homebrew applications to do anything on your device that they please, which fails the automated security checks in the catalog submission process.

    There's a bright line of security and capability that stuff in the app catalog feeds cannot cross. Preware intentionally crosses that line, and is therefore incompatible with the app catalog content requirements.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. NaS
    NaS is offline
    NaS's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #582  
    [QUOTE=oil;2558579]And the space bug fix has been pushed. (Expect it in the next release.)


    Why did you have to rename it? (I have never used zumo drive.)

    @ oil for some reason when you download from zumo to your pre it changes the name of the file to #'s! Then you need to rename using internalz!
  3.    #583  
    We've found a major bug in the alpha testing of Preware 1.2.0 - if you install through the "Install Package" scene, the post-install script is not executed, and the pre-remove script is not installed to support correct orange+tap removal of the package.

    Alpha testers should be aware of this, and not use this alpha feature for installing advanced homebrew, patches or kernels. Normal Mojo applications should be fine.

    We're working on a fix.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #584  
    If we uninstall from within preware itself though should we be fine? I'm not sure I ebtirely understand. You see in your post you mention the orange button plus icon select for deletion but this will also effect uninstals from within preware itself as well?
  5.    #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    If we uninstall from within preware itself though should we be fine? I'm not sure I ebtirely understand. You see in your post you mention the orange button plus icon select for deletion but this will also effect uninstals from within preware itself as well?
    Uninstalls from Preware is unaffected.

    Installs from feeds in Preware is unaffected.

    -- Rod
  6.    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We've found a major bug in the alpha testing of Preware 1.2.0 - if you install through the "Install Package" scene, the post-install script is not executed, and the pre-remove script is not installed to support correct orange+tap removal of the package.

    Alpha testers should be aware of this, and not use this alpha feature for installing advanced homebrew, patches or kernels. Normal Mojo applications should be fine.

    We're working on a fix.

    -- Rod
    The bug is now fixed in Preware 1.2.1 in the testing feed.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #587  
    Preware 1.2.1

    In saved package list:
    - Palm Feed packages show no custom icon
    - Palm Feed packages show "Unknown Date"
    - Palm Feed packages cannot be installed with IPKG error: -1: Invalid or missing filename parameter
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Preware 1.2.1

    In saved package list:
    - Palm Feed packages show no custom icon
    - Palm Feed packages show "Unknown Date"
    - Palm Feed packages cannot be installed with IPKG error: -1: Invalid or missing filename parameter
    That is expected and not a bug.

    Enable all the Palm feeds, and then hit update feeds. Preware cannot display information it does not have.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #589  
    I recently doctored my german O2 pre to 1.4.5 and installed Preware v. 1.1.4 via WebOSQuickInstall.
    Since then, everytime I start Preware, it sees an update to v. 1.2.1, but after installing it, I still have the old version installed.
    Not only Preware is affected, but also Govnah, Save/Restore and Netstat.
    All updates can be installed, but they don't have an effect.
    I tryed to uninstall und reinstall these applications with no improvement.
    Does anyone have an idea?
  10.    #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seddy View Post
    I recently doctored my german O2 pre to 1.4.5 and installed Preware v. 1.1.4 via WebOSQuickInstall.
    Since then, everytime I start Preware, it sees an update to v. 1.2.1, but after installing it, I still have the old version installed.
    Not only Preware is affected, but also Govnah, Save/Restore and Netstat.
    All updates can be installed, but they don't have an effect.
    I tryed to uninstall und reinstall these applications with no improvement.
    Does anyone have an idea?
    Haven't seen that before.

    We'll need the IPKG Log from those installs.

    Oh, do you have the testing feed installed? If you had those versions installed previously (and they are in your saved packages list) but don't have the testing feed installed now, then that could cause it.

    -- Rod
  11. #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Haven't seen that before.

    We'll need the IPKG Log from those installs.

    Oh, do you have the testing feed installed? If you had those versions installed previously (and they are in your saved packages list) but don't have the testing feed installed now, then that could cause it.

    -- Rod
    I'm not sure if I had the testing-feeds enabled, so I removed the programs from my saved package list and updated them again. The issue doesn't appear anymore, but my preware version is still 1.1.4. Are newer versions only for testing? (I updated my feeds before installing the updates)
  12.    #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seddy View Post
    I'm not sure if I had the testing-feeds enabled, so I removed the programs from my saved package list and updated them again. The issue doesn't appear anymore, but my preware version is still 1.1.4. Are newer versions only for testing? (I updated my feeds before installing the updates)
    Yes, newer versions are in the testing feed, which you must have had enabled previously to see those versions in the saved package list.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #593  
    rod I notice that the customized feeds for Preware are not restored when you do a restore with save/restore I thought that was one of the purposes of the script. Everytime I doctor I reinstall preware, install save/restore and restore preware and launcher but the feeds I created aren't in Preware. I am posting here and save/restore because I don't know which one it is related to. Thanks!
  14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    rod I notice that the customized feeds for Preware are not restored when you do a restore with save/restore I thought that was one of the purposes of the script. Everytime I doctor I reinstall preware, install save/restore and restore preware and launcher but the feeds I created aren't in Preware. I am posting here and save/restore because I don't know which one it is related to. Thanks!
    I just tested and confirmed it worked then.

    I saved Preware using Save/Restore.

    I swiped away all my testing feeds.

    I Updated Feeds to confirm.

    I closed Preware.

    I restored Preware using Save/Restore.

    I opened Preware.

    Checked Manage Feeds and the testing feeds are back.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #595  
    when preware and save restore are both deleted would that make any difference? All other apps are restored. Except preware
  16. #596  
    Does the new installation of packages feature in the menu allow installing ".patch" files? And if so will they get installed again as a result of saved package list?, in the event such a thing occurs to require using the saved package list for installing stuff again. And would such patches installed this way, assuming they can be, need to be removed prior to webOS updating or would they be considered AUPT? (correct acronym?) and get a placeholder to install again after the update.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  17. #597  
    No, the install package feature doesn't install straight .patch files, only .ipkg (which is the only thing the fileselector will let you select)

    And, the saved packages list is being replaced with something that doesn't screw as many things up.
  18.    #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    And, the saved packages list is being replaced with something that doesn't screw as many things up.
    Yeah, I take full responsibility for a suboptimal design there

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #599  
    Well, I wasn't going to single you out
  20. #600  
    I have a request. I have preware set to update feeds everytime it is open. but there are occasions when for instance i dont have a lot of time or after opening it i realize i dont have very good data service and therefor it will take a long time to download all the feeds and also kill more battery. I like to scroll through to kill time and maybe catch something i may have missed. would it be possible to have like a cancel feed download button or something for these occasions where it would just stop downloading and show the feeds from the last update? Just an idea.
    Thanks

Posting Permissions