Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 12345678 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
  1. gryn's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #41  
    I also wanted to say thanks to all the people who worked on the development of Preware. I can honestly say this is the best packagehandler/viewer/backup application I've ever used in all of my homebrew experience.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    Run "Emergency Reconstruction Utility" then update feeds when it's done.
    Since my preware is broken, where can I get it? WOSQI?? If so, which feed?
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

    Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
  3. #43  
    holy cow much faster load time
  4. #44  
    When all else fails.. uninstall and reboot!

    Reinstalled Preware and all is well!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

    Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    Run "Emergency Reconstruction Utility" then update feeds when it's done.
    Thank you so much! That fixed it, and it seems to have fixed the App Catalog failing on every download for apps. It didn't even seem to attempt a download. I had tried many things and failed at repairing it. Thanks again. Great apps!
  6. #46  
    I'm not seeing these huge improvements in speed w/ Preware loading up. It seems like it takes forever to load. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Any thoughts?
  7. #47  
    Wow it loads so much faste then before. Great job!!!
  8. #48  
    Okay, I'm still having trouble with my phone. It will not install themes and some patches. The device menu patches do not work. I haven't tried all patches but the application specific patches seem to work, messaging character counter/total message count ect... I posted the IPKG log from an error I got while trying to install a theme in a post on the first page of this thread. This issue started last night and I ended up doctoring my Pre this morning. I allowed it to reinstall all my apps then reinstalled Preware. I am getting the same errors. Nothing has changed. Is this a hardware issue or should I try to doctor again???
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

    Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Okay, I'm still having trouble with my phone. It will not install themes and some patches. The device menu patches do not work. I haven't tried all patches but the application specific patches seem to work, messaging character counter/total message count ect... I posted the IPKG log from an error I got while trying to install a theme in a post on the first page of this thread. This issue started last night and I ended up doctoring my Pre this morning. I allowed it to reinstall all my apps then reinstalled Preware. I am getting the same errors. Nothing has changed. Is this a hardware issue or should I try to doctor again???
    If you did an apps and data erase, and a webos doctor, then things should work.

    Themes from the prethemer.com feed are currently missing the dependencies on Patch and Diffstat, so you need to manually install both those packages for those themes to work until the index file is updated on prethemer.com

    -- Rod
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you did an apps and data erase, and a webos doctor, then things should work.

    Themes from the prethemer.com feed are currently missing the dependencies on Patch and Diffstat, so you need to manually install both those packages for those themes to work until the index file is updated on prethemer.com

    -- Rod
    Worked perfectly!!! Thank you. Again, great launch of 1.0.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

    Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  11. #51  
    IPKG Log

    (truncated because the download part works)

    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-overwrite install /media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.0f0e34482e_1.3.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    Begin installation of com.prethemer.themes.0f0e34482e
    Installing com.prethemer.themes.0f0e34482e (1.3.0) to root...
    Begin installation of com.prethemer.themes.0f0e34482e
    Installing com.prethemer.themes.0f0e34482e (1.3.0) to root...
    Begin installation of com.prethemer.themes.0f0e34482e
    Installing com.prethemer.themes.0f0e34482e (1.3.0) to root...
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for com.prethemer.themes.0f0e34482e:
    org.webosinternals.diffstat

    Good luck fixing it
  12. #52  
    i just needed Diffstat. seems that's really important and i also see you wrote that it's just temporary. anyway that's what i needed to get themes working again.

    Thanks
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Keeps rebooting Luna on 1.4.0 devices after an app install.
    Easy to reproduce, just install any app on 1.4.0, exit (or don't) Preware, turn off phone, turn it on and it wont, and after 10-15 secs, it flashes the homescreen and restarts Luna.

    Happens everytime.

    I don't mind restarting Luna everytime I use Preware, but this is a crippling bug that should have kept you from releasing it as "1.0"

    My 2 cents.

    Just tried it again, installed another app, and after about 20 secs after trying to power it on again, it just goes to the Palm Logo
    I am having the same issue as NuttyBunny...is there a thread where this issue is being monitored/investigated? Is WebOS Doctor the only way out?

    Braden
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradenspear View Post
    I am having the same issue as NuttyBunny...is there a thread where this issue is being monitored/investigated? Is WebOS Doctor the only way out?
    There is currently no known cause, diagnosis, or solution. It affects some people and not others, and the effect is reported to have changed (positive for some, negative for others) over time and webOS versions. The same symptoms are also reported by some users who have never installed any kind of homebrew at all. Some people say overclocking makes it worse, others say that it makes it better.

    Basically, it's a big "we simply don't know" at the moment.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    I'm not seeing these huge improvements in speed w/ Preware loading up. It seems like it takes forever to load. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Any thoughts?
    Rod...where art thou? Is there something I need to perhaps disable to allow Preware to load faster? It sits on the Palm Catalog forever...should I disable that feed? Just curious why mine is so slow.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    Rod...where art thou? Is there something I need to perhaps disable to allow Preware to load faster? It sits on the Palm Catalog forever...should I disable that feed? Just curious why mine is so slow.
    Well, slow and fast are relative terms. I assume you've already seen the Manage Feeds page where you can enable and disable individual feeds, and the Preferences page where you can select how often to download new feed indexes, cause those things are specifically mentioned on the splash screen when you first start Preware. Other than those, there are no other tricks.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    Rod...where art thou? Is there something I need to perhaps disable to allow Preware to load faster? It sits on the Palm Catalog forever...should I disable that feed? Just curious why mine is so slow.
    I have the Palm Catalog feed disabled. It has over 2000 packages in it. That takes time to download and open. It would load much faster if you didn't enable that feed. Just a thought, not a fix.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

    Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  18. #58  
    Thanks fellas for the responses. I'll disable the Palm Catalog feed and see if it makes a significant difference. I guess I was under the impression that everyone was loading it 'stock' and had fast speeds. Yes Rod...it is a relative term, fast, but I think you understood what I meant.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
  19. #59  
    Your network connection will make a big difference too. If you are on 1x(2G) it will take longer than Ev(3G) and most WiFi should be faster than 3G but depends on if it is your home WiFi or public WiFi and how many are using that home or public network at the time. Personally for me loading sped up noticeably somewhere during alpha testing leading up to 1.0 but no significant change from just prior to 1.0 and 1.0. But really the load time doesn't matter to me since we can multitask I always work on something else i need or want to do while preware loads.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  20. #60  
    One thing I would like added probably is selecting multiple apps/patches at the same time..
    and installing them all at one go...

    I love checking kernels quite a bit and when things go bad.. perform Full Erase/Secure Erase
    Then installing all the patches bcome a pain...
    After selecting/installing each patch one has to click on Restart Luna Later...

    Hoping this is seen fit to be included into the future version till we have 2.x which probably would not require Luna Restarts.

Posting Permissions