Page 28 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfurman View Post
    I was having the same issue. Check to make sure that the Package Manager Service is removed from your Saved Packages List, then restart your Pre. I just did that, and it installed Preware just fine.
    That worked but I had to exit Preware after deleting PMS from the saved package list.
    +1 in confirming that removing Package Manager Service from Saved Package List fixed the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Oil has incorporated a new file browser that was developed as part of wIRC, and I've combined that with some additional methods in the built-in C service to enable installation of packages from URLs and local files.

Preware 1.2.0 in the testing feed contains this new functionality.

-- Rod
    does it work with .patch files?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Oil has incorporated a new file browser that was developed as part of wIRC, and I've combined that with some additional methods in the built-in C service to enable installation of packages from URLs and local files.

Preware 1.2.0 in the testing feed contains this new functionality.

-- Rod

There's no easy way to actually download an .IPK with the phone itself, correct? I mean, in the past when I was downloading 'Psycho's kernels, I'd have to use Terminal and wget because the browser tries to "open" them. Do you know of a way to get the browser to ask to download them rather than open them?

M.
    Any reason Preware can't be added to the Palm Apps Catalog? Would be great to be able to install it from there, after a doctoring or other reason, instead of having to hook up to a computer and going through the Webos Quick Install program. At least the Palm catalog app is always there even after other things get erased. Could be very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    There's no easy way to actually download an .IPK with the phone itself, correct? I mean, in the past when I was downloading 'Psycho's kernels, I'd have to use Terminal and wget because the browser tries to "open" them. Do you know of a way to get the browser to ask to download them rather than open them?

M.
    http and ftp work

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    http and ftp work
    If you browse to a page that has a direct link to a .IPK, the browser opens it (as an ugly text file) and does not download it. Even if you Orange+click, you can only open in another card that does the same thing.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    If you browse to a page that has a direct link to a .IPK, the browser opens it (as an ugly text file) and does not download it. Even if you Orange+click, you can only open in another card that does the same thing.

M.
    Put the url in the install package scene

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Put the url in the install package scene

O_O

OK, OK. I was just being dense. I get it now...

Thanks, man.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I believe it was said that you should remove package manager from your saved package list. Then retry.
    I can confirm that, remove package manager is what worked for me. Thank you!
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Removing that PMS worked for me also. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    does it work with .patch files?
    +1
    I'm wondering if it works with .patch files because wen I'm trying to install a .patch file, it shows
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 07/14/2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

hey, I was wondering if it's a good ideato add check boxes to preware in a future iteration, so that someone can check off multiple packages and install them all at once.
  15. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have several ipkg's in my phone! After browsing for one to install I got an error like in the above! (failed_ipkg_install)!
    In Preware 1.2.0, it appears that the Saved Package List has been relocated to the drop down menu and not under Applications as stated in the change log.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsjustwrong View Post
    This may not be feasible, but I"ll ask anyway. I keep all my feeds on to see whats new, but it takes a little bit of time to load. Sometimes I just want to check a particular feed. Having everything off, but the feed I want would save time, and possibly even a little battery. It would be nice to maybe hold a particular button + icon tap to bring up the manage feeds menu. That way i could turn off the feeds I don't want, prior to searching the entire database.

Thanks,

And if this has been asked before, I will proudly take my beating.
    Set update feeds to manual, then when you open preware it just loads up and doesn't try and update too. Then turn on or off the feeds you want and update. More steps involved but it seems to me accomplishes what you are asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    hey, I was wondering if it's a good ideato add check boxes to preware in a future iteration, so that someone can check off multiple packages and install them all at once.
    An install queue (like the app catalog) or cart where there is a setting to treat install like adding to a shopping cart with a list item to go to to install all would work best. Install all functionality is already present from the saved package list. So this to be installed cart may be a simpler way to do this. I'm not sure how easy it is to replicate the ability to go back and continue working with preware while another install happens and even queue up more installs like it does while the previous one is still active.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    We've already started laying the groundwork for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    In Preware 1.2.0, it appears that the Saved Package List has been relocated to the drop down menu and not under Applications as stated in the change log.
    The "drop down menu" as you call it, is actually called the "app menu". Which is what the change log says
    Last edited by oil; 07/14/2010 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    The "drop down menu" as you call it, is actually called the "app menu". Which is what the change log says
    I had a feeling you were gonna say that. Lol my bad.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Right quick report.
    GSM Pre 1.4.1, Peware 1.2.0
    Was installing FMR from the ipk downloaded to /media/internal/downloads.
    However when it was installing, Preware hung on the disc continually spinning with 'ipkg install' under, after more than 20mins I closed Preware and rebooted. Even though Preware never finished installing, FMR appears to be installed and is fully working. Shall I try uninstalling and reinstalling from the same method?