Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    have tried that as well. No big concern on my part just thought I would share what was occuring.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    check the webos-internals (pre) feed. Or (pixi) if your a pixi user.
    Coulda sworn I did that yesterday, but there it was when I just looked. Thank you, sir.
    New problem, now that I have Preware I only have 3 options to choose from. Even after following the directions and setting everything to yes. I can't choose Applications, Themes or Patches. They just simply won't show up on my preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf Jesus View Post
    New problem, now that I have Preware I only have 3 options to choose from. Even after following the directions and setting everything to yes. I can't choose Applications, Themes or Patches. They just simply won't show up on my preware.

What are those three options? Also, you do have "Show available types" set to 'Yes' correct?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    What are those three options? Also, you do have "Show available types" set to 'Yes' correct?

M.
    I'm a fool, figured it out. Thanks for the reply anywho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf Jesus View Post
    I'm a fool, figured it out. Thanks for the reply anywho.

Word!

M.
    is there any post that list all avaiable preware feeds????

i search in precentral but don't find it

thanks
  8.    #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by judabricot View Post
    is there any post that list all avaiable preware feeds????

i search in precentral but don't find it

thanks
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Rod,

Loosely on the topic of Preware, I was trying to edit the install.preware.org page for you/everyone to bring it a bit more up-to-date (and correct some spelling/grammatical things) but after about section 2 or so, the page just tells me that it can not be editied because the section does not exist. For instance if I go to edit the Changelog at the bottom, the page tells me:

"You tried to edit a section that doesn't exist. Since there is no section 25, there's no place to save your edit."

That is just simply clicking the "edit" on the right. Yes, I'm logged in.

M.
  10.    #510  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Rod,

Loosely on the topic of Preware, I was trying to edit the install.preware.org page for you/everyone to bring it a bit more up-to-date (and correct some spelling/grammatical things) but after about section 2 or so, the page just tells me that it can not be editied because the section does not exist. For instance if I go to edit the Changelog at the bottom, the page tells me:

"You tried to edit a section that doesn't exist. Since there is no section 25, there's no place to save your edit."

That is just simply clicking the "edit" on the right. Yes, I'm logged in.

M.
    Yeah, for some reason those edit links don't work - just use the one at the top of the page only.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    I lost my list of Installed Packages in Preware. It now say 1. It should be 61. I am running Preware v1.1.7 which I loaded to address an issue with Userspace input. WEBOS QI has the same problem.

Is there anyway to rebuild the Installed Packages list? The Saved Package list shows all my applications with out the little green icon. Can I do an "install all" to get the list rebuilt?

EDIT: I am able to get some of the Installed Packages list rebuilt by going to the Save Package List and selecting each package. Some reinstall with no comments. Others say "Interesting it looks like the package is already installed" Others say "Failed -1, Invalid or missing filename parameter." My Installed Package list now says 45 which leave me with 16 packages that need to be reinstalled. Any suggestions on how to reinstall a package that is already installed?
    Last edited by swieder; 07/12/2010 at 09:22 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    thanks a lot rod
    I can replicate my luna manager update issue following these steps. I open Preware no updates are available. I click available applications and swipe back out and it shows 1 update click om package updates and it shows an update for luna manager.
    is 1.1.4 the newest vesion of preware? If not, what is and where can I get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    is 1.1.4 the newest vesion of preware? If not, what is and where can I get it?

That is the newest stable release, yes.

M.
    k cool thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you are upgrading from Preware 0.9.x, don't forget to hit "Update Feeds" after the installation to refresh your package lists.

-- Rod
    what is the latest version?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbunderwood View Post
    what is the latest version?

Hi,

I am so fed up with the bog standard kernel now in my Pre, since it sneakily updated to 1.4.5 while I was away from my Pre and its TouchStone, that I'd like to try the test version of Uberkernel.

How do I go about this? Everyone but poor little me seems to know, as I can't find any info about this.

Do I simply enter

Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.5/

into "New Feed" in PreWare?

Does Compression need to be On or Off??

...or is the right way of doing it completely different?

TIA,

Jochen
    This is a new behavior for my Pre...but when i try to install a new patch via Preware, i get this error in the IPKG Log:

Package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-more-reminder-alarm-times md5sum mismatch. Either the ipkg or the package index is corrupt. Try 'ipkg update'.

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during install operation

This happens for all (im guessing. i've tried several patches with the same result and error message) patches.

Can anyone help me with this error and a fix?