Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Suggest making a method that when restoring from the saved packages list, if you click "Install All" that it continue on to the next package if it receives an error on one of them. I had a few packages that weren't available via the feeds anymore, but instead of skipping them, it failed. I had to then go in and edit the saved packages list, then backswipe and re-enter the saved packages list, then click Install All again. I think that may be a bug in Preware.. When it writes the saved packages list, it doesn't reload it on its own.. You actually need to exit and come back into the Saved Packages List in order to be able to hit Install All again, even after it's written the list. I also notice that when you delete several packages, if you go down a page or two, you'll find that it's created packages that are duplicate names (but they're actually other packages that it's got screwed up in the DB) until you exit out of the list and re-enter.
    Is there a process to remove a patch that is listed as installed that is no longer installed? I was experimenting in making a patch and used quick install to apply it. I didn't realize until after I had applied it several times for each modification I made to the patch that it listed the patch multiple times. All instances of the patch went through the removal process and removed the listing, even though by removing the latest application of it would have reverted the file to it's original state (at least I figure it did). But when I arrived at the listing of it from the original application of the patch it would give hunk fails and not remove it from the listing. I figured since the lines the patch modified were reverted back to their original state it would remove the listing of it like it did with the several duplicates after removing the patch from the latest of the duplicate listings. Is there any way I can go in and manually clean out the data so that preware and quick install no longer think the patch is present?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Okay, I'm sorry, I looked but I must be blind. I even used google but couldn't find the solution.

When adding a testing feed I accidentally deleted the webos-internals feed. I did find the following instructions found at http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...l-testing.html which didn't work.

1) Type 'webos-kernels-testing' (without the quotes, and using lower case letters and hyphens only) in the NAME field of the NEW FEED section of the Manage Feeds screen accessible from the Preware application menu.

2) Put http://preware.is.awesome.com/ in the URL field.

3) Leave the IS COMPRESSED toggle as is.

3) Hit "Add Feed" and read the disclaimer carefully. Yes, the things you might find in kernel testing feeds are likely to completely wipe your device without warning. Hit the Ok button only if you are prepared to lose all your data and destroy your device without any regrets or complaints.

4) Immediately reboot the device by simultaneously pressing the Opt, Sym and R keys.

5) Wait for the device to boot.

6) Open Preware, and hit Update Feeds. Make sure you have a working network connection for this.

Preware will repair the URL field automatically when the device boots.

You must be running Preware 1.1.4 or later for this to work (yes, this has been possible for quite some time).

-- Rod
    Instead of webos-kernels-testing, I used webos-internals. I received an error when I updated the feeds, but when I looked at the url for the feed in manage feeds it was still set to http://preware.is.awesome.com/ and I couldn't see any of the webos-internals apps. How do I re-add the webos-internals feeds?

BTW, I'm using Preware v1.1.4

Thank you
    You could just uninstall and reinstall Preware.

M.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    You could just uninstall and reinstall Preware.

M.
    Just tried that. Deleted Preware, rebooted and reinstalled. My preferences were deleted, but the feeds are the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Just tried that. Deleted Preware, rebooted and reinstalled. My preferences were deleted, but the feeds are the same.

Interesting. Well, the actual config files are here:

/media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg

If you have access to the Linux CLI, have $EDITOR installed, you can manualy fix the b0rked .conf file. If not, you can uninstal Preware and just delete all the files in that directory.

M.
    I have a question/issue. It seems that none of the feeds loaded except for /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg. I try to manually add them but it never goes through. The loading circle just keeps spinning. Also, every time I try to add anything in WebOS Quick Install I get numerous error messages pop up. Any ideas?
    I've been thinking about how we could go about making it possible to edit a feed name or URL in the event of an error entering it. I haven't looked at the source yet but thought would it be possible to use the hold to edit text field and edit them from the list item or is it more complex than that and the name and URL are in a data file of some sort? I've not really had any ideas outside of that for how users would expect the feature to be like.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Preware is supposed to have the webOS-internals feed by default are you sure it's not there and just not turned on?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Preware is supposed to have the webOS-internals feed by default are you sure it's not there and just not turned on?
    Yes it should, but like I said, I accidentally deleted it.
  11.    #471  
    Yes it should, but like I said, I accidentally deleted it.
    If you reinstalled Preware properly, the default feeds will be reinstalled.

Follow Application:Preware - WebOS Internals precisely to reinstall it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am having an odd problem. When I launch Preware(1.1.4) it takes about 10 minutes to load the feeds(wifi with a DSL connection). Before it begins loading feeds and scanning packages, I get an error screen. The error message will not scroll so I'm not sure what else it says. Here is what I can see.

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen...ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: 'wget--passive-ftp -q -P/tmp/ipkg-kV4Rco

I get the same error code for all the feeds that I can see on the screen.

/webos-internals/all
    /webos-internals/armv7
    /webos-kernals/1.4.1.1

After I click the "Ok" button on this screen, it loads the feeds, scans the installed packages and continues like normal. Under the available packages listing, Patches and Themes(prethemer only) are loaded. Nothing else is available.

I'm running webOS 1.4.1.1 on a Sprint Pre. Thanks for any advice you can give.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    I had to uninstall preware due some issues I was having. Now I have re-installed preware, however when I go into preware (1.1.4) the only things listed are what I already have installed. Nothing is listed in available packages. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, re-downloaded quick install (3.14) several times to no avail. I've been trying to get back preware for 2 whole days and I'm starting to get frustrated. And that link in every other post for: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals has been broken all 7,345 times I've tried it. So that isn't an answer for me... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Because I'm close to giving up on preware and patches forever.
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by onehottotty View Post
    I had to uninstall preware due some issues I was having. Now I have re-installed preware, however when I go into preware (1.1.4) the only things listed are what I already have installed. Nothing is listed in available packages. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, re-downloaded quick install (3.14) several times to no avail. I've been trying to get back preware for 2 whole days and I'm starting to get frustrated. And that link in every other post for: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals has been broken all 7,345 times I've tried it. So that isn't an answer for me... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Because I'm close to giving up on preware and patches forever.
    We have had severe hardware failures on the server which hosts *.webos-internals.org and *.preware.org which will cost over USD$1K to fix.

The package feeds are currently being served from a backup mirror server.

This is all being done by volunteers using funds raised by donations alone.

Please be patient, and follow @webosinternals on Twitter for updates.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We have had severe hardware failures on the server which hosts *.webos-internals.org and *.preware.org which will cost over USD$1K to fix.

-- Rod
    Thanks for your reply. I thought I was thorough in my search; however I apologize if I overlooked this info being previously posted.
  16.    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by onehottotty View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I thought I was thorough in my search; however I apologize if I overlooked this info being previously posted.
    No worries, mate. The team has been at this for 15 hours now ...

-- Rod
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    We've confirmed a hardware problem on the RAID card. The server is operating in a degraded state, and the wiki could go down again at any time before we get a replacement card. Packages will remain served from the backup mirror server for the time being.

-- Rod
    Love this app! I am such a phone need...
    Hey guys,

I have a problem I haven't seen on the forums yet (maybe I just haven't looked hard enough). Preware won't install. It downloads, gives me the option to launch the app when the download is complete, but nothing happens, and the app isn't on the Launcher. I am using Preware 1.4.1 on a Palm Pre +, OS 1.4.1.1. I've tried to reinstall Preware, and I even doctored the phone with no results. I can install apps from Palm's catalog, and I can install with WOSQI. Any suggestions?
    I'm not too sure why, but I can't seem to download Preware. It isn't in the the webOs internals for some reason and if I try to use the link it just goes to a page with the code written on it.