Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    My $0.02... it would be great if the feed "manager" allowed options other than add/delete. By that I mean, I'd like to be able to edit/modify a feed/URL once it's been added. I understand you might not want to allow modification of pre-installed (pardon the pun) feeds, but if there is a one-character typo, it would be nice if we could modify/correct it instead of having to delete and type the whole thing in again.
    You can obviously see that I found this from experience.
    That code is straight Mojo code, so I encourage any Mojo developer to access the source code and submit the changes required to achieve this.

    That's what open source development is all about ...

    -- Rod
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaNedlaw View Post
    Are patches available for OS 1.4.3 in preware? I see patches but none of them are available. Am I doing something wrong?

    Thanks for the help!
    They are not available for 1.4.3 - no-one has ported them yet.

    -- Rod
  3. #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    They are not available for 1.4.3 - no-one has ported them yet.

    -- Rod
    So what does it take to port? Is it something I can help with?

    Thanks
  4.    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaNedlaw View Post
    So what does it take to port? Is it something I can help with?

    Thanks
    Someone needs to take each patch and see if it applies successfully on webOS 1.4.3 or not. One at a time, removing them each time so only one is appied at any time.

    Then post a list of those that don't.

    -- Rod
  5. #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by linwiz311 View Post
    Try running Emergency Reconstruction Utility (ERU) from Preware.
    Same problem. Same solution. THANX!!!
  6. #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaNedlaw View Post
    Are patches available for OS 1.4.3 in preware? I see patches but none of them are available. Am I doing something wrong?

    Thanks for the help!
    1.4.3?

    Did someone on the early access program just accidentally spill their beans about the actual version number of the upcoming update???
  7. #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    1.4.3?

    Did someone on the early access program just accidentally spill their beans about the actual version number of the upcoming update???
    Nope, I believe that's the version on one or another of the GSM Pixi+'s.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  8. #448  
    I would like to install Preware. I have not added anything to my phone except apps in the catalog. I have managed to download it to my computer, but when I connect my phone it just cycles and cycles. Do I put my phone in usb or something else? Thank you.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
  9. #450  
    i have noticed a bug in preware, not sure if its a bug but ive been able to reproduce it everytime. right now i have the webos internals testing feed to off and the webos kernals testing feed to off as well... lets say i update my feeds and then when its done updating everything is normal with no updates and everything is showing up. by the way i have the latest non-alpha govnah and non-alpha uk installed. if i click on saved package list or go to available other and kernals, it'll show as UK needs updating or go search for govnah and it has the blue arrow as if it needs update. so i back gesture to the main menu again and then where it showed package updates, it now shows 2 updates for the UK and govnah which wants to update to the alpha versions

    Update: ive done it 3 straight times (update feeds with both testing feeds to off) and it shows no updates but when i go to saved package list or available other or available applications and search for UK and Govnah it shows as if it needs updating, which it wants to go to the alpha versions
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  10.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i have noticed a bug in preware, not sure if its a bug but ive been able to reproduce it everytime. right now i have the webos internals testing feed to off and the webos kernals testing feed to off as well... lets say i update my feeds and then when its done updating everything is normal with no updates and everything is showing up. by the way i have the latest non-alpha govnah and non-alpha uk installed. if i click on saved package list or go to available other and kernals, it'll show as UK needs updating or go search for govnah and it has the blue arrow as if it needs update. so i back gesture to the main menu again and then where it showed package updates, it now shows 2 updates for the UK and govnah which wants to update to the alpha versions

    Update: ive done it 3 straight times (update feeds with both testing feeds to off) and it shows no updates but when i go to saved package list or available other or available applications and search for UK and Govnah it shows as if it needs updating, which it wants to go to the alpha versions
    Yep, that looks like a bug alright. Thanks for reporting it in detail.

    http://git.webos-internals.org/trac/preware/ticket/35

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/21/2010 at 01:15 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yep, that looks like a bug alright. Thanks for reporting it in detail.

    -- Rod
    no problem
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  12. rattical's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #453  
    i inadvertently deleted the kernels feed while trying to remove the test kernels feed due to typo. what is the feed for the original webos internals feed??
  13. #454  
    PLEASE HELP
    i cant install preware because there is no package manager for me to get and i need the package manager! How do i get it!!!!!! HELPPPPPP!!!
  14. #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorshooter411 View Post
    PLEASE HELP
    i cant install preware because there is no package manager for me to get and i need the package manager! How do i get it!!!!!! HELPPPPPP!!!
    package manager service is already built into preware so ur set
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  15.    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorshooter411 View Post
    PLEASE HELP
    i cant install preware because there is no package manager for me to get and i need the package manager! How do i get it!!!!!! HELPPPPPP!!!
    http://install.preware.org/
  16. #457  
    I have 52 patches, and all is fine except for one patch which I can't get to update or remove(SMS Tones per contact). I'd appreiciate any ideas that don't involve EPR or webOS repair if possible. The lastest log is:


    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  17.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I have 52 patches, and all is fine except for one patch which I can't get to update or remove(SMS Tones per contact). I'd appreiciate any ideas that don't involve EPR or webOS repair if possible. The lastest log is:


    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    There is a specific thread for this patch in the WebOS Patches forum. The solution is contained there.

    Please post patch-related items in that forum, as the action of installing or uninstalling patches is encoded in the patch package post-installation script, not in Preware itself.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is a specific thread for this patch in the WebOS Patches forum. The solution is contained there.

    Please post patch-related items in that forum, as the action of installing or uninstalling patches is encoded in the patch package post-installation script, not in Preware itself.

    -- Rod
    I read through that thread, and all it gave me was a headache, and I didn't see the answer. Thanks anyway!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  19. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I read through that thread, and all it gave me was a headache, and I didn't see the answer. Thanks anyway!
    It is in there, I can remember seeing it if I can dig it up I'll pm you it.

    Edit: Have now sent a PM with solution.
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/23/2010 at 11:54 AM.

Posting Permissions