Page 22 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Creating a new profile will get rid of everything I had loaded on my current one right? So, it won't know about all the apps I have or my tasks or all my accounts. So, if they can fix it for me (and I doubt they will look at it now that they suspect I've "hacked" it), will the old profile corrupt the phone? I have doubts they can fix it, and I'm thinking of taking Palm up on the offer of rushing me a phone for $30.

Anyway, if I get a new phone, which profile do I want to use? The old one or the new one I am using to pretend I have nothing installed? Sorry to sound so dumb about this, but I guess I am!

This whole situation makes me rethink using Preware in the future. I think the patches have caused me issues. I also thing they have caused my wife's phone to have issues as well. Although, the added functionality patches give you is unbelievable. I don't want to patch, but man using this phone without them for 24 hours has been killing me. Just have to wait a couple days before I can head back to Sprint. I think I am going to try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by bcumings; 06/10/2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: More info
    I cannot update Preware through Preware because there is a dependency on the Package Manager service. But everytime I try to update the Package Manager service through Preware, the download never completes and I have to throw away the Preware card.

Running Preware 1.1.0. It is offering to install Package Manager Service 0.9.45. Can I still get the service as a seperate download somewhere and install it by the other methods, or should I uninstall Preware completely and just start fresh?
  3.    #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I saved my package list and now it wont go on my other phone, I see non of my patches from my other phone at all, So now i have to install them one by one? Tried save/restore and it didn't have even half of my apps available to be saved so I just didn't even do that.

I'm more interested in my patches, I forget all the ones I have and I did back it up but every time I go into USB mode and copy it over it doesn't do anything.?

Any advice?
    If you didn't run save/restore and copy the files to the new Pre, how are you expecting the information to get there?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I am wondering if anyone else sees the lines when Preware loads pictures up. It happens alot during themes..

it used to be I would reboot luna & that would fix it. Anyone know how I can fix this??..

I never got a response, but, maybe I should have sent a file.. (can't do it from the Pre). Does anyone know how to get the pictures to show up correctly in Preware? Is this a patch or memory issue? Just started happening recently. (before the update, and is still happening now after the recent update).

Oh, and 1 more thing, the calender's seem to always show up, which made me think it was memory as I believe thats the smallest photo...???? but, I'm just guessing....

I'm using 1.4.1 Sprint Palm Pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JohnnyPre; 06/10/2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention.....
    Those would be outline placeholders for an image that didn't load or hasn't loaded yet. I think that is a default thing but not sure. When I'm on a slow data network connection like 1x roaming or public wifi that is being heavily used I see this happen all the time. Sometimes the images will never load. I'm assuming because of a network timeout and the connection is dropped that the image would have loaded from. It may also occur if your device is running out of memory (on the verge of a too many cards situation). Please do correct me if I'm incorrect on if low memory is not a cause. I'm only certain of the poor data connection being a cause as I experience it on one particular network I end up using when out of town that is worse than dial up on an old 28.8 modem.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    That (bad data) was my first thought, however, I'm connected to wifi and am able to stream music and dr.podder just fine.

I'm going to remove Preware and reinstall to see if that fixes, if not maybe a Dr. Visit is in order.

I can't seem to figure it out.

One thing I did discover is it ONLY happens on themes. Some of the apps willbhave 6 or 7 sample images that show up fine. A theme can have 3 images and won't show up. (except sometimes the calender will show up)

nobody else see's this? Why only images from themes/prethemer???
    Any thoughts on this error? It happens when trying to install it using WebOS Quick In stall 2.9

Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    Any thoughts on this error? It happens when trying to install it using WebOS Quick In stall 2.9

Make sure your Pre or Pixi have developer mode turned on. When you plug your Pre or Pixi into your computer, tell the phone "charge only".
  9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    What version of WebOS Quick Install is specified as a requirement on http://install.preware.org ?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Those would be outline placeholders for an image that didn't load or hasn't loaded yet. I think that is a default thing but not sure. When I'm on a slow data network connection like 1x roaming or public wifi that is being heavily used I see this happen all the time. Sometimes the images will never load. I'm assuming because of a network timeout and the connection is dropped that the image would have loaded from. It may also occur if your device is running out of memory (on the verge of a too many cards situation). Please do correct me if I'm incorrect on if low memory is not a cause. I'm only certain of the poor data connection being a cause as I experience it on one particular network I end up using when out of town that is worse than dial up on an old 28.8 modem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    That (bad data) was my first thought, however, I'm connected to wifi and am able to stream music and dr.podder just fine.

I'm going to remove Preware and reinstall to see if that fixes, if not maybe a Dr. Visit is in order.

I can't seem to figure it out.

One thing I did discover is it ONLY happens on themes. Some of the apps willbhave 6 or 7 sample images that show up fine. A theme can have 3 images and won't show up. (except sometimes the calender will show up)

nobody else see's this? Why only images from themes/prethemer???
    This was due to a bug in the prethemer website/feed. It has been fixed and all picture should load up properly. It wasn't a preware issue. The pictures were not coming up on prethemer.com either. Thanks for using my Miami Hurricanes theme for your screenshot.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Question: should I be seeing updates available in Preware for my patches? IIRC, there were recent changes to most (or all) of the patches for an updated AUPT..
  12.    #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Question: should I be seeing updates available in Preware for my patches? IIRC, there were recent changes to most (or all) of the patches for an updated AUPT..
    The date on them would have changed, but we didn't bother changing the version, since everyone will be updating to the next webOS version sometime before July anyway (according to the developer day videos).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    OK, thanks again!
  14.    #434  
    Preware can now be automatically installed by the Meta-Doctor when you flash a new device. Combine it with pre-installing wifi profiles and enabling testing feeds, and installing openssh from Preware's optware section, and you never have to plug your device into USB again after flashing.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod-

For a release down the road, is it possible to get a notification when updates are available in Preware?
    I woke up this morning and as always check preware for updated versions of apps or patches, i have the most recent version of preware. Most recent update for me was GOVNAH to 0.4.5. No problem there. But i ran preware this morning and its not reading any of my patches or applications on my phone. Not sure why. I thought maybe it was an issue with preware or my phone so i did a battery pull. Same issue after that. I normally can trouble shoot any issue i have with my phone but this one i cant seem to wrap my head around it. Yesterday i was able to see all in preware and quick install. (i have not had a chance yet to do quicki nstall today.) i was wondering if anyone here know what is going on? thnx in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerenyq View Post
    I woke up this morning and as always check preware for updated versions of apps or patches, i have the most recent version of preware. Most recent update for me was GOVNAH to 0.4.5. No problem there. But i ran preware this morning and its not reading any of my patches or applications on my phone. Not sure why. I thought maybe it was an issue with preware or my phone so i did a battery pull. Same issue after that. I normally can trouble shoot any issue i have with my phone but this one i cant seem to wrap my head around it. Yesterday i was able to see all in preware and quick install. (i have not had a chance yet to do quicki nstall today.) i was wondering if anyone here know what is going on? thnx in advance
    I'm pretty sure one of the emergency something or other packages fixes this. I don't recall if the posts are in this thread or elsewhere on the forum but I know this has come up in the past I just don't remember which one it is. It may be in the description of the package in the feed.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I'm pretty sure one of the emergency something or other packages fixes this. I don't recall if the posts are in this thread or elsewhere on the forum but I know this has come up in the past I just don't remember which one it is. It may be in the description of the package in the feed.
    Emergency Reconstruction Utility
    Are patches available for OS 1.4.3 in preware? I see patches but none of them are available. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    My $0.02... it would be great if the feed "manager" allowed options other than add/delete. By that I mean, I'd like to be able to edit/modify a feed/URL once it's been added. I understand you might not want to allow modification of pre-installed (pardon the pun) feeds, but if there is a one-character typo, it would be nice if we could modify/correct it instead of having to delete and type the whole thing in again.
    You can obviously see that I found this from experience.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.