Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Why not use http://bit.ly/holy-grail-of-homebrew ? (You can do it all now with the released versions of Preware and Save/Restore - no need for alphas).

-- Rod
    Thanks, I have that installed, but in this case, I don't want to restore my stuff as I'm trying to clean up some problems.

I just wanted the list.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    I doctored my phone this afternoon and been look for preware and nothing. Search through webOS Quick Install also tried to install using the command line both nothing happened.

Can anyone help me get this back... Thank
    Did you look in the webos internals (pre) feed?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Yes but its not there. looked through all the feeds actually
    okay i downloaded webos quick install v.3.14 and when i go to WebOS-internals feed all. preware and that package manager service isnt even showing up in the list i want preware i need help
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    Yes but its not there. looked through all the feeds actually
    Did you click on the blue down arrow on the right side of the screen. That will bring up the 'ipkg repository viewer, after it displays the Precentral stuff, click the drop down to get to webosinternals for Pre, it's in there.

It's not in Tweaks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Did you click on the blue down arrow on the right side of the screen. That will bring up the 'ipkg repository viewer, after it displays the Precentral stuff, click the drop down to get to webosinternals for Pre, it's in there.

It's not in Tweaks!

Rob
    I know this is not the first time i have installed preware... I search everywhere even preware.org
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Its shoes for the pixi and i don't know if i should install that one
    Quote Originally Posted by nagem View Post
    okay i downloaded webos quick install v.3.14 and when i go to WebOS-internals feed all. preware and that package manager service isnt even showing up in the list i want preware i need help
    webOS internals (pre) feed ( or (pixi) if you have a pixi)
    You do not need package manager service as it is now built into preware
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Waww now it just showed up....
    I am wondering if anyone else sees the lines when Preware loads pictures up. It happens alot during themes. Then again themes is the only thing I look @ photos alot in Preware.

it used to be I would reboot luna & that would fix it. )memory issues?( Anyone know how I can fix this?? It forces me to Prethemer which really causes some memory/cache/??? Problems on my Pre which usually results in TMC's..
    Quote Originally Posted by dianaml View Post
    Hi,
    What is typically the donation amount people usually make?
    Thanks

WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Whatever you can afford and/or feel comfortable with.
    Definitely however much you want, the average prices of apps is a good foundation up to $5 to $10 but if you want to donate more than that to whomever you plan to donate to I'm sure you won't get any complaints. I know I certainly would be happy if one or more donated a large amount to me. But I don't develop expecting donations I do it because I enjoy it. I've done a few patches and Battery Monitor updates after the original final version. However I encourage donating a matching amount to those whom coded the foundation for me to have added to or changed.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Plug your phone into webOS quick install, go to options and then device management. Does preware show up in the list of apps that you have on your pre?
    Also like rwhitby asked, what quick install are you using?
    And what webOS version are you running, is it 1.4.1.1?

nothing shows up in the list of apps.
    newest webOS
    my quick install said version 1.0 so i went and found the newest one and it still says 1.0
    Last edited by desireecherie; 06/06/2010 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by desireecherie View Post
    nothing shows up in the list of apps.
    my quick install said version 1.0 so i went and found the newest one and it still says 1.0
    Your quick install is version 1.0? or is your pre running 1.0?
    If the quick install is 1.0 update using this thread http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ighlight=v3.14
    If your webOS versionn is 1.0 update in the update app on the phone.
    my webOS is 1.4.1.1
    my quickinstall is version 1.0 even tho ive downloaded that new one. maybe that's my problem? i keep re downloading but i never gets a newer version.
    my webOS is 1.4.1.1
    my quickinstall is version 1.0 even tho ive downloaded that new one. maybe that's my problem? i keep re downloading but i never gets a newer version.
    Delete the current quickinstall.jar file on your pc. Download the new one from the link I posted. Put the quick install into the same folder as webosdoctor and then try to see if you can download preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Using Preware 1.1.2 today, I discovered a bug. After the feeds updated, I saw that I had one package update. I selected "Package Updates" and saw that an update was available for Diffstat, so I selected it. For a bit, I had a blank card, then a row of generic "package" icons appeared, then these were replaced with what appeared to be icons for themes. At this point, Preware seemed stuck. Even if I left it for several minutes, the screen never changed and I could not access the app menu. After restarting Preware, I disabled the Prethemer feed, saved the change and closed the app. I restarted Preware and selected the Diffstat update and the screen appeared as expected.

My limited testing seems to indicate a problem with the Prethemer feed. I have no idea if the problem is memory management in Preware, or bad data in the feed, or what. Hopefully this will help you find and resolve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I have 1.1.3 and observe the same issue when tapping to view the details. I can reproduce by going to the diffstat in list everything. It fails to load the details but instead has the bar of 4 icons about 2/3 of the way down the screen. At this point back gesture and app menu don't work. Eventually letting it sit for a few minutes results in a too many cards popup with only preware open. The only option at this point is to close preware.

I started preware again, disabled the prethemer feed like chodaboy did, exited and started preware again, and tapped on diffstat in the list everything. The details came up properly as expected. I then turned the prethemer feed back on, exited preware, reboot my sprint pre, and repeated the process to see if everything happened the same. Everything except the too many cards occurred the same. This time around it just dumped some memory part of which was mode switcher because mode switcher relaunched it's thing that loads the default mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I ran into the same issue when I went to update Lsdiff, GNU Patch and Diffstat. Closed Preware, reopened and updated all, without seeing if disabling a feed would fix anything, but I just tested, and disabling Prethemer feed fixed the issue for me, too.
    Thank goodness I checked here, I've been dealing with this problem all evening.
    In my case diffstat updated fine yesterday, but when I went to update the GNU patch today, I had the same problem that you all did.
    I turned off the feed for Prethemer and was then able to do the update. Whew!!! I was getting worried. Lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    my webOS is 1.4.1.1
    Your getting your wording incorrect.

They have been asking you if you are using 'WebOS Quick Install' sometimes named 'WebOSQI' version 3.14 (which just came out today!)

The version of your 'firmware' or WebOS (OS as in Operating System) should be 1.4.1.1 if you are on Sprint (not sure about Verizon).

Preware is at version 1.12 (I believe that is the latest).

You no longer need 'Package Service Manager' that was the case starting from version 1.0 of Preware.

I'm finding that WebOS Quick Install is having a little delay in displaying the feed results, maybe you not giving it time, give it at least 60 seconds to draw the display after doing a download of data.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Delete the current quickinstall.jar file on your pc. Download the new one from the link I posted. Put the quick install into the same folder as webosdoctor and then try to see if you can download preware.

ive deleted both the quick install and doctoer and redownloaded both. still v1 for quick install and still same error.
    ive deleted both the quick install and doctoer and redownloaded both. still v1 for quick install and still same error.
    You are probably stuck in the old WebOS Quick Install message thread, go here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

ive gone there and hit the "download here" right under the donation link. and still no avail. i have a mac if that makes a difference. but ive never had a problem since i accidently closed preware when it was updating. im just hoping a complete wipe isnt my only option