Page 18 of 86 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Using Preware 1.1.2 today, I discovered a bug. After the feeds updated, I saw that I had one package update. I selected "Package Updates" and saw that an update was available for Diffstat, so I selected it. For a bit, I had a blank card, then a row of generic "package" icons appeared, then these were replaced with what appeared to be icons for themes. At this point, Preware seemed stuck. Even if I left it for several minutes, the screen never changed and I could not access the app menu. After restarting Preware, I disabled the Prethemer feed, saved the change and closed the app. I restarted Preware and selected the Diffstat update and the screen appeared as expected.

My limited testing seems to indicate a problem with the Prethemer feed. I have no idea if the problem is memory management in Preware, or bad data in the feed, or what. Hopefully this will help you find and resolve it.
    im on preware 1.1.3 and i havent seen anything like that, weird
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    im on preware 1.1.3 and i havent seen anything like that, weird
    I have 1.1.3 and observe the same issue when tapping to view the details. I can reproduce by going to the diffstat in list everything. It fails to load the details but instead has the bar of 4 icons about 2/3 of the way down the screen. At this point back gesture and app menu don't work. Eventually letting it sit for a few minutes results in a too many cards popup with only preware open. The only option at this point is to close preware.

I started preware again, disabled the prethemer feed like chodaboy did, exited and started preware again, and tapped on diffstat in the list everything. The details came up properly as expected. I then turned the prethemer feed back on, exited preware, reboot my sprint pre, and repeated the process to see if everything happened the same. Everything except the too many cards occurred the same. This time around it just dumped some memory part of which was mode switcher because mode switcher relaunched it's thing that loads the default mode.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I ran into the same issue when I went to update Lsdiff, GNU Patch and Diffstat. Closed Preware, reopened and updated all, without seeing if disabling a feed would fix anything, but I just tested, and disabling Prethemer feed fixed the issue for me, too.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  4.    #344  
    The problem is that Preware is trying to display the 1000 icons of the themes and patches that depend on diffstat.

Just temporarily disable the patches and themes feeds, or use update all.

I've entered this in the development bug tracker for Oil to take a look at

-- Rod
    I am sorry if this is already listed, but when i updated preware i am getting an error message.

After reopening 1.1.2 it gave me the message "The service version is too old. first try rebooting your phone, or reinstall Preware and try again"

first i rebooted many times. then i uninstalled preware. and installed preware from WOSQI and got version 1.1.2. and still have the same issue.

Can someone please help?

thank you for anything you can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy_dog View Post
    I am sorry if this is already listed, but when i updated preware i am getting an error message.

After reopening 1.1.2 it gave me the message "The service version is too old. first try rebooting your phone, or reinstall Preware and try again"

first i rebooted many times. then i uninstalled preware. and installed preware from WOSQI and got version 1.1.2. and still have the same issue.

Can someone please help?

thank you for anything you can do.
    Never-mind if ever in doubt....... restart again and again.

Thanks again guys for this great app. Everyone is right this ver is lighting fast.

I love it and wouldn't love my Pre so much without it.
    Im still getting the "service is too old" error but mine occurred after i accidently closed preware while it was updating. ive restarted with no change. then ive removed it from the phone and am now trying to reinstall it with quickinstall and now that's giving me an error.
    Quote Originally Posted by desireecherie View Post
    Im still getting the "service is too old" error but mine occurred after i accidently closed preware while it was updating. ive restarted with no change. then ive removed it from the phone and am now trying to reinstall it with quickinstall and now that's giving me an error.
    if i were u to not make something so easy to fix difficult, just remove preware with webOS quick install and install it again; u "should" be fine
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

when i try reinstalling preware with quickinstall i get this error:

"ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .org.webosinternals.preware_1.1.2_i686.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.preware (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2_
    Begin installtion of org.webosinternals.preware
    Reinstalling org.webosinternal.preware (1.1.0) on root...
    An error ocurred, return value: -1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Package org.webosinternals.preware. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?"

"ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .org.webosinternals.preware_1.1.2_i686.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.preware (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2_
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Package org.webosinternals.preware. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?"
    no idea, hope rwhitby can help u with that
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

11.    #351  

Collected errors:
    What version of Quick Install?

You could also try the stand-alone installer at http://get.preware.org/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    that said that it worked with no errors but it never showed up on my phone. it just moved everything that i had download to one launcher page. but thats it. ive restarted a few times but preware is not showing up.
    that said that it worked with no errors but it never showed up on my phone. it just moved everything that i had download to one launcher page. but thats it. ive restarted a few times but preware is not showing up.
    Plug your phone into webOS quick install, go to options and then device management. Does preware show up in the list of apps that you have on your pre?
    Also like rwhitby asked, what quick install are you using?
    And what webOS version are you running, is it 1.4.1.1?
    Team, i just installed Preware 1.1.2. It is very fast now. However, available packages count only show 1277 which is much less than what I had with 0.9.x. I did update the feeds and it still shows the same count. Do i need to manually add any feeds? Is that the reason preware is much faster now? Please help. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Team, i just installed Preware 1.1.2. It is very fast now. However, available packages count only show 1277 which is much less than what I had with 0.9.x. I did update the feeds and it still shows the same count. Do i need to manually add any feeds? Is that the reason preware is much faster now? Please help. Thanks
    Ok I added a few feeds that are now disabled by default. Things look good now. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi,
    What is typically the donation amount people usually make?
    Thanks

by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianaml View Post
    Hi,
    What is typically the donation amount people usually make?
    Thanks

by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Whatever you can afford and/or feel comfortable with.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Hi all,

I need to do a doctor.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get a list of all your installed 'patches'. Either into an email or a log file.

I want to know what I had install after I do my doctor. It's really a long list.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

I need to do a doctor.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get a list of all your installed 'patches'. Either into an email or a log file.

I want to know what I had install after I do my doctor. It's really a long list.

Thanks!

Rob
    Why not use http://bit.ly/holy-grail-of-homebrew ? (You can do it all now with the released versions of Preware and Save/Restore - no need for alphas).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I doctored my phone this afternoon and been look for preware and nothing. Search through webOS Quick Install also tried to install using the command line both nothing happened.

Can anyone help me get this back... Thank