Page 17 of 86 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    your not the only one, it is in internals (pre) feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudarphani View Post
    I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll post it both places. I just got a replacement Pre, and went to install Preware through wosqi, but I didn't see it in the Internals (all) feed. Is anyone else having this issue?
    You now must go to Internals (Pre) feed in WOSQI. Also, you no longer need the Package Manager Service as of Preware 1.x. You can learn more by clicking on the link in the first post.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudarphani View Post
    I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll post it both places. I just got a replacement Pre, and went to install Preware through wosqi, but I didn't see it in the Internals (all) feed. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Yes, anyone following instructions from articles written by authors who insist on copying and rewriting installation instructions so they can become obsolete and confuse people, instead of just linking to the official installation instructions at install.preware.org ...

This applies to anyone answering questions about installation instructions too - please just point people to 'install.preware.org' and update that wiki page if there is anything missing.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, anyone following instructions from articles written by authors who insist on copying and rewriting installation instructions so they can become obsolete and confuse people, instead of just linking to the official installation instructions at install.preware.org ...

This applies to anyone answering questions about installation instructions too - please just point people to 'install.preware.org' and update that wiki page if there is anything missing.

-- Rod
    I usually do point 'em...honest...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Thanks for the help guys, sorry I didn't catch that earlier. For some reason, when I went from Internals(all) to Internals(Pre) the list didn't change. I had to go from Applications to Internals(Pre) in wOSQI.....but anyway, it's up and running.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    have a weird issue and I cant find an answer...

I installed the kernal upgrade and govnah the other day and now preware is not showing any installed apps/patches etc. I uninstalled the kernal and govnah, and I have uninstalled preware and reinstalled preware yet it is still only showing 2 installed packages where before it was showing 60 or so. I have searched this thread to see if anyone had the same issue... I don't mind doctoring the phone but would like to just see if there is a way to fix this besides doctoring. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    have a weird issue and I cant find an answer...

I installed the kernal upgrade and govnah the other day and now preware is not showing any installed apps/patches etc. I uninstalled the kernal and govnah, and I have uninstalled preware and reinstalled preware yet it is still only showing 2 installed packages where before it was showing 60 or so. I have searched this thread to see if anyone had the same issue... I don't mind doctoring the phone but would like to just see if there is a way to fix this besides doctoring. Thanks!
    Search in preware for Emergency Reconstruction Utility and install it. All your patches/apps will show-up in Preware again.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Search in preware for Emergency Reconstruction Utility and install it. All your patches/apps will show-up in Preware again.
    crap... I knew that... sorry
    Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else.

I am due to take delivery of my O2 UK palm pixie + tomorrow and I understand that it is running webos version 1.4.1.3

I have no idea what the differences are but I have read that the patches won't show up in preware.

Is this something that you are aware of Rod?
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else.

I am due to take delivery of my O2 UK palm pixie + tomorrow and I understand that it is running webos version 1.4.1.3

I have no idea what the differences are but I have read that the patches won't show up in preware.

Is this something that you are aware of Rod?
    I was not aware of that. Please post the model number (like P100UEU).

When you get it, we need the direct URL to the webOS Doctor added to the wiki page so that we can do patches for it.

-- Rod
  11.    #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post

I've added the 1.4.1.3 patches feed. Let me know how it goes. I've made it identical to the 1.4.1.1 feed until we can get a 1.4.1.3 doctor image to double check the md5sums.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12.    #332  
    Preware 1.1.2 is released.

Added support for the ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS Meta-Doctor feature.
    Removed the tag line about eventually reaching 1.0.
    Minor French translation updates, courtesy of Yannick LE NY.
    Added languages field in package descriptions.
    Added preference to only show packages with English descriptions.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Added support for the ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS Meta-Doctor feature.
    What's this for... or is it one of those "if you have to ask..." things?
  14.    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    What's this for... or is it one of those "if you have to ask..." things?
    If you enable that feature in the WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor, it will write a flag file at /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware/enable-testing-feeds and then Preware will notice that flag file on installation and automatically install and enable all the testing feeds (apps, kernels and patches).

-- Rod
    Ahhh, thank you for the clarification. Now if I can just find some time to get a Linux box running again, I'll Meta-Doctor my spare Pre.
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Ahhh, thank you for the clarification. Now if I can just find some time to get a Linux box running again, I'll Meta-Doctor my spare Pre.
    Just run Ubuntu 10.4 in the same VirtualBox that you use for the Palm Emulator.

-- Rod
    Highly unlike me but I'm feeling VERY lazy today and didn't search. I'm planning on Doctoring today (just because) so I went into Preware's Saved Package List and began swipe/deleting things I didn't want restored after doctoring.
    See attached screen shots for strange behavior.
    Ultimately, ignoring the duplicates and the "holes" in the list it did show correctly the items I had not deleted.
    For the duplicates, like Improved Photo Naming Pre, I would swipe the extra listings and it would endlessly keep showing the extras, meaning it appeared that I could swipe/delete the extras all day long with no end in sight, although I did not attempt to do this all day long

Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I have noticed a little bug in the Package Updates. When there are only Palm Catalog apps left in the updates, after doing an Update All on everything else, or just doing and Update All and then it says "Applications Updated" even though they weren't because they were palm catalog updates, the list scrolling doesn't work after that. When you swipe up or down, the list doesn't move and the first app's line is half under the "Package Updates" balloon header. It can't be scrolled out from under there. And the "Today" line header is way up under there too.. When I back-gesture out and then come back to the Package Updates, all of that is below the grey "Package Updates" balloon where it's all visible. So maybe it's not a scrolling thing at all, but more a matter of placement that it doesn't add the space under the balloon header after an "Update All".
    I was not aware of that. Please post the model number (like P100UEU).

When you get it, we need the direct URL to the webOS Doctor added to the wiki page so that we can do patches for it.

-- Rod
    Rod

Model is P121UEU

I have installed Preware and the same patches that I was running on my Pre and everything seems to be working as expected.

Not sure how to get the direct URL for the webOS doctor. I have the jnlp file that will start the download though if that helps.

Cheers

Paul
    Using Preware 1.1.2 today, I discovered a bug. After the feeds updated, I saw that I had one package update. I selected "Package Updates" and saw that an update was available for Diffstat, so I selected it. For a bit, I had a blank card, then a row of generic "package" icons appeared, then these were replaced with what appeared to be icons for themes. At this point, Preware seemed stuck. Even if I left it for several minutes, the screen never changed and I could not access the app menu. After restarting Preware, I disabled the Prethemer feed, saved the change and closed the app. I restarted Preware and selected the Diffstat update and the screen appeared as expected.

My limited testing seems to indicate a problem with the Prethemer feed. I have no idea if the problem is memory management in Preware, or bad data in the feed, or what. Hopefully this will help you find and resolve it.
    Attached Images Attached Images