0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    3 156k 3 5520 0 0 1626 0 0:01:38 0:00:03 0:01:35 7225
    63 156k 63 98k 0 0 23011 0 0:00:06 0:00:04 0:00:02 57371
    100 156k 100 156k 0 0 33867 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 76588
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.a8df0e290d_1.0.0_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by idpbeatz View Post
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    3 156k 3 5520 0 0 1626 0 0:01:38 0:00:03 0:01:35 7225
    63 156k 63 98k 0 0 23011 0 0:00:06 0:00:04 0:00:02 57371
    100 156k 100 156k 0 0 33867 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 76588
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.a8df0e290d_1.0.0_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    Try with avoid webos bugs set to No.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Try with avoid webos bugs set to No.

-- Rod
    webos bugs set to no
    Download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    18 156k 18 30136 0 0 18894 0 0:00:08 0:00:01 0:00:07 18894
    100 156k 100 156k 0 0 67133 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 161k
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-overwrite install /media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.a8df0e290d_1.0.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    Begin installation of com.prethemer.themes.a8df0e290d
    Installing com.prethemer.themes.a8df0e290d (1.0.0) to root...
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for com.prethemer.themes.a8df0e290d:
    org.webosinternals.diffstat
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by idpbeatz View Post
    webos bugs set to no
    Download
    18 156k 18 30136 0 0 18894 0 0:00:08 0:00:01 0:00:
    100 156k 100 156k 0 0 67133 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 161k
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-overwrite install /media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.a8df0e290d_1.0.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for com.prethemer.themes.a8df0e290d:
    org.webosinternals.diffstat
    Make sure your webos-internals feed is correct and enabled, so that diffstat can be installed.

-- Rod
    that worked thank you soo much my son is happy now I really apriciate you
    My Save Package List is messed up. It is showing all my Palm Applications like AccuWeather as not downloaded. The app is actually installed. When I tap on the application and then Install then the wheel just spins Download/Installing.

This seems to be true for anything on the list that has a BOX icon next to it.

Patches and homebrew apps download and install fine. Its just the non-homebrew Apps.

If I delete the app from the launch, redownload it thru the Palm App then it shows up correctly in Preware. Strange that I can download the app from the Palm App, but not update it thru Preware.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by swieder; 05/28/2010 at 02:45 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I have to say that through all of this, testing and all, I've had 0 issues with my pre and preware. Other than the glitch where it freezes up for a few seconds when hitting the Later option for "Luna Restart", I've been worry free. Must be my super pre dna.
    Thanks again for all you do guys.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    My Save Package List is messed up. It is showing all my Palm Applications like AccuWeather as not downloaded. The app is actually installed. When I tap on the application and then Install then the wheel just spins Download/Installing.

This seems to be true for anything on the list that has a BOX icon next to it.

Patches and homebrew apps download and install fine. Its just the non-homebrew Apps.

If I delete the app from the launch, redownload it thru the Palm App then it shows up correctly in Preware. Strange that I can download the app from the Palm App, but not update it thru Preware.

Any suggestions?
    Note that the Saved Package List specifically excludes App Catalog applications, cause it is expected that your Palm Profile will restore those.

Applications with a BOX icon mean that Preware cannot find the information for that package. Make sure that *all* feeds are enabled (note that some feeds are disabled by default on a new Preware install) and that should provide the information Preware needs to display the correct icon (and also to determine whether it's an app catalog application or not).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have kind of a nitch i would like to bring to your attention Love the app and never had this prob before but i doctored my phone the other day installed preware all working ok but one thing when i install something that needs a service like led torch for example it installs the service first and then right after restarts java then gives an error cant down load the app that belongs to that service so i have to close out preware and then install the app is there a setting i can change for this its an odd thing lol
  10.    #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I have kind of a nitch i would like to bring to your attention Love the app and never had this prob before but i doctored my phone the other day installed preware all working ok but one thing when i install something that needs a service like led torch for example it installs the service first and then right after restarts java then gives an error cant down load the app that belongs to that service so i have to close out preware and then install the app is there a setting i can change for this its an odd thing lol
    It's a problem in the post-install script included in that service. Preware can't change that behaviour, it needs to be modified in the service package itself.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    It's a problem in the post-install script included in that service. Preware can't change that behaviour, it needs to be modified in the service package itself.

-- Rod
    Ok thanks for letting me know its done it so far on 2 of them one being led torch and the other my tether it works i just have to restart it and install the app thank you for all your hard work and fast response...
    Note that the Saved Package List specifically excludes App Catalog applications, cause it is expected that your Palm Profile will restore those.

Applications with a BOX icon mean that Preware cannot find the information for that package. Make sure that *all* feeds are enabled (note that some feeds are disabled by default on a new Preware install) and that should provide the information Preware needs to display the correct icon (and also to determine whether it's an app catalog application or not).

-- Rod
    I finally realized that Preware excludes App Catalog applications. For some reason they were listed with the Box next to them. After the Doctoring things look ok.

thanks,
    Scott
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    You sure about that? Most of these are straight from, and only available from, the App Catalog:

A few may have been in Homebrew feeds at one point or another, but they were all installed via the App Catalog because I was trying to "fix" the "App Catalog Always Showing Updates Even When There Isn't" problem (which didn't work). Obviously UnixPsycho's kernel list there falls into neither list as that was installed vis WOSQI and appears in no feed.

M.

M.
  15.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    You sure about that? Most of these are straight from, and only available from, the App Catalog:

[IMG]

A few may have been in Homebrew feeds at one point or another, but they were all installed via the App Catalog because I was trying to "fix" the "App Catalog Always Showing Updates Even When There Isn't" problem (which didn't work). Obviously UnixPsycho's kernel list there falls into neither list as that was installed vis WOSQI and appears in no feed.

M.

M.
    Well, the only way that Preware can know if an app is from the app catalogue or not is if the app catalogue feed was enabled when you last updated your saved package list. Otherwise they are just another unknown feed package which gets saved along with the rest.

-- Rod
    Well, the only way that Preware can know if an app is from the app catalogue or not is if the app catalogue feed was enabled when you last updated your saved package list. Otherwise they are just another unknown feed package which gets saved along with the rest.

-- Rod
    Tested and proved correct (again... :-) ). I don't like having those active because it makes Preware take forever (nothing that can be done abaout that, I am aware). I guess the alternative is should I take my Pre to The Doctor, enable the feeds, update that list, then Doctor it.

M.
    Rod I am trying to install the kernels testing feed http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...sting/1.4.1.1/ in preware and nothing shows up. When I go to the feed via my computer I see psycho's, sbromwich's, uber kernels. Is there not a way to enable that feed? When I have the webos kernels feeds loaded it shows the three kernels. I wanted to be able to test unixpsychos from Preware, is that not possible?
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Rod I am trying to install the kernels testing feed [url] in preware and nothing shows up. When I go to the feed via my computer I see psycho's, sbromwich's, uber kernels. Is there not a way to enable that feed? When I have the webos kernels feeds loaded it shows the three kernels. I wanted to be able to test unixpsychos from Preware, is that not possible?
    The psycho-kernel is not yet in the feed - an old nonworking version was, but was removed.

-- Rod
    Is there a way of excluding a particular patch from the update list? There is one update that I cannot install and it continually appears. A minor nuisance but I would like to exclude it. (Sorry if already asked.)
    Laissez Faire
    I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll post it both places. I just got a replacement Pre, and went to install Preware through wosqi, but I didn't see it in the Internals (all) feed. Is anyone else having this issue?