Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    I have been unable to upgrade to 1.1. My installed version is 1.04. Is there something I need to remove first? When I click on update, it starts downloading/installing and never does anything else. Let it run for 4 hours, no change. This is after Luna restart.
    You must have got a copy of the bad 1.0.4 that we had to pull from the feed.

    You'll need to uninstall and reinstall using WOSQI unfortunately.

    -- Rod
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I had a minor problem updating from 1.0.0. When I hit the update button I got a bunch of IPKG errors but after doing a Luna restart everything seems to be ok. I double checked Preware and it's showing that it successfully updated to 1.1.0.

    If you are interested in the IPKG log, let me know where it's stored on the Pre and I'll post it.
    Did you get a whole bunch of errors, or just a whole bunch of messages?

    A bunch of non-error messages in the ipkg log is normal for a Preware upgrade.

    -- Rod
  3. #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you get a whole bunch of errors, or just a whole bunch of messages?

    A bunch of non-error messages in the ipkg log is normal for a Preware upgrade.
    It was something out of the normal for a Preware upgrade (unless that has changed with the lastest update.) When I clicked on "update" I got a pop up with one of the buttons showed something like IPKG error (or log) and when I clicked on the button, it showed a bunch of stuff. The same type of messages you would get when a patch doesn't update properly.

    Sorry I can't give more accurate info but once I restarted Luna and launched Preware again I got the "changelog" info that says "ok, I've read this, please continue" or something like that.

    I checked the version and preware was 1.1.0 so it appears to have worked.

    I used Internalz, found a patch log that wasn't updated since April, (probably when I last installed a patch) but couldn't find anything about any Preware update errors.

    Since Preware seems to be functioning normally, it's probably nothing to worry about, just thought I'd mention it.
  4.    #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    It was something out of the normal for a Preware upgrade (unless that has changed with the lastest update.) When I clicked on "update" I got a pop up with one of the buttons showed something like IPKG error (or log) and when I clicked on the button, it showed a bunch of stuff. The same type of messages you would get when a patch doesn't update properly.

    Sorry I can't give more accurate info but once I restarted Luna and launched Preware again I got the "changelog" info that says "ok, I've read this, please continue" or something like that.

    I checked the version and preware was 1.1.0 so it appears to have worked.

    I used Internalz, found a patch log that wasn't updated since April, (probably when I last installed a patch) but couldn't find anything about any Preware update errors.

    Since Preware seems to be functioning normally, it's probably nothing to worry about, just thought I'd mention it.
    You would have seen a popup saying Application updated with OK and IPKG Log (not error) buttons. The log would have contained status messages rather than errors.

    If this is what you saw, it is normal.

    -- Rod
  5. #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You would have seen a popup saying Application updated with OK and IPKG Log (not error) buttons. The log would have contained status messages rather than errors.

    If this is what you saw, it is normal.
    That was probably it...thanks.
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    That was probably it...thanks.
    The reason for this is because the application doesn't get the final success message from the embedded service, cause the service is restarted as part of the upgrade process. So we show the log just in case it has any errors.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You must have got a copy of the bad 1.0.4 that we had to pull from the feed.

    You'll need to uninstall and reinstall using WOSQI unfortunately.

    -- Rod
    Just a little glitch. Just glad it was so easily fixable. Thanks for the great programming you do.
  8. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #288  
    Is it just me or is the sort by release date not working? It seems to sort each WEEK alphabetically, so I can't tell what the most recent release of a given patch is without opening it up and looking at the date. I know that only the most recent is shown, but there are some similar patches for menus, tweaks and gui mods that I'd choose the more recent over the one that just shows up earlier on an alphabetical list.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  9.    #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Is it just me or is the sort by release date not working? It seems to sort each WEEK alphabetically, so I can't tell what the most recent release of a given patch is without opening it up and looking at the date. I know that only the most recent is shown, but there are some similar patches for menus, tweaks and gui mods that I'd choose the more recent over the one that just shows up earlier on an alphabetical list.
    All the patches were rebuilt the other day, so they will all appear with the same release date.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #290  
    I have been trying to figure out why all the packages from the testing feeds have been labeled incorrectly and with help from oilsworkn I figured it out.

    The testing feed's labels read "WebOS Internals" but I believe they should read "WebOS Internals Testing". Because it is very confusing trying to figure out which packages are safe and which are to be approached with caution
  11. #291  
    Using Preware 1.1, avoid web os bugs set to yes, uberkernel with palm default selected version 1.4, after installing a patch and luna restart the pre refused to lock the screen. Shut down and restart was the only way to get it working again.
  12. Obscura's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #292  
    Every time I try to upgrade Preware just spins forever on the "Downloading / Installing Package Manager Service" screen.

    To try and remedy this I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and rebooted.

    Any ideas?
    Obscura
  13. #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    Every time I try to upgrade Preware just spins forever on the "Downloading / Installing Package Manager Service" screen.

    To try and remedy this I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and rebooted.

    Any ideas?
    Preware should no longer depend on the Package Manager Service.

    Try this:
    1. Open Preware.
    2. Go to the "Saved Package List" at the bottom of the main scene.
    3. Swipe-to-delete both Preware and the Package Manager Service (if its there.)
    4. Close Preware.
    5. Open Preware.
    6. Try to update Preware again.
  14. Obscura's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #294  
    Worked like a charm.
    Obscura
  15. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    All the patches were rebuilt the other day, so they will all appear with the same release date.

    -- Rod
    Aaaaah. I was wondering if that was possible... I noticed that a lot of them had very similar times/dates. And then I noticed that Virtual Keyboard was in front of 15pt Font... etc.

    Thanks for the reply.

    I was thinking, while I was trying to re-install some patches, that it might be a nice option to have the ability to force a patch install. By that I mean, when a patch encounters an erroneous bit of code, instead of assuming that it should fail the entire install, give the user the option of overwriting the code or not. They would have to have the understanding of what the potential consequences were, but it would be helpful in situations like mine. [I was trying to install two patches; one of them had one line of code that didn't get erased/fixed when I ran all emergency patch tools. I finally ran EPR to remove all of them and that took care of it. The second patch still had code leftover and wouldn't install with Preware at all. I resorted to installing with WOSQI.]
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  16. Erj145Capt's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #296  
    I keep getting this TOO.


    Every time I try to upgrade Preware just spins forever on the "Downloading / Installing Package Manager Service" screen.

    To try and remedy this I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and rebooted.

    Any ideas?



    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Preware should no longer depend on the Package Manager Service.

    Try this:
    1. Open Preware.
    2. Go to the "Saved Package List" at the bottom of the main scene.
    3. Swipe-to-delete both Preware and the Package Manager Service (if its there.)
    4. Close Preware.
    5. Open Preware.
    6. Try to update Preware again.
    The above option does not apply to me because I updated uberkernal. Then got a message that package manager service needed to be updated when I was trying to update to Preware 1.0.4 the other day and ever since my "Saved Package List" shows nothing. It should have a way to rescan and find everything that is installed.

    I also just went to look to see what Uberkernal I have and it is no longer in my apps. I don't understand that since after I had put it on there it showed up in apps.

    Everything seems to be operating normally right now even Govnah is working fine. Just very uneasy why things have disappeared. Why I can't upgrade to Preware 1.1.0. Why my Saved Package List is not working.


    If anyone knows how to get it back or has had these problems please let me know how to fix.

    Thanks
  17. #297  
    After doctoring my Sprint Palm Pre to webos 1.4.1.1, I reinstalled all my apps using a combination of Preware 1.1.0, Save/Restore, and Pre Backup Utility. All is well except Preware 1.1.0 shows an update to Super PreKernel Service 1.4.3. . I am unable to install this update as Preware simply goes to the Downloading/Updating screen, but never stops. A back gesture has no effect, I have to close Preware. What is the solution?
    Bill
  18. #298  
    preware 1.1.0
    no theme install yet
    gettong error pix below
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by idpbeatz View Post
    preware 1.1.0
    no theme install yet
    gettong error pix below
    Use the menu to email the IPKG Log to yourself and then attach it here.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    After doctoring my Sprint Palm Pre to webos 1.4.1.1, I reinstalled all my apps using a combination of Preware 1.1.0, Save/Restore, and Pre Backup Utility. All is well except Preware 1.1.0 shows an update to Super PreKernel Service 1.4.3. . I am unable to install this update as Preware simply goes to the Downloading/Updating screen, but never stops. A back gesture has no effect, I have to close Preware. What is the solution?
    Swipe to delete any SuperPreKernel related stuff from your Saved Packages List.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions