Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Read this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...kage-list.html

Basically, you'll be able to save/restore patches and homebrew apps should you need to Doctor or do an exchange. Save/Restore data is placed on the USB partition and can be copied to an alternate location for safe keeping.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    No, the Updates app or the App Catalog will show the updates when they are there. The issue is that Preware shows the updates also, but for some reason when it loads the page for the app from Preware, it doesn't always have the option to update until a day or more later. If you go directly to the App Catalog or Updates app, it will be there however..

Well, but I mean, even when there's no updates to apps from the App Catalog, the Pre's Updates app always says there is (which is a known issue). I'm asking if disabling those feeds in Peware makes the Pre's Update app works properly.

M.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Well, but I mean, even when there's no updates to apps from the App Catalog, the Pre's Updates app always says there is (which is a known issue). I'm asking if disabling those feeds in Peware makes the Pre's Update app works properly.

M.
    I wouldn't think so. Preware has no effect on the Palm Updates app at all. The feeds in Preware are just for Preware itself and don't go outside of that.
    When you first launch Preware, and after it's updated feeds, the version number is at the top to the right of "Preware". Do you have the following installed: Diffstat, GNU Patch and Lsdiff? To check this, go to Installed Packages, then to Linux Application.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    When I try to do package updates in Preware, I am getting an error message, it says
    Error updating: See IPKG log.
    I restarted the phone a few times but that hasn't helped.
    Any ideas?.
    I am having the problem updating Luna Manager to 0.0.5 It keeps saying downloading installing package manager service and nothing happens for 30 minutes. I tried it 3 times and then gave up. I don't see any package/files being downloaded and installed..Not sure what is the issue.
    I'm having the same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I am having the problem updating Luna Manager to 0.0.5 It keeps saying downloading installing package manager service and nothing happens for 30 minutes. I tried it 3 times and then gave up. I don't see any package/files being downloaded and installed..Not sure what is the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    I'm having the same problem...
    Uninstall Luna Manager, reboot your phone, then reinstall, should fix you guys problem.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post

M.
    no... that is an issue about an update to an app you downloaded as homebrew through preware and goes official and makes the app catalog...
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

This worked fine, all the way up to webOS 1.4.0, where Palm introduced a subtle bug in the undocumented, unsupported (but the only way for us to notify the launcher of changes) com.palm.applicationManager/rescan service method. Instead of working out which applications are new or which have been removed, it seems that it just assumes that they are all new, and goes and forcibly terminates any running instances of the applications. This is what causes the phone, email and messaging applications to close and no longer provide notifications.

And that's it in a nutshell

-- Rod
    What was palm thinking!? Sounds like they changed the way the command worked totally in order for it to address a different purpose... or that it's purpose was better met with the new version.

In any case, sounds like they made the situation a mess for the developers of homebrew installers. Good thing for the awesomeness of the preware developers. Preware rocks!

BTW Rod, any news on when an official Preware fix will be made without the "avoid webos bugs" toggle?
  10.    #270  
    We've pulled the Preware 1.0.4 release from the public feeds due to a report of an upgrade failure.

Alpha testers, please continue alpha testing Preware 1.0.6 ...

Update: It seems this upgrade problem was the result of a race condition between removing the old version of the service, and the service being restarted by a dbus call. Some rearrangement of the post-install script has robustified that process.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/22/2010 at 06:00 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #271  
    OK, the Preware 1.1.0 package that is now in the testing feed is a final release candidate.

This version of Preware has a new preference setting (which defaults to Yes) which is designed to avoid the webOS 1.4 rescan bug which causes the phone, messaging and email apps to close and stop providing notifications of emails and text messages. It may also reduce the occurrence of luna restarts if they are also being triggered by this webOS bug.

If I get at least 3 success reports here while I sleep tonight, from people who have Preware 1.0.0 installed, and then upgrade it to Preware 1.1.0 using the webos-internals testing feed, and can then install a couple of packages, then I'll release Preware 1.1.0 to the public feeds tomorrow.

Note that you may need to do a Luna Restart after upgrading to Preware 1.1.0 to get the new version to appear in the launcher. It seems that Luna caches some things and the cache is not cleared until a Luna restart - the upgrade from Preware 1.1.0 to the next version of Preware after that should be free of this annoyance too.

Please post your release candidate test reports here.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/22/2010 at 05:59 AM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Upgraded from 1.0.4 to 1.1.0 successfully, no Luna restart required. Successfully installed War.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Upgraded from 1.0.4 to 1.1.0 successfully, no Luna restart required. Successfully installed War.
    Same here.
    I already had updated to 1.0.4 which was working fine. So I couldn't test updating from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0. But 1.0.4 to 1.1.0 updated fine and is working for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Same results here. Also installed a patch with successful results!

Kudos to you!! Thanks!!
    Updated from 1.0.7 (sorry, testing feeds have been on) with no problems. I did not have to restart Luna either. Downloaded BrightHarbour with no issues but had to restart Preware in order for it show up in my installed packages. Downloaded War with no issues, showed up in installed packages immediately.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I upgraded from 1.0.7 to 1.1.0 this morning, and it went very smooth. Preware 1.1.0 works great. Thank you...
  17.    #277  
    Preware 1.1.0 is released.

You may need to do a Luna Restart to see the updated version after installation (depending on what version you are coming from).

ChangeLog:
    Fixed deletion of disabled feed configs
    Fixed double execution of the post-install script
    Alternate install method to avoid webOS bugs
    No more rescan on remove
    Fixed relaunch blank screen bug
    Updated German and French translations
    Added the version number to the underlying service and bumped the API version
    Robustified the service upgrade process

Enjoy,

-- Rod
  18.    #278  
    No problem reports in 6 hours since the Preware 1.1.0 release

This one might be a keeper.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No problem reports in 6 hours since the Preware 1.1.0 release
    I had a minor problem updating from 1.0.0. When I hit the update button I got a bunch of IPKG errors but after doing a Luna restart everything seems to be ok. I double checked Preware and it's showing that it successfully updated to 1.1.0.

If you are interested in the IPKG log, let me know where it's stored on the Pre and I'll post it.
    I have been unable to upgrade to 1.1. My installed version is 1.04. Is there something I need to remove first? When I click on update, it starts downloading/installing and never does anything else. Let it run for 4 hours, no change. This is after Luna restart.