Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    Rod,

All I can say is you rock. Your dedication to WebOS, especially since you are in a country that isn't even close to launching it, is amazing and you should be on Palm's payroll for all you do for it.

That detail was perfect for a techy guy like me. Thanks for giving us a peak into the detailed analysis that you guys do to make homebrew successful.
    what he said!

I am glad I asked what it exactly meant because I got a fantastic answer!

once again, you and the rest of webos-internals rock!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    The detail that Rod provided was great for me, as well. Not because I am that much of a techie girl, but because of all the information that webOSinternals (and others, mind you) has made available here in the fora and on the wiki. I have learned tons!!! So thank you, yet again.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Back to ver 1.0 deleted Testing feeds and i'm still getting an update notice for preware ver 1.0.3.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Back to ver 1.0 deleted Testing feeds and i'm still getting an update notice for preware ver 1.0.3.....
    Did you restart your phone?

several times.....doesn't show up right away takes a minute...then pops up
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Hmmm...wiser heads than I must answer, then. I'm all out of ideas. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Did you restart your phone?
    Did you update your feeds also after removing the testing one?
    I'm getting same Update for 1.0.3. I have turned off the Testing Feed, cannot delete it, rebooted twice, still shows.

I'm ignoring because I had updated to it, got nothing but spinning wheels, so per Ron's advise in backpages, used WebOSQI to uninstall 1.0.3, reinstalled 1.0, but still showing update available.

And thanked him then for fixing my problem. I will ignore and not update until forums say to.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I'm getting same Update for 1.0.3. I have turned off the Testing Feed, cannot delete it, rebooted twice, still shows.

I'm ignoring because I had updated to it, got nothing but spinning wheels, so per Ron's advise in backpages, used WebOSQI to uninstall 1.0.3, reinstalled 1.0, but still showing update available.

And thanked him then for fixing my problem. I will ignore and not update until forums say to.
    You could try turning all your feeds off, then updating so you get no packages, then reselecting you feeds again and updated.
    This worked for me when I turned the SPK feed off.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Noticing a lot that when applications are updated in the Palm catalog, preware shows these apps in the Updated Applications category, but when I click on them to update, it loads the page for them and they just say "Tap to launch." These seems to be during the first day or so after they are updated. The odd thing however is that if I goto my installed application in the actual App Catalog, I CAN update it from there.. Then it recognizes that there is something to be updated. Where is the break-down in this that I can't actually update from Preware even though preware recognizes that there IS an update for the app?
    I ended up having to doctor due to a different issue and since i didn't add the testing feeds preware is working as it should....maybe something to do with the saved package list??? i dunno....
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Noticing a lot that when applications are updated in the Palm catalog, preware shows these apps in the Updated Applications category, but when I click on them to update, it loads the page for them and they just say "Tap to launch." These seems to be during the first day or so after they are updated. The odd thing however is that if I goto my installed application in the actual App Catalog, I CAN update it from there.. Then it recognizes that there is something to be updated. Where is the break-down in this that I can't actually update from Preware even though preware recognizes that there IS an update for the app?
    I leave the app catalog and catalog update feeds off, and use the palm app to update and install official apps....doing that also stopped me from having the random luna restart issues some have been reporting after updating an app through preware...
    from my mild use of preware 1.04 the only thing that caused trouble (just a bother really) was when downloading a patch it would say "downloading/installing SUCCESS" even though it was still working on processes. This was most evident when installing the virtual keyboard patch, and I thought Preware was hanging.
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I leave the app catalog and catalog update feeds off, and use the palm app to update and install official apps....doing that also stopped me from having the random luna restart issues some have been reporting after updating an app through preware...

Does doing it this way make the Updates app not always claim there's updates even when there's not?

M.
    just wondering if it's stored in your online backup or not.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I believe if you mean if you have to get a new device will Palm restore your Homebrew apps and patches then no.
    Preware does back you up now a days but to what extent I'm not sure as I haven't had to get a refurb in awhile. (knock on wood)

Actually I think PW only backs you up if you have to doctor your phone. Reinstalling things is really not that big of deal these days..
    Everybody wants some!..
    no
    No, i mean like on an ipod touch, if you jailbreak it and then backup from an existing backup and reinstall a clean OS it still has some reminants of the jailbreak. I was wondering if any patches or anything stick around in the backup.
    If you cant get it from Palms app store than it pretty much wont restore it self. I think that might be the rule of thumb.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Does doing it this way make the Updates app not always claim there's updates even when there's not?

M.
    No, the Updates app or the App Catalog will show the updates when they are there. The issue is that Preware shows the updates also, but for some reason when it loads the page for the app from Preware, it doesn't always have the option to update until a day or more later. If you go directly to the App Catalog or Updates app, it will be there however..