Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdraket View Post
    I need some help with a Preware issue.

I have two brothers (and their wives also! - go webOS!) who both have Sprint Pixi's running 1.4.1.1. They have both installed Preware 1.0 using WEBOSQI successfully, but are unable to install any patches using Preware. Here is an error log that one of them emailed me. Any help?

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    8 32316 8 2651 0 0 1031 0 0:00:31 0:00:02 0:00:29 1968
    12 32316 12 4099 0 0 1140 0 0:00:28 0:00:03 0:00:25 1729
    100 32316 100 32316 0 0 7391 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 10265
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons (1.4.1-8) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons (1.4.1-8) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/submission/76/javascript/assistants/details-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting
    This is just a standard conflicting patches problem, not a problem in Preware.

Talk to the authors of the conflicting patches to see if they can change the patches so they don't conflict.

-- Rod
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    After checking the log is clear to me why no new patches are being applied...Here is the log:
    ******* Patch Log Created by postinst Wed May 19 09:47:20 PDT 2010 ************

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Wed May 19 09:47:23 PDT 2010
    ERROR: /usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option is not a directory or does not exist!
    *** FAILED ***

PATCH REMOVAL Wed May 19 09:47:28 PDT 2010
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option/browser-share-image-message-option.patch

----------------------------------
    Checking md5sums
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.browser
    md5sum: fc04d8978532590f434d8160cc2862ea
    md5sum of Palm file has changed since installation, assuming OTA
    palm_md5sum: fc04d8978532590f434d8160cc2862ea
    orig_palm_md5sum:
    All of the files in the patch are already stock (most likely due to OTA update)

Cleaning up backups...
    file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    file md5sum: c17a66583262e53c1e41f87dfcadb8cc
    orig md5sum: fc04d8978532590f434d8160cc2862ea
    palm md5sum: fc04d8978532590f434d8160cc2862ea
    SUCCESS

There is no directory that it is looking for: ERROR: /usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option is not a directory or does not exist!

The patch file is actually located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option

and not

/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option

I checked and made sure the file system is set for Read/Write.

So I guess I need to figure out 2 things:
    1. Why is it looking for that directory for the patch?
    2. Why is Preware saying it was Successful?

Mike
    Thanks for the detailed alpha testing problem report. There is definitely an issue here with the alternate installation method and patches.

Can you confirm whether they apply if you change the Avoid webOS Bugs preference to 'No' ?

-- Rod
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Issue I have is when looking at LsDiff, Diffstat or GNU patch, all 3 hang Preware, eventually after waiting some icons come up, but a description or buttons to remove never do.
    My guess is that there are too many dependent packages to display.

Try temporarily disabling the webos-patches feed, updating feeds, then looking at the package. Let me know if that works.

-- Rod
    I just had to swap phones after an Assurion replacement, I downloaded preware again from Webos quickinstall, but the version that was downloaded from the feed was 1.0.0 and its not asking me to update preware. Additionally it appears to be looking for 1.3.5.1 patch feeds and gives and error trying to find them. I have the kernals feed switched to on but not kernals show up in the results. Preware also doesn't not show any updates available for itself. Any ideas?
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    I just had to swap phones after an Assurion replacement, I downloaded preware again from Webos quickinstall, but the version that was downloaded from the feed was 1.0.0 and its not asking me to update preware. Additionally it appears to be looking for 1.3.5.1 patch feeds and gives and error trying to find them. I have the kernals feed switched to on but not kernals show up in the results. Preware also doesn't not show any updates available for itself. Any ideas?
    The latest public release of Preware is 1.0.0

Have you updated your webOS version on your new phone?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    I just had to swap phones after an Assurion replacement, I downloaded preware again from Webos quickinstall, but the version that was downloaded from the feed was 1.0.0 and its not asking me to update preware.
    I believe that Preware 1.0.0 is the official release. All others are test releases only available in the testing feeds.
    nervermind, I forgot to update the webos version of my phone
    Sorry, to waste your time. Back to doing the great work yall do.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks for the detailed alpha testing problem report. There is definitely an issue here with the alternate installation method and patches.

Can you confirm whether they apply if you change the Avoid webOS Bugs preference to 'No' ?

-- Rod
    Each time it failed, the Avoid webOS flag was set to Yes.
    Once I set to it to No, the patch installed just fine.

Here is the log from the success:
    PATCH INSTALLATION Wed May 19 13:19:20 PDT 2010
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option/browser-share-image-message-option.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 630 with fuzz 2 (offset 2 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 653 (offset 2 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 696 (offset 8 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 719 (offset 10 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 1918 (offset 37 lines).

Creating md5sums list...
    Find package for file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    FOUND in package com.palm.app.browser
    fc04d8978532590f434d8160cc2862ea *./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs

Actually applying the patch!
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    SUCCESS

Also, when it applied the patch successfully, I noticed that when I selected Later on Restart Luna ?, it took 30-45 seconds to return, as opposed to immediate when the setting was Yes.

Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by mike_pre; 05/19/2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Additional info
    My wheel is just spinning, won't update Preware or load new app. After reading above info, I am running Preware v1.0.2 on Sprint, Uber Kernel with various patches. Just doctored last weekend, loaded new version.

If the newest version is 1.0, is this incorrect? I do have a Testing Feed I have loaded for some reason (advised for some app/patch). Might this be why I have it?

Most importantly, what should I do about it.
    Disabled the webos internal feeds, allowed me to see the 3 linux apps I talked of (diffstate, gnu patch, lsdiff)
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    My wheel is just spinning, won't update Preware or load new app. After reading above info, I am running Preware v1.0.2 on Sprint, Uber Kernel with various patches. Just doctored last weekend, loaded new version.

If the newest version is 1.0, is this incorrect? I do have a Testing Feed I have loaded for some reason (advised for some app/patch). Might this be why I have it?

Most importantly, what should I do about it.
    Since you're not aware that you are alpha testing Preware, you should disable the testing feed, and use WOSQI to remove Preware 1.0.2 and then reinstall Preware 1.0.0

Anyone who is not intentionally participating in bleeding edge alpha testing (and prepared to deal with the consequences of doing so) should disable any testing feeds immediately.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Since you're not aware that you are alpha testing Preware, you should disable the testing feed, and use WOSQI to remove Preware 1.0.2 and then reinstall Preware 1.0.0

Anyone who is not intentionally participating in bleeding edge alpha testing (and prepared to deal with the consequences of doing so) should disable any testing feeds immediately.

-- Rod
    I had the testing feeds on for uberkernal and govnah installation, and updated preware not realizing it was an alpha testing update, am removing now and will disable testing feeds, my question is with the testing feeds disabled will i get notified of a kernal or govnah update?
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    Each time it failed, the Avoid webOS flag was set to Yes.
    Once I set to it to No, the patch installed just fine.

Here is the log from the success:
    PATCH INSTALLATION Wed May 19 13:19:20 PDT 2010
    Contains text patch

Dry run patch attempt...

Creating md5sums list...
    Find package for file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    FOUND in package com.palm.app.browser
    fc04d8978532590f434d8160cc2862ea *./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs

Actually applying the patch!
    SUCCESS

Also, when it applied the patch successfully, I noticed that when I selected Later on Restart Luna ?, it took 30-45 seconds to return, as opposed to immediate when the setting was Yes.

Thanks
    Mike
    OK, the root cause is that Palm's ApplicationInstallerUtility (which is used by the alternate installation method to avoid the webOS 1.4 rescan bug) does not check the return status of the pmPostInstall script.

So I needed to remove those scripts from all the 360+ patches, and force Preware to run the post-install scripts manually instead of letting Palm's utility run them.

That meant another feed rebuild for all patches

The good news is that the rebuild has finished, so please start testing patches with Preware 1.0.3 with the Avoid webOS Bugs preference set back to "Yes".

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I had the testing feeds on for uberkernal and govnah installation, and updated preware not realizing it was an alpha testing update, am removing now and will disable testing feeds, my question is with the testing feeds disabled will i get notified of a kernal or govnah update?
    Yes, you will get update notifications of public releases, not alpha testing releases.

-- Rod
    Testing feeds off and i'm still getting an update for preware ver 1.0.3 did it go public? or do i have an issue?

Forget it...device restart no update showing now....
    Last edited by vbockius; 05/19/2010 at 05:41 PM.
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    OK, the root cause is that Palm's ApplicationInstallerUtility (which is used by the alternate installation method to avoid the webOS 1.4 rescan bug) does not check the return status of the pmPostInstall script.

So I needed to remove those scripts from all the 360+ patches, and force Preware to run the post-install scripts manually instead of letting Palm's utility run them.

That meant another feed rebuild for all patches

The good news is that the rebuild has finished, so please start testing patches with Preware 1.0.3 with the Avoid webOS Bugs preference set back to "Yes".

-- Rod
    So far I tried one with the Avoid webOS Bugs preference set to Yes and it installed just fine, Luna restart and patch is there and working...And pressing restart later returned immediately this time around.

Mike
    I tested installing one patch with Avoid webOS Bugs pref to Yes and it installed very quickly, no problems. As Mike mentioned, selecting Later returned immediately for me, as well.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Rod,
    Thank you, I have had fit with my Pre in the last week resulting in doctoring. I'm still having issues but trying to resolve loss of EV signals periodically (thought it might be from change from SuperPreKernel to Uber and some type of conflict).

Anyway, I used WebOSQI to remove Preware 1.0.3, reloaded and rebooted, now runing 1.0. I did have trouble with QI, wouldn't recognize Pre on one computer, used laptop (I keep both current), and still had a hard time I couldn't remove Testing Feed, so just diabled as you suggested (had it on for Govnah), but still showing an available update to 1.0.3 even after reboot. I will ignore till I see info on Forums. This might have even caused EV flicker, who knows, its random.

Thank you for all your help to forum, and me in particular, I pushed the Thanks Button.

P.S. One suggestion, actually a request I made in WebOS Development forum was a list of feeds, what each one is for. This would prevent the problem I had, one of the developers said to load Testing Feed for updates, then causes problems with Preware. I know l337 was for SuperPre which is now not supported, etc. With all the changes and newbies, this might be good reference to prevent problems and simplify information.
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I tested installing one patch with Avoid webOS Bugs pref to Yes and it installed very quickly, no problems. As Mike mentioned, selecting Later returned immediately for me, as well.
    Excellent. The long delay that used to happen when you hit Later is also related to the webOS 1.4 rescan bug.

-- Rod